For everyone who has made it to the golf club, they must have heard everyone say that fairway woods are hard to play with. Well, yes, these fairway woods are hard to play with if you are a beginner who cannot take long shots. However, these shots can be pretty hard to make, which is the prime reason that pro golfers are always looking for the best fairway woods.
The golf manufacturers have come up with the hybrids that have replaced the fairways woods, but that’s happening only for the beginners and intermediate golfers. This has made it difficult to find the perfect fairway wood because they are fewer in number and don’t have many audiences for them. But still, the demand is there from the pro players.
There are still some fairway woods options left in the market, which are all the optimization of advanced technology, which makes these woods amazingly important and beneficial. With this notion, we are sure that fairway woods are readily available to be played with and invested. The best thing about fairway woods is that people can make punch shots with it.
So, if you’ve been looking for the fairway woods as well, we have added the best fairway woods for beginners in this article. While choosing the fairway woods, we have made sure that we take into account every golfer’s needs. In addition, we have covered the fairway woods buying guide through which people will be able to make the right choice while buying the best fairway wood for high handicappers. So, have a look!
|Top||TaylorMade M4 Fairway (5 Wood, X-Stiff Flex, Left Hand)||Buy Now|
|TaylorMade Men's RBZ Fairway, Black, Right Hand, Regular Flex, 3 Wood, 15 Degrees||Buy Now|
|TaylorMade Fairway-M2 2017 #3 X Golf Fairway, Left Hand||Buy Now|
|Callaway Men's Steelhead XR Fairway Wood, Left Hand, Graphite Shaft, Regular Flex, 3 Wood, 15 Degrees||Buy Now|
|Callaway Golf 2019 Epic Flash Fairway Wood, 3 Wood, 15.0 Degrees, Left Hand, Women's Flex||Buy Now|
|Pinemeadow Golf PGX Offset Golf Fairway Woods (Left Hand, Graphite, Regular, 3 Wood/16°)||Buy Now|
|TaylorMade Golf M6 Fairway, 5 Wood, Left Hand, Regular Flex Shaft: Fujikura Atmos Orange 6||Buy Now|
|Callaway Golf 2020 Mavrik Fairway Wood (Right Hand, UST Helium 50G, Regular, 5 Wood)||Buy Now|
|Orlimar Golf Escape Fairway Wood (RH) #5 Graphite Shaft - R Flex||Buy Now|
|Callaway Epic Flash Star Fairway (Right Hand, 3 Fairway , 15 Degrees, Regular Flex)||Buy Now|
1. TaylorMade M4 Fairway Wood – best fairway woods all time
Golf is a very precise game, and when you have made up the mind to enter into the golfing field, you need to be aware of the fact that the right equipment is essential. The players need to ensure that they are playing with the best golf clubs out there. The golf clubs include irons and woods, but the pro players are always looking for the fairway wood.
If you are one such golfer who has been eyeing the best fairway wood in the market, TaylorMade has some amazing choices that will optimize the game. This brand has a positive reputation in the market, which has made it one of the top choices. The fairway woods are available to meet the diverse needs of the players. So, let’s see what TaylorMade has to offer with this fairway wood!
- The fairway wood has been designed with left-handed and right-handed players in mind
- The wood is integrated with a speed pocket which is responsible for adding up to the speed of the ball
- The speed of the ball is enhanced around the clubface, promising optimal forgiveness level and higher distance coverage
- The clubface has split-weight mass pads that are promised to improve the MOI and also, the perimeter weight is optimized
- The face is constructed with ultra-strong ni-co 300 steel face insert which will promise optimal ball speed
- The wood is designed with a five-layer carbon crown which ensures a lower center of gravity level
- The low center of gravity promises a reduction in the spin and higher launch of the shots
- The hostel has a fluted design that not only improves the feel of the wood but also works on the sound
- There are zero compromises on the centralization or location or center of gravity
- The fairway wood has geocoustic technology, topped with low profile shape and a huge footprint that makes the fairway wood easy to play and launch
- The playability will enhance with this fairway wood
There are always some people who need stiff woods with reduced flexibility because it offers them higher control over the shots. So, if you are one such golfer, this TaylorMade fairway wood will make an apt option for you.
2. TaylorMade Men’s RBZ Fairway, Black – best fairway woods ever
Every game is man-made, but only a few of them are so elite as the golf. Golf is one of the most sophisticated and classical games out there, which has blanketed the elite people in this charm. Similarly, the fairway woods are equally amazing because they help golfers make top-notch shots with zero compromises on the long shots.
To keep up with the performance and zero bungers on the quality, TaylorMade has been working on the manufacturing of golf clubs and sets since 1979. The company is known to go any length that they need to design the clubs that meet the golfer’s needs. So, with this TaylorMade Men’s RBZ Fairway, they have clearly cranked up the notch of fairway game. Have a look at the features!
- The fairway wood has right-hand and left-hand alignment
- The fairway wood has been constructed with RocketFuel 65-graphite which shouts about the durability and performance
- There are three flexes available; regular, stiff, and senior to meet diverse golfer’s needs
- There is a legendary speed pocket in the fairway wood that not only promises higher distance coverage but it also poses a positive impact on high launch
- The mass pads are strategically positioned that lead to top-notch launch, feel, and sound of the shots
- The profile lowers pretty shallowly which speaks goof about the lower center of gravity levels
- The lower center of gravity positively impacts the playability
- The graphite construction is pretty lightweight, and also, it leads to increased speed
- The fairway woods have a black satin finish which helps improve alignment while looking good
The best thing about this fairway wood is that it has managed to capture the hearts of every high handicapper. The pro players have managed to work their way around the short shafts, and other than that, there are no apparent issues there!
3. TaylorMade M2 Men’s Fairway Wood – best fairway woods
Over the last few years, fairway woods have outlined a negative position in the market mainly because they had become hard to play with manufacturers were innovating with the hybrids. However, the advanced technology is being implied to the fairway woods as well because people were actually demanding the fairway woods.
So, how was this possible that TaylorMade didn’t listen to these people. Well, actually, they did, which prompted them to come up with a wide range of fairway woods. These fairway woods have been designed to ensure the highest standards of performance because, to be honest, they have been in the market for more than three decades now. So, let’s see what TaylorMade has to offer with this fairway wood!
- The fairway wood is constructed with right and left-hand alignment in mind
- The graphite material has been used in the construction
- Multiple flex options have been added to the fairway woods, catering to diverse needs of the golfers and their skills
- The fairway wood has three wood configurations such as 3-wood, 5-wood, and 3-wood HL
- The fairway woods have 450 stainless steel body and a six-layer carbon crown
- The face is constructed of stainless steel as well
- This fairway wood is designed with multiple materials, but the center of gravity has been kept low
- The fairway wood has an inverted cone technology which saves the ball speed
- The sweet spot is pretty huge, and also, the forgiveness levels are pretty high
- There is geocoustic technology in the clubs which enhance the playability and optimizes the sound and feel
- The two-tiered sole design is constructed into this fairway wood puts a positive change on the playability
- The speed pockets have flexible and long designs which enhances the ball speed and helps in covering a higher distance
- The low-face shots are possible, and the backspins are reduced
- There is a fluted hostel in the fairway wood which optimizes the optimal feel and sound of the shots without compromising on the distance coverage
If you have an extra headcover lying around that could fit this fairway wood’s clubhead, there are no apparent cons that you need to be worrying about. Be it the distance coverage or reduction in backspins, and everything has been taken care of!
4. Callaway Men’s Steelhead XR Fairway Wood – best fairway woods for high handicappers
Golf is a game that demands uncompromised concentration and skill integration to make sure that you are acing the shots. However, one needs to be considerate about the golf clubs, and while we are at it, let us tell you that there is no other club greater than the fairway woods. These fairway woods have been designed to optimize the long shots.
But one needs to choose the right brand because they are usually designing their fairway woods with zero cons and higher performance metrics. So, if you’ve been looking for a fairway woods, Callaway has some great options laid out. But we are really in love with this Callaway Men’s Steelhead XR Fairway Wood, which has swept everyone by their feet. So, are you ready to see the features?
- There are left and right-hand orientations available in the fairway wood
- The shaft has been constructed with graphite
- The flex is regular and senior to make sure there is something for every golfer out there. But on top of that, stiff and extra stiff flex is available as well
- The fairway wood has been designed with six configurations such as 3-2ood, 5-wood, 7-wood, heaven wood, 3+ wood, and a 4+ wood
- The fairway wood has been designed with a modern Hawkeye sole which improves the playability
- The classic steelhead shape promises the easier launch
- There is a fastball speed because Callaway has added the next-generation face cup technology
- The fairway woods have a short hostel and a J-36 carbon crown which leads to higher forgiveness level
- The speed step technology improvises the head speed, making it fast
- The shaft has a premium stock design which not only offers control but power as well
If you’ve been looking for the fairway woods that not only helps you make long shots but optimizes the straight shots as well, this Callaway fairway wood is an amazing option out there. However, if you intend to take the grooves, that might not be possible with this!
5. Callaway Golf Epic Flash Fairway Wood – best fairway woods for beginners
Golf has been the top choice of the military retired people because it gave them the satisfaction of showing off their pointing skills. However, they need to use the right clubs and irons, their game ill be tarnished, and nobody wants that. That’s the prime reason that these golfers are actively looking for a fairway wood.
With the increasing demand, an increasing number of golf manufacturing companies are dwelling into the fairway wood construction. But it is better not to experiment, especially when you’ve a special tournament coming up. In these times, it is better to go for the brands, and Callaway is one of them. This Callaway epic flash fairway wood is designed to crank up the notch of performance, but it also has some other features, such as;
- Be it the right-hand orientation of left; this fairway wood has it all
- The shaft of this Callaway epic flash fairway wood has been constructed with graphite
- The fairway wood has been designed for men, but they have added the ladies flex to it which makes them suitable for female golfers
- There are eight different configurations in the fairway wood to cater to different needs of the players
- The prime aim of this fairway wood has been designed to offer increased ball speed, and also, the distance covered is top-notch
- The fairway wood has a flash face which ensures that higher distance coverage is granted to your shots
- The ball speed will be enhanced with the integration of flash face technology
- The fairway wood has a forged 455 carpenter steel construction which not only helps increase the ball speed but also helps in making off-center and on-center shots
- There is a jailbreak technology in the fairway wood which has two internal bars as well, which promises impacted load on the clubface
- There is an OptiFit Hostel which optimizes the location of the center of gravity
- The relocation of the center of gravity which helps in making long and high shots
This Callaway fairway wood is an amazing option for everyone who is trying to ensure the relocation of the center of gravity without compromising on the distance covered. The best part of this fairway wood is that there are no apparent cons in it that could saturate the second-thoughts!
6. Pinemeadow PGX Offset Golf Fairway Woods – best 3 wood for high handicapper
When it comes down to golf, one needs to utilize all their skills, focus, and concentration into the game if they want to ensure the high-performance scales in the game. In addition to these skills and focus, one needs to use the right woods and irons because that’s how you are going to make the shots, right? That makes it essential to choose the right woods.
So, if you’ve been looking for the fairway woods that hit up the performance and quality of your shots, choosing the highly reputable brand will be worth it. You might have heard a lot about Callaway and TaylorMade, but Pinemeadow is one of the best options out there. This offset golf fairway wood is an amazing thing to go for if you need long shots. So, have a look at the features!
- The fairway wood has been designed with right-hand and left-hand orientation
- The fairway wood has an anti-slice technology which has managed to ensure recreational shots for pro golfers
- The fairway wood has been designed to ensure an offset in the clubface
- The leading edge of the clubface is offset which makes it easy to hit the long and straight shots
- The woods have been designed with graphite shafts
- The graphite shafts have been integrated with the stainless steel clubhead
- The fairway wood has been designed with a headcover
- The headcover has been designed to ensure your fairway wood’s clubhead is safe from the damages
If you’ve been looking for the fairway wood that ensures the highest standards of performance and quality, this Pinemeadow fairway wood is one the most suitable options out there. However, you might need to be careful with the shots because the color starts fading off!
7. TaylorMade Golf M6 Rocket Fairway Wood
Golf is the intricate game, and one needs to be considerate about the shots because it demands the utter level of confidence and skills to make the right shots. However, if you are using the wrong clubs and irons, even the skills and focus won’t be able to help you out. This is why you need to be working on the right fairway wood because it helps in optimizing the long and straight shots.
So, if you have been looking for the fairway wood that not only optimizes your performance and helps you ace the skills, you have got to start using the right fairway woods. With this notion, we would like to suggest that these TaylorMade fairway woods have been designed to help you thrive with your desired shots in the golf court. So, let’s see what this fairway wood has got!
- This fairway wood is no different when it comes down to the hand orientation; this wood has right-hand and left-hand orientation
- Thee are regular, stiff, extra stiff, and senior flex in the fairway wood
- There are four configurations available for this fairway wood
- The fairway wood has a twist face curvature which helps optimize the off-center hits
- The shots are straight, and the sidespin will be reduced
- The fairway wood has a new head design which not only has a deep face but has a large carbon crown as well
- These integrations will optimize the enhanced playability, and optimal distance coverage distance will be promised
- There is an advanced speed pocket design that enhances the slot flexibility given the huge COR area
- The TPU slot insert has been added to the fairway wood which enhances the turf interaction and higher flush levels
Whenever you are thinking about investing in the fairway wood, you need to understand that golf is an expensive sport. That’s because one fairway wood is going to cost you hundreds of dollars, and this one is no different. As far as the performance is concerned, there are no apparent issues lying around!
8. Callaway Golf 2020 Mavrik Fairway Wood (Certified Refurbished)
Once you have started playing golf, there is literally no going back because you will be indulged in the golf clubs all day. The golfers are actively looking for the woods and irons that help them crank up their performance’s patch. So, if you have been on the same road of finding the perfect fairway wood for your next tournament, we think that this Callaway fairway wood will be an amazing choice.
Callaway has managed to optimize and coin their name in the market of golf clubs because they have never compromised on the quality. And well, they are keeping up with the tradition with this fairway wood because it is pretty feature-rich. So, in the section below, we have added the features for your clear understanding!
- This fairway wood is only available for the right-handed golfers
- The fairway wood has been designed with the senior flex which clearly depicts that it an apt choice for pro players
- The fairway wood has been designed with heavenwood configuration with a 20.5-degree
- The fairway wood has been designed with a classic steelhead shape which leads to a higher yet easy launch
- The fairway wood has been designed with a modern Hawkeye sole
- The next-generation face-up technology has been implemented in the fairway wood which offers higher speed of the ball
- The fairway wood has a shorter hostel and a J-36 carbon crown which offers the highest standards of forgiveness
- The speed step technology has been added that promises faster head speed
For everyone who has been looking for a reputable and branded company to represent your fairway wood, this Callaway fairway wood has become the perfect option out there. However, you can use this fairway wood only if you are the right-handed golfer.
9. Orlimar Golf Escape Fairway Wood – best 3 wood for a high handicapper
Fairway woods have been an integral part of golf bags, but over the years, there have been some notorious news about the fairway woods that they aren’t suitable enough. Well, yes, the fairway woods aren’t suitable, but that implies to the beginners only. This is because professional players are always looking for the fairway woods that help them ace the game.
With this notion, it’s needless to say that fairway wood demand is still going strong for the professional golfers. So, if you’ve been looking for the fairway wood that helps you make long and straight shots, Orlimar has cranked up the notch with this golf escape fairway wood. The fairway wood is a pretty suitable option for every golfer out there, and if you want to know the features, we have added them all in the section below;
- This fairway wood has a right-hand orientation
- When it comes down to the flex, there are multiple options such as ladies, regular, and senior
- There are seven configurations available in this fairway wood
- The shaft has been designed with graphite material which offers a long life of the club
- The clubs have a low center of gravity which helps control the shots and also, adds accuracy to the shots
- There is shallow face height in the woods
- The shaft has been constructed with Superlite 60-graphite
- There is a custom velvet in the grip which makes it very comfortable to use
There are always two types of people; right-handed and left-handed people. So, if you are the right-handed golfer who isn’t afraid to try new brands and fairway woods, this will become the ultimate option. The brand name might be new in the market, but we assure you that there are no compromises on the performance and quality.
10. Callaway Golf Epic Flash Fairway Wood (Renewed)
If you’ve been playing golf for a long time, you would know that every club has been added to the golf bag has proper functions. Similarly, over the past few years, people have been looking for alternate options because fairway woods are really hard to play with. But to be honest, the pro players have been playing the top-notch shots with it.
So, if you’ve been looking for the fairway wood that has been designed with top-notch features and functionalities, there are a plethora of options available in the market. But you have got to make the right choice when it comes down to the brand because it will determine the performance. So, this Callaway fairway wood has been designed to be an amazing option with the following features;
- This fairway wood is available in a right-hand and left-hand orientation that caters to everyone’s needs
- The shaft has been constructed with project x even flow green, 60-graphite
- There are multiple flex options available, such as regular, ladies, and light which make it perfect for beginners as well
- The fairway wood has been designed with six configurations that help all types of players ace the shots
- With this fairway wood, the golfers will be able to enhance the distance and increase the ball speed because there is flash face technology
- The flash face technology has a fairway wood face design which improves the ball speed
- The fairway wood has a forged 455 carpenter steel construction which helps integrate the technologies to ensure faster ball speed
- The players will be able to make off-center and on-center hits with this fairway wood
- The fairway wood has been designed with a jailbreak technology because there are two internal bars that will enhance the ball speed while stiffening up the body
- There is an OptiFit hosel in the club with light and short construction, promising to reposition the center of gravity
- The center of gravity will help make long, high, and carrying flights
Choosing the right brand is essential when you are looking for golf clubs. You might opt for the cheap club, but it will deeply impact the game. With this notion, it’s needless to say that this Callaway fairway wood will make a good choice, and you will see noticeable changes in the game performance.
best fairway woods ever – Buying Guide
The pro golfers are always looking for the perfect fairway woods that help them ace the long and straight shots. But over time, the beginners have understood the importance as well because they will be able to learn the pro techniques and ramp up their skill level. But these skills can be attained only if you are using the right equipment.
So, when we were looking for the best fairway wood for you, it was so obvious that they were designed recently, but over the years, there have been multiple improvements in the overall design. So, while you are out buying the perfect fairway wood that helps you make the top-notch shots, you might need to consider some essential points.
With this buying guide, we are sharing some key factors that one needs to consider while buying the fairway wood. This is because these factors will determine the performance of the golfers. So, let’s have a look!
Many beginners aren’t aware of the technicalities, but the loft is the angle at which people direct the golf ball from the ground. The fairways woods are designed and numbered in the ascending order. The first one is the driver, moving on to the 1-wood. The driver or 1-wood has the lowest loft angle, and moving on; the lofts are available numbered from 9 to 13.
However, the majority of people are using fairway wood three and five, which also depicts the loft angle and degree. The fairway wood-3 usually has a loft angle ranging from 13-degrees to 16-degrees, and if you look at the fairway wood-5, it has the loft angle of 18-degrees to 20-degrees. For everyone who wants to make long-distance shots, you need to use the low loft angle.
This distance coverage is better because the swing will have a higher power in the shot. This will make sure that the ball is pushing away (forward) instead of upwards. If you are making the shot with a low loft angle, the ball speed will be enhanced, but the carry level will be minimal. In simpler words, the ball will start acing the ground before time.
The fairway wood-5 is usually designed to be easy to hit the shots because it has been designed with a higher loft angle. In contrast, the fairway wood-3 will help increase the loft angle. In other words, the golfers will be able to increase the distance coverage and height with fairway wood-5. So, if you think that there can be one final choice, you need to understand that everything works with a balance.
If you need to work your way around higher distance coverage and power in the fairway wood, you need to use the high-angle loft angle. But again, not everyone uses a similar swing, which makes it different for every golfer regarding the fairway wood. You might witness some errors in the start, but with time, you will learn with continuous practicing.
This shaft length will again demand to create the balance because there are no rights and wrongs in shaft length. If you opt for the lightweight and short shaft, it provides higher power and swing speed. It will also increase the movement of the ball speed. In contrast, if you need to bend out the shots, you can use the natural positions because they are helpful in gaining control of the shots.
Also, if you opt for the long shafts, they will be heavyweight, but it will negatively impact the swing speed. If you aren’t using the right length of the shaft, you will be put into a very awkward situation in the golf court. So, choost your skills demand!
Coefficient Of Restitution
This is usually named COR, which determines the energy transfer when two objects come in contact with each other. If the coefficient of restitution is high, it shows that energy shared and transferred from the object. This will increase the swing speed, and in addition, it will enhance the distance coverage. If you are playing the golf tournament, you don’t need to go above the 0.83 COR level. But again, if you are playing the practice or fun sessions, you can go over and beyond 0.83 COR.
This is another angle that needs to be addressed when playing golf. So, face angle is the angle of the face at the address. There are different face angles available to cater to diverse golfer’s needs. The first one is a square face angle as it’s designed with perpendicular design to the target and also has an open clubface.
The open clubface reduces the loft angle, but if you opt for the closed clubface, the loft angle will be enhanced. This face angle cannot be determined for you because it is more of a personal choice as you need to be cautious about the ball flight. If you’ve been struggling with slicing, the closed clubface is an amazing option. In contrast, the open clubface will help optimize the ball hooking strategies that can impact the position.
This might not be the most prevalent thing out there, but there are some manufacturers that are offering the moveable weights and weight screws in the fairway wood. These woods will help golfers to manipulate the weight and clubhead location. In other words, it will impact the ball trajectory and flight. If you increase the weights, you will have a customized experience, but one needs to ensure the availability of fine-tuning.
While choosing the fairway wood, you need to be considerate about the materials because they help promise the durability and overall experience. There are multiple materials that are commonly used for the fairway wood construction, and we have added the in the section below;
The majority of the fairway woods in the market are designed with a steel clubhead because they are pretty small as compared to the clubhead of the driver. The steel construction depicts strength and longevity. Also, the steel construction will be forgiving. Also, steel clubheads are pretty economical.
You might not believe this, but titanium is an active material for the fairway wood construction because they are usually beneficial and have a lightweight factor. The fairway woods that have titanium construction tend to have a big clubhead. Titanium tends to be lightweight, which makes sure that manufacturers can create a thin face.
The thin clubface promises that center of gravity will be lowered, and the weight distribution will be optimized. The best thing about this material is that clubhead can be made wide as well poses positive impacts on the forgiveness level. But if it’s providing all these benefits, the price factor can increase to a considerable rate!
Composite means that there are integration and mixing of the material, and there is a huge range of fairway woods that’s been coming into the market. For instance, some golf manufacturers are using the carbon on the crown, the clubhead’s rear side. With this integration, the perimeter weighting will be optimal, and the weight of the head will be reduced.
These designs and materials make clubheads highly forgiving, and the best thing is that it is not heavy on the pocket. In contrast, some manufacturers are using the tungsten material that optimizes the weight position, which leads to optimal forgiveness levels.
It does not matter how forgiving a fairway wood is; it is not useful if it does not cover a long distance. Golf courses are getting lengthier and lengthier with each passing day, so you should not utilize the clubs that cannot help you keep up with the up-to-the-minute game requirements. You should buy a wood that flaunts a thin and dynamic face that lifts off it as far as possible down the fairway. Nowadays, distance has become more important in golf than ever.
If a fairway wood is enormously costly, then it should launch the ball higher and straighter. You would hope so, but unfortunately, this is not the case. If wood can cover a few more yards, but its cost is extraordinarily high, it is not worth spending extra money on it.
The prices of golf clubs are rising higher and higher every year. Innovative technologies and superior quality materials are being used for manufacturing the clubs. The brands include both the manufacturing and marketing costs in the retail price of the clubs. So, when you are spending a hefty amount on a fairway wood, you want it to last for the long-term. Wood must be well-built to last for at least 6 to 7 years, if not decades.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What Should I Consider While Buying A Fairway Wood?
There are various options obtainable in the market, but we would recommend getting a versatile 3-wood. It should perform competently from the tee and off the fairway. Additionally, it should not disappoint you when the grass is thin. Forgiveness is essential for all levels of golfers. It should be able to hit the ball higher and cover more distance.
2. Who Manufacturers The Best Fairway Woods Ever?
Many fairway woods brands are operating in the industry. Among them, some of the companies are the best creators. These brands have gained recognition because of their stellar quality and high-performance woods. These are the famous manufacturers who produce the best fairway woods:
3. Why Do I Need A Fairway Wood?
A lot of importance is given to the driver because everyone wants to strike longer and straighter shots. But nobody talks about the fairway woods. If you are a beginner golfer, then you can rely on 3-wood because it is an excellent alternative to a driver. If you find it problematic to hit the driver straight or get the ball higher in the air with the driver, use a 3-wood to tee off. When you begin striking hybrid unfailingly off the fairway, add a 5 or 7 wood to your golf bag.
4. Why Is Low “CG” Mandatory For The Best Fairway Woods Ever?
A lower “CG” is essential because it boosts the initial launch with minimal spin. To attain a lower “CG,” creators should move the weight as much as possible from the top and clubface to the sole’s back portion. As a golfer, if it is challenging for you to hit the ball higher, then get a fairway wood with a lower CG. It will improve your performance immensely.
5. What Should Be The Length Of A Fairway Wood?
While buying a fairway wood, pay special attention to its length because it will help you generate an accurate balance of distance, feel, and route. The longer wood shafts will throw off the swing weight and make them feel tremendously light. A shorter wood shaft won’t generate adequate speed to cover maximum distance. In general, the 3-wood shaft’s length is 43 inches. But, it must not be shorter than 42 inches. The size of 5 and 7 woods should be 41 and 40 inches, respectively.
6. Why Golfers Prefer Using Hybrids Than Fairway Woods?
They are easier to hit and are more forgiving, thanks to their excellent construction characteristics. They feature a thick clubhead, and CG is also positioned lower and deeper. Golfers prefer using hybrids than fairway woods because they are skilled at providing mis-hits and getting the ball higher in the air.
7. A Hybrid Or Fairway Wood: What Should I Purchase?
The choice is reliant on the purposes. A golfer can play from the fairway or off the tee with a wood. The wood has the highest loft angle than other clubs present in your bag. When you play against the air, using a fairway wood is a fantastic option. Besides, hybrids are an ideal option for shorter holes and shots because they have a longer carry.
8. How Many Best Fairway Woods Ever Should I Carry In My Golf Bag?
You have to carry a driver and a wood with 13 to 16 loft degrees. You can choose between a hybrid or fairway wood. Whatever you choose, its loft degree should be between 19 to 21. For instance, if you need a long iron, getting a hybrid would be a better idea.
9. Three Wood And Three Hybrid: What Is The Difference?
A three wood is equal to one iron. It is difficult for 99% of golfers to handle one iron; therefore, they should use three wood because it is easier to hit. On the other hand, you can replace a 3-iron with a 3-hybrid. Golfers don’t use 3-irons because they are difficult to hit. The majority of golf iron sets start at 5-iron, so you will have to individually purchase the 3 and 4 hybrids. It is guaranteed that after using the hybrid, you won’t miss using the irons.
10. Should Beginner Golfers Use Fairway Woods?
Yes, they should use the woods because they are one of the most comfortable clubs to utilize. They are lightweight so that they can produce good clubhead speed. The wood’s size makes it more forgiving than a long iron. The lower “CG” helps the novices in getting the ball higher in the air. They are a valuable tool for all golfers.
The Bottom Line
It is needless to say that people are always trying to get their hands on the perfect fairway wood because they don’t want to lose the scores and witness some embarrassment with the shots. But the majority of people aren’t able to make the right choice because they are either starting out as beginners or they don’t have enough information.
For all those people, choosing the fairway wood can be pretty hard. With this article, we have tried to offer the best fairway woods in the market that not only have the reputable brand name but also have zero compromises on the performance, durability, gameplay, and quality. So, just keep your options flexible, and you will be able to make the right choice.