When people start hitting slice off the tee, it’s evident that their shots have seen the path of destruction. However, by choosing the right driver, you will be able to enhance the overall game and get rid of the slice because it destructs the shots. There are some drivers that already have baked-in corrections into the club.
There are adjustable clubs as well that are designed to offer high control over the shots, as well as the flight path. This is the prime reason that drivers have been helpful in getting rid of the slice and correct it out. Many golfers say that driver isn’t the apt choice for fixing the slice, but when you are choosing the right driver, you will be able to see shots on the fairway.
When it comes down to the slice, it happens to be mishits that every golfer dreads because there is nothing terrifying than getting stick to the feel of peeling away the ball to oblivion. In addition, you will be able to do nothing when the ball is stuck in the downsizing. Even more, the golfers can use the banana balls that will help outline the slice buster.
It’s needless to say that there is a wide range of fixes available for the people who want to optimize the fixing of their slices. Among these fixes, one needs to find the right fix that meets and exceeds their expectations based on the variation in skill level. In addition, manufacturers have been working on the drivers that help them add playability to the shots.
If you are struggling with slices as a high handicapper, using the right driver is an apt choice. If you’ve been looking for a driver that helps solve every issue regarding the slice.
This article is the perfect option for you. In this article, we have outlined a wide range of drivers designed by different and top-rated manufacturers for optimal performance. So, have a look!
|Top||Pinemeadow PGX Offset Driver (Men's, Right Hand, Graphite, Regular)||Prime||Check Price on Amazon|
|Cleveland Golf Launcher Turbo Driver 9.0 S RH||Prime||Check Price on Amazon|
|TaylorMade Men's RBZ Black Driver, Black, Left Hand, Stiff Flex, 9.5 Degrees||Prime||Check Price on Amazon|
|TaylorMade Golf M6 D-Type Driver, 10.5 Loft, Right Hand, Regular Flex Shaft: Project X Evenflow Max Carry 45||Prime||Check Price on Amazon|
|Cobra Golf 2019 F-Max Superlite Driver Black-Red (Men's, Right Hand, Graphite, Stiff Flex, 10.5)||Prime||Check Price on Amazon|
|Pinemeadow Golf PGX Offset Driver (Ladies, Right Hand, Graphite, Ladies Flex) Black/Green/White||Prime||Check Price on Amazon|
|Cobra Women's 2018 F-Max Women's Driver Black-Raspberry, Right Hand, Graphite, 15, degrees, Ladies||Prime||Check Price on Amazon|
|2018 Cobra King F8+ Driver Nardo (Men's, Right Hand, Project X HZRDUS Yellow 75, Stiff Flex)||Prime||Check Price on Amazon|
|TOUR EDGE HL-4||Prime||Check Price on Amazon|
|Orlimar Slice Killer 10.5A Men's Senior Flex Golf Driver, Right Hand||Prime||Check Price on Amazon|
1. PGX Offset Golf Driver – Best Driver to Fix Slice
The PGX Offset Golf Driver has a new and improved head design that helps to ensure your shots will find the middle of the fairway time after time. Its 460c clubhead leaves you with an intimidating look at the address, but it doesn’t need to be used just for intimidation.
The solid matte black finish offers sleek lines and superior durability, while the pliable face guarantees a more stable contact on off-center hits. And if you’re worried about those mishits ever again, we’ve got good news!
The large sweet spot increases forgiveness for mis-hits by allowing energy transfer from any point on the ball to propel it down to fairway without hitting too many trees along that journey – like most drivers out there.
For everyone who wants to use this driver, well, you are in luck because it is designed with dual hand orientation. There is a combination of anti-slice technology and off-set technology, so you can cater to the mishits.
The driver has been integrated with the clubhead, sized big enough to enhance the sweet spot. This will increase the forgiveness level. On top of everything, there is a headcover in the drive, which is a great way of protecting the clubhead.
If you are a perfectionist, you can invest in this driver because it has a clean white and green design. However, this information is not enough, so we have given the integration of the following features!
- The driver has been designed with the right-handed and left-handed orientation to make sure it’s an apt choice for high handicappers
- The driver has been inculcated with the offset and anti-slice technology that helps reduce the number of mishits
- The driver has been designed with the 460cc clubhead that is endorsed to provide the top-notch golfing experience
- The clubhead has been designed with a huge sweet spot, which means that that there will be higher forgiveness in the shots
- The diver has been designed with headcover
- The driver has a matte black finish, topped with green and white hues as it’s meant to provide a sleek and clean outlook
- The golfers will be able to optimize the ball squaring at the impact which is the prime reason that this driver is able to provide the straight shots
- The headcover has been integrated to ensure there is higher protection for the clubhead when you put the driver in the golf bag
If you’ve been looking for a driver that’s been designed to help with mishits and lead to straight shots, this driver will be an amazing choice. The driver has a reputable brand name adhered to it, which clearly shows that you’ll have a guarantee when it comes down to acquiring high-performing shots.
2. Cleveland Golf Launcher Turbo Driver – Best Slice Drivers
Your golf game is lit up with the Cleveland Golf Launcher Turbo driver. This badass club has a turbocharged cup face for maximum clubhead speed and power to help you reach new driving distances. With its low center of gravity, your ball will fly straighter too, so enjoy the view on that beautiful drive!
This driver is a suitable choice for everyone because it’s available in right-handed and left-handed orientation to fit everyone’s needs. The driver has a graphite shaft to ensure there are no compromises on the performance rate.
The driver has been integrated with three shaft flex option that promises the perfect level of flexibility for everyone out there. There are three loft configurations, which are an apt way of optimizing angular and arched shots.
The driver is designed with a high COR value that helps increase the distance coverage, and ball speed will increase as well. For better insights into this driver, we have also added the features of this driver in the section below;
- The driver has been designed with right-handed and left-handed orientation, making sure that this driver is an apt choice for everyone out there.
- The driver is integrated with the graphite shaft, which is the prime reason that people will get a higher performance rate.
- As far as the flex is concerned, the driver has been integrated with the stiff, regular, and senior flex, offering a myriad of options for flexibility.
- The driver has been designed with 9 degrees, 10.5 degrees, and 12 degrees loft configuration that helps people make perfect angles.
- The driver has the turbocharged cup face to ensure there is a higher COR value that is designed to increase the distance coverage as well as increasing the ball speed.
- The driver has refined HI bore crown, which tends to reduce the center of gravity, which ensures that the launch conditions are optimally positioned.
- The driver has discretionary mass savings that tend to improve the MOI value, leading to a higher speed.
- There is an ultralight hosel that enhances the forgiveness rate by distributing the launch into a low and deep ditch.
- The driver has internal as well as external weight reduction.
- The center of gravity is positioned higher towards the grip that helps to add the head mass.
For everyone who has been looking for a perfect driver out there, this is the right option. In addition to being the branded product, this driver is a name for excellence. The golfers will be able to cover higher distances without compromising on the forgiveness of the shots.
3. TaylorMade Men’s RBZ Black Driver, Black
The driver is designed with regular as well as stiff flex options that help enhance the flexibility of the shots. The driver is inculcated with two loft configurations available, so there is a proper angle in the shots.
This driver is designed with dual hand orientation, so there are higher accessibility and availability for every golfer. There is a graphite shaft construction in the driver to ensure there is higher durability.
The TaylorMade Men’s RBZ driver is groundbreaking in both technology and design. There has never been a better time to strike the round post with cooling channels built to reduce the weight for more energy transfer.
The Spin rates of that driver can be customized by adjusting five different settings on your clubface. This driver is super lightweight with premium matrix white tie 55 shafts, packed away in the black matte finish carrying bag.
There is a huge titanium core in the drive that optimizes the launch and trajectory. The features of this TaylorMade driver have been added below;
- The driver has been designed with the left-handed and right-handed orientation to ensure that you are able to make shots in the right way.
- The driver has been designed with the matrix 45 x 4 white tie graphite to ensure there is no compromise on the durability.
- The driver has a regular and stiff flex to ensure there is optimal flexibility in the shots, as the golfers want
- This TaylorMade driver has been designed with 9.5 and 10.5 degrees loft configuration to ensure there is an optimal angle in the shots.
- The driver has been integrated with the huge 460cc titanium head, topped with the adjustable loft sleeve that is apt to optimize the trajectory of the shots as well as the launch.
- The driver has been designed with an ultra-lite titanium core that is strategically positioned that helps control the trajectory and optimize higher launch as well.
- The driver has been designed to offer maximum distance coverage, and the overall feel of the shots will be smooth.
- The driver has a legendary speed pocket that’s designed to lower the spin rate, and the launch rate will be higher, which is the name for better distance coverage.
- The driver is designed with the new satin black finish. That’s the name for better alignment of the shots.
For everyone who has been looking for a branded and well-reputed driver, this TaylorMade driver will be the perfect option. The driver is designed to optimize maximum distance coverage, launch trajectory, and launch rate, and every golfer will be able to outline the top-notch gaming experience with this driver.
4. TaylorMade Golf M6 D-Type Driver (460cc)
The TaylorMade M6 D-Type has it all. By combining a 460cc clubhead with our revolutionary new face curvature, the M6 provides optimized COR results for increased ball speed.
These advancements are coupled with an elegant color palette and sleek contour to maximize your straight drive distance. The TaylorMade Golf M6 D-Type Driver delivers unmatched performance that packs a punch on any course to take your game into elite territory!
There are four flex options available for the just-right flexibility in the shots in this driver.
To ensure zero compromises on the loft angle, the driver is designed with three different loft angles. The drive has been injected with a speed injection that helps optimize the COR value. The tipping point is that you won’t have to struggle with off-center hits.
The sidespin will be reduced, and the distance covered will be higher. So, have a look at the features before you make up your mind to start living the shots with this driver!
- This TaylorMade driver has been integrated with the left-handed and right-handed that makes sure that you can play the right shots
- The driver has a shaft, and there are multiple material options out there, inclusive of Fujikura Atmos Black and Fujikura Atmos Orange to ensure there is something for people of every preference
- There are regular, stiff, extra stiff, and senior flex options out there that help people make shots that meet their golfing needs
- The driver has been integrated with loft angles of 9 degrees, 10.5 degrees, and 12 degrees
- The driver has been integrated with the speed injection, in addition to tuning resin that helps optimize the COR value all across the face
- The ball speed will be increased, and the distance covered is top-notch with this driver
- There is a revolutionary new face curvature in the driver, along with the corrective face angle to ensure there are no off-center hits
- There are straight shots with this driver, and the sidespin will be reduced
- The driver has been inculcated with the aerodynamic carbon sole design topped with inertia generator leading to higher clubhead speed while ensuring higher distance coverage
- There is a hammerhead slot in this driver, along with the twisted face that leads to a huge sweet spot because it enhances the forgiveness level
- The ball speed will be preserved when it comes to the off-center hits
Every golfer wants to make sure that they have the perfect driver out there, and in this quest, you will come across an increased number of options. However, this TaylorMade driver will outshine it all. However, it might cost higher because it’s a reputable brand, but to be honest, the performance will be top-notch, so each penny will be worth it.
5. Cobra Golf Men’s 2019 F-Max Superlite Offset Driver
The Cobra Golf Men’s 2019 F-Max Superlite Driver was built for golfers who value forgiveness, don’t need to work the ball much, and are looking for a driver that not only looks amazing but is specced with premium technologies.
It features Forged E9 face technology, which maximizes energy transfer into the ball resulting in longer carry distance on average shots. The ultra-forgiving construction will make you feel at home out of rough or trees, while the crown alignment virtually eliminates mishits yet still gives good ball flight height.
The driver is designed with senior and regular flex options for optimal flexibility in the shots. Cobra has designed this driver with three different loft configurations that integrate optimized shots.
Constantly striving to give its players peace of mind off the tee box has always been Cobra’s number one priority – this driver delivers!
- The driver has been designed with the right-hand orientation to make sure that right-handed golfers can make the shots
- The driver has been designed with a graphite shaft to ensure there are higher durability and performance
- The manufacturers have designed with regular and senior flex to ensure golfers are able to add flexibility in the shots
- This Cobra driver has been designed with 9.5 degrees, 10.5 degrees, and 11.5 degrees loft configurations to make sure there is optimality in the shots
- The driver is pretty lightweight, given the weight-saving performance which will be streamlined through the light clubhead, light shaft, and the lighter grip
- The driver has been inculcated with the forged E9 face technology in the titanium material that is designed to offer higher distance coverage, and ball speed will enhance
- The driver has a back/heel weighting topped with the internal weight pad that is designed to optimize straight shots, without compromising on the launch of the shots
- The driver has a crown alignment features, accrediting to the subtle crown alignment which captivating details when it comes to the visuals
- The golfers will be able to upscale their shots with this driver
- There are an offset and straight neck options in the driver that will ensure there is maximum draw bias in the game
- The straight neck design has been added for the people who want to pose a traditional outlook
If you are a right-handed golfer and want to make straight and high-distance coverage shots, this Cobra driver is an amazing choice for you. The best part is the offset design, empowering the players who like to make offset shots without compromising on the quality of shots even if you are the high handicapper who struggles with slices and mishits.
6. PGX Offset Driver (Ladies, Right Hand, Graphite, Ladies Flex)
The Pinemeadow Little Black Box driver is a new take on a classic design. The matte finish and square face make this club easy to grip for slower or older players, plus it can cut through the wind when your swing gets a little long.
This 460cc head with Ladies Flex is easier to hit from any distance because of its wider face design, giving you more control in your shots even if you have never picked up a golf club before!
The graphite makeup makes it light but durable so that you don’t have to worry about carrying too much weight around out there during 18 holes. It’s also good for beginners who want an instruction book rather than just spending their time trying to figure things out themselves.
On top of everything, there is a headcover involved in the driver, so your driver’s head remains safe from damage. Also, the additional features have been added below;
- The driver has been designed with the offset features that are optimal for squaring up the ball at impact.
- The golfers will be able to make straight shots with this driver.
- There are offset technology in this driver, which is the prime reason that there will be long and straight shots.
- The driver has been designed with the matte black finish, topped with white and green hues to ensure there is a sleek and clean outlook.
- The driver has been integrated with a huge 460cc titanium driver, leading to a huge sweet spot.
- The huge sweet spot will help release a higher forgiveness level, and it’s apt for high handicappers who want to optimize the shots and reduce the mishits.
- The driver has been designed with the headcover to ensure the clubhead is safe and protected when you aren’t using it.
There are many golfers with high handicapper tags, and they struggle with the slices and mishits. However, this can be optimized by choosing the right driver. So, if you’ve been looking for a driver that helps outline the right shots, this will be an amazing option because it has everything one needs to make the right shots.
7. Cobra Women’s 2018 F-Max Offset Driver – best driver to fix a slice
The Cobra Ladies’ F-Max SN Driver is made for golfers who need speed but with some forgiveness. The offset design of this driver increases clubhead speed and makes it easier to square up shots when you’re on the green.
Weighing in at 290g (without an alignment rod), it’s light enough that you’ll feel like you can swing through more of your shot, and for more flexibility of the shots, the driver is designed with ladies flex.
This game-changing driver is forged with titanium 6-4 faces with 600 localized dimple technology (ALDC) designed to give our female athletes maximum loft, increased ball dynamics, and ultimate launch conditions according to their specs at impact — all while maintaining performance consistency in every club.
In the section below, we have outlined the features of this driver, so have a look!
- The driver has been designed with the right-hand orientation, so if you are the right-handed female golfer, this driver is an apt choice for you
- The driver has been designed with the graphite shaft to ensure it is lightweight and golfers are able to make right shots with it
- The driver has been added with the ladies flex, promising that flexibility is top-notch with this driver
- There are 15 degrees loft configuration in this driver to ensure you are able to make the right launch angle
- The driver has been designed with the offset design-in offset hosel to ensure there is a higher launch angle, leading to accurate and straight shots
- The driver has been designed with the ultralight shafts that help in promoting better clubhead speed
- The golfers will be able to cover high distance even if you are playing the slow swing speed
- There is back weight positioned in this driver near the heel which is responsible for increasing the forgiveness level
- There are straight shots and drives in this driver
- The driver has been integrated with the crown alignment feature that’s helpful in aligning the clubhead to make sure you are making straight shots off the tee
- There are forged titanium 6-4 titanium face in this driver that helps to increase the speed, and the distance coverage with off-center hits will improve
For everyone who has been looking for the top-notch and perfect driver out there, this is the perfect option out there. This driver has been designed to increase the clubhead speed, and the distance covered will be exceptional as well. So, invest in this driver, and you will never regret this choice!
8. Cobra Golf Men’s King F8 Driver – Best Driver to Fix Slice
This F8 driver will be an apt choice for every high handicapper who struggles with slices. The driver is available in dual hand orientation, so everyone can make shots with this driver.
Your swing metrics are mapped on your pro stack minder with My Fly 8 and Smart Pad, while the CNC milled driver with 360 Aero-Innovative Polymer technology delivers more forgiveness and distance no matter what type of drive you use.
Throw away when you feel like you need to tailor your nine profiles because now there’s no such thing with the adjustable CG-2 configuration with nine different settings for optimal launch conditions based on player preference or course setup.
You can gain insights about this driver by looking at the features below!
- The driver has been designed with nardo grey colour to ensure you are able to make an impact in the golf court with this captivating driver
- The driver has been designed with the right-handed and left-handed orientation to make sure that you are able to make shots easily
- The driver has been designed with different shaft material, such as Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 60 and MRC Tensei Blue 50
- The driver has been designed with lite, regular, and stiff flex options to ensure there is optimal flexibility in the shots
- There is a precision milled face that has a CNC-milled construction that’s responsible for providing the thin and precise shots
- The driver has been integrated with the polymer aero trips to ensure there is optimal drag reduction, leading to maximum clubhead speed as well
- There is a lightweight 5-ply carbon fiber crown in this driver that helps in moving the weight, so it lowers and deepens the center of gravity
- The driver is designed to produce higher trajectories and not to forget; the forgiveness level will be improved
- There is the center of gravity position in the heel and back to ensure that golfers are able to play two different shots with one driver
- The driver has an adjustable loft setting in it to ensure you can easily manage the trajectories
- The driver is designed to help fine-tune the launch conditions that help maximize the distance coverage
For everyone who has been looking for a driver that has zero compromises on the performance and distance coverage, this is the apt choice. This driver has been integrated with everything a golfer can ever demand as the high handicapper who struggles with slices and mishits.
9. Tour Edge Golf- Hot Launch HL3 Driver – best driver to fix the slice
Tour Edge’s Hot Launch is a great option for right-handed golfers who want to fix the slice issue in their shots. The driver is a combination of three flex shafts, promising an optimal level of flexibility in the shots.
Tour Edge’s Hot Launch 4 driver has an insane amount of power channeling lip, which ensures the ball continues to travel straight, and its deep cup face design decreases launch angle for more distance since you’ll be hitting down on the ball with each swing, giving off a hot sound effect when swung.
The titanium club head of this driver is designed to maximize the ball speed. There are no compromises on performance, and off-center hits will be taken care of.
On top of everything, the ball speed will be amplified. If you want more insights about this driver, we have outlined all the features of the driver in the section below!
- The driver has been designed with a right-hand orientation to make sure that right-handed high handicappers will be able to make the shots
- The driver has been designed with the graphite shafts that aren’t only lightweight but optimize the performance as well
- The driver has been designed with regular, stiff, and senior flex to ensure there is optimal flexibility for every golfer our there
- The driver is offered with 9 degrees and 10.5 degrees loft configuration
- The driver has been inculcated with the forged titanium clubhead that’s been promised to maximize the ball speed while playing shots off the tee
- There is a variable face thickness technology to ensure there is an improvement in performance even if you are playing the off-center hits
- The driver has a power channel behind the face that will amplify the ball speed
- The driver has a higher forgiveness rate
- The driver has been added with a sole rear weight that pushes back the center of gravity to ensure there are long and high-flying shots
There are many people who are constantly worried about their shots, and they want to make sure that they are working on the top-notch shots that lead to maximum ball speed and improved forgiveness level. So, this driver will be the perfect choice for everyone out there. With all such features, the price factor is a little higher, but it is worth each penny.
10. Orlimar Men’s Slice Killer Golf Driver
If you’ve been looking for the driver that helps you make long and straight shots, Orlimar has cranked up the notch with this driver.
This driver has been designed with the right-handed orientation for the rightie golfers out there. The driver has regular, senior, and ladies flex options for better flexibility in the shots.
The Tour Edge Hot Launch 4 driver is slightly less offset for the low spin off the tee or when working the ball. The 460cc head produces a hotter, Lower trajectory with performance-optimized design features like an ultra-light shaft and titanium construction. It promotes better accuracy on both competitive courses and tight fairways.
Orlimar has added the graphite shaft in this driver to ensure there is higher longevity. The driver is integrated with the low center of gravity, so you can make accurate shots, and there is higher control over the shots.
The driver has been designed with a shallow face height that promises accurate shots. So, if you want to know the features, we have added them all in the section below, so you can read them before investing in them for a better decision!
- This driver has a right-hand orientation.
- When it comes down to the flex, there are multiple options, such as ladies, regular, and senior.
- There are seven configurations available in this driver.
- The shaft has been designed with a graphite material, which offers a long life of the club.
- The clubs have a low center of gravity, which helps control the shots and also adds accuracy to the shots.
- There is a shallow face height in the driver to ensure the golfers are able to make accurate and dense shots.
- The shaft has been constructed with Superlite 60-graphite.
- There is a custom velvet in the grip which makes it very comfortable to use
There are always two types of people; right-handed and left-handed people. So, if you are the right-handed golfer who isn’t afraid to try new brands and drivers, this will become the ultimate option. The brand name might be new in the market, but we assure you that there are no compromises on the performance and quality as they have integrated everything one needs to extract top-notch performance.
Buying Guide – Best Driver To Fix Slice
Golf is the most amazing and interactive sport out there, and people have been playing this game for a long time now. There was a time when only the elite people used to make the shots in the golf court, but the trends have changed.
This is because an increasing number of people have started playing golf because they have become aware of the health benefits adhered to it.
But when it comes down to hitting the golf court, one needs to ensure that they are choosing the right drivers.
So, if you’ve been trying to optimize the perfect shots in the golf court, you need to make the right choice for drivers. While buying the driver, you need to consider some factors that help make the right choice.
In this buying guide, we have added all the essential and key factors that have been designed to ensure there is high performance in the shots and the slices are fixed easily.
By considering these factors, you will get your hands on the best driver to fix slice for the high handicapper. So, if you happen to be the high handicapper, keep reading!
There was a time when strict and stiff woods and drivers were alright with the golfers. However, the trends have changed, and people are looking for adjustable features. The adjustability features are essential because it helps golfers make and shape the shots optimally.
The driver needs to provide better performance in terms of distance coverage and accuracy in the shots. So, you need to choose the driver that has adjustable features, so you can make shots off the tee and fix the slices.
When it comes down to choosing the driver, you need to understand the fact that the right design of drivers will help align the shots. For instance, you can choose the offset design in the driver as it’s helpful in aligning the shots, and also, it helps in making the targeted shots. The golfers will be able to gain height and higher distance coverage with the right design of the driver.
While choosing the driver, you need to choose the drivers that have a higher forgiveness level because that’s the only way you will be able to make the off-center hits. The right forgiveness level is helpful in optimizing the launch angle while reducing the sidespin. This way, the golfers will be able to keep the ball on the fairway and match the targets.
There are many golfers who don’t pay heed to the feel, which happens to be the biggest mistake that one can make. By feel, it means that how the driver is responding to the command of the golfer. For instance, the feel will directly impact the immediate feedback of the shots. In addition, it will impact the first impression of the shots.
There are multiple ways of how the loft works. Firstly, you can take the adjustable loft sleeve because it lowers and extends the loft of the clubs. If you struggle with a slice, the lower ball shots will be better. This is because it will reduce the sidespin because it can impact the damage. Secondly, you can choose the loft degree as it helps in carrying a higher distance.
If you are the high handicapper who has been struggling with the slice, you need to opt for the driver with the slightly toed face because it’s the simplest yet the most effective option. This is because the slight toe face will help with the swing as well (yes, it will be a positive impact!)
When we are talking about the offset design, you will see that the clubface is behind the shaft line. This design will ensure that you get some time for transiting the ball to the shaft in optimal time; the face will rotate and leaves the shots open. In addition, the tip to flex impact will be higher, which will result in higher face rotation. It will help in reducing the openness of the clubface.
Driver Weight Distribution
In recent years, the drivers with moveable weights have become integral, which means that golfers will be able to adjust the central mass of the driver. The weight can be moved forward or pushed back to the toe or heel.
If you want to fix the slice, you need to have a higher mass towards the heel. This is because the face rotation will enhance with downsizing, and the clubface squaring will be optimal as well.
Driver Shaft Flex
The golfers have always been saying that open clubface and slice are primarily caused by the flexible shafts. However, this is completely untrue because the flexible shaft will lead to better deflection. With this notion, the clubface will close up, leading to anti-slicing.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What Is A Slice In Golf?
A slice is a golf shot that drives from left to right (for right-handed players) in an extreme way. You can play it intentionally, but normally, it is the consequence of a mishit. It is the most common issue of high handicappers.
The slice shot’s shape varies from left to right-handed people. If you are a right-hander, your shot will curve to the right, but your shot will go to the left if you are a left-hander. Some golfers strike tall and sweeping slice that is influenced by the wind and other weather conditions.
2. What Are The Reasons For Slicing?
When the clubface is in an open position at impact, it causes a sliced shot. Swing or setup problems can cause the face to open. Sometimes, the outside to inside swing direction also opens the face by sponging across the ball, conveying slice spin. These are the fundamental reasons for slicing.
3. Why Do Golfers Slice Their Drivers But Not Their Irons?
Some players face issues striking a slice with their driver because of the loft of the clubface. You can easily impart sidespin on the ball with a shallow lie angle and produce an ugly slice.
On the other hand, irons are equipped with higher lofts, and the club’s structure offers more forgiveness to keep the clubface neutral at impact. Another major cause of the drivers’ slice easily is the club shaft’s length.
A longer shaft returns the driver’s face to an open position. However, the irons have a shorter shaft, so they easily return to the square and make it easier to strike straight shots.
4. What Part Of My Swing Produces A Slice?
As we mentioned above that the club face’s open position at impact is your biggest rival. You will have to improve your swing route at some point. Make sure you have the right golf grip.
5. What Is The Sweet Spot On The Driver?
All drivers flaunt a median point on their faces where they transmit as much energy as possible to the ball. This one single median point is called the “sweet spot.” The latest drivers are designed with an intention to lower rotation when hitting off-center.
Brands claim that these drivers have a larger sweet spot, but it is not true. Of course, they rotate less, which is mandatory for distance and precision.
6. Can I Reduce Slicing By Adding Extra Weight To My Driver?
If you want to close the clubface, you can add extra weight to your driver. However, keep in mind that the added weight will significantly impact the swing speed, and the driver’s head will also feel heavy. The difference between a professional tour driver and a lightweight senior driver is 25 to 30g.
The heavier shaft makes the club heavier. If you add only 5g of extra weight on the clubhead, it will dramatically influence the swing weight. We advise you to buy a driver that suits your game instead of adding extra weight.
7. Is It A Good Idea To Utilize A Draw-Bias Driver To Reduce My Slice?
These drivers are deliberated to close the clubface at impact. They achieve this goal by shifting the “CG,” including offset, and altering the face direction. They also have a large sweet spot.
When you strike near or on the sweet spot, these characteristics will have a perceptible impact. However, when you miss the driver’s center, some design traits will become less effective at correcting your slice.
It is viable to make five to fifteen yards improvements in the slice by hitting the draw-bias driver properly.
8. What Should I Look For In A Driver If I Want To Correct My Slice?
- Flexible shaft
- Added mass in the heel
- One to two degrees closed
- 10.5 to 14 degrees of loft
9. Is It Necessary To Work On My Swing If I Have A Draw-Bias Driver?
It is your personal choice. If you play occasionally and are gratified, you can use the draw-bias driver to reduce your slice. However, if you are willing to develop your game, you should improve your swing.
10. What Is The Best Driver To Fix A Slice?
Pinemeadow PGX Offset Driver and Cleveland Golf Launcher Turbo Driver are the best drivers that offer outstanding money value.
11. What are the reasons for a slice?
Every golfer wonders about the reason for the slice, and it is usually caused by the open clubface. In addition, if people tend to make swing shots to the left and the downswing shots on the shoulders will lead to slices as well.
12. Is Slice More Common with a Driver than an Iron?
When you start hitting the shots with a driver, the long clubs tend to have a minimal loft, and when the swing is dropped, the slice can occur. In other words, once the clubhead of the driver lags, the slice will be created on the impact. On the other hand, short shafts are better because they optimize the direction of the golf ball.
13. Can draw drivers actually correct the slice?
If you want a direct answer, using the draw drivers is a great way of eliminating slices from the shits. The draw drivers are perfect for eliminating the sidespin, which is usually the prime reason for the slice. In addition, the draw driver adds a corrective side spin that enhances the accuracy of the shots.
14. Is adjustable weight suitable to fix the slice?
When it comes down to the drivers, there are stationary and adjustable corrective drivers in the golfing world. The stationary drivers are suitable for people who need a standard configuration. On the other hand, golfers can adjust the weights on the sole with adjustable drivers, promising better height and shape of the shots.
The Bottom Line:
Slice is one of the most frustrating problems for golfers. Many different factors can cause it, and it’s hard to fix with just a few swings on the range. But we’ve found some drivers that will help you get your ball out where you want it, even if you’re hitting from an awkward position or off-balance.
We’ve compiled this list of our favorite golf clubs for players who need to correct their swing path or want more control over where they hit the ball. Which driver do you think would best suit your needs?
With this article, you will be able to find yourself an apt driver that helps in covering higher distances and cutting off the slices. With the buying guide, you will be able to make an informed choice. So, read through this article and find yourself the perfect driver!