If you’re a new golfer and looking to improve your game and want to get the most out of your game, this blog is for you. I’m going to talk about the best golf driver for beginners.
The golf drivers are designed with a large head, and it has become the most integral part of the game. If you opt for the top drivers, they tend to be big and long but can be pretty expensive as well.
This is probably the biggest reason that choosing the right driver is such a daunting task for beginners and novice players. The drivers are designed to provide higher distance coverage more accurately.
There are many options, but we narrowed it down to our top 15! All three drivers have different features that will suit your personal needs and help to improve your game. We also included some reviews from people who bought these drivers so that you can see what they had to say!
For instance, the drivers have a higher potential to improve the game. So, if you are ready to start golfing, this article will help you find out the best golf driver for beginners. All the drivers have been chosen to ensure top-notch results for you. So, stay tuned!
List of Best Golf Driver For Beginners
|Top||TaylorMade Men's RBZ Black Driver, Black, Right Hand, Stiff Flex, 10.5 Degrees||Prime||Check Price on Amazon|
|Pinemeadow Golf PGX Offset Driver, Left Hand||Prime||Check Price on Amazon|
|TaylorMade Golf M2 Driver 10.5 Loft Left Hand Regular Flex||Prime||Check Price on Amazon|
|TaylorMade Golf M6 Driver, 10.5 Loft, Left Hand, Regular Flex Shaft: Fujikura Atmos Black||Prime||Check Price on Amazon|
|Orlimar Golf ATS Junior Boy's Lime/Blue Golf Driver (Right Hand Ages 3-5)||Prime||Check Price on Amazon|
|TaylorMade Golf M6 Driver, 10.5 Loft, Right Hand, Regular Flex Shaft: Fujikura Atmos Orange, Large||Prime||Check Price on Amazon|
|TaylorMade Golf M2 Driver 9.5 Loft Right Hand Stiff Flex, Chrome, Large||Prime||Check Price on Amazon|
|TaylorMade Golf M6 D-Type Driver, 10.5 Loft, Right Hand, Regular Flex Shaft: Project X Evenflow Max Carry 45||Prime||Check Price on Amazon|
|Callaway Golf 2020 Mavrik Max Driver (Left Hand , Aldila Rogue White 70G, Women's, 12 Degree)||Prime||Check Price on Amazon|
|Cobra Golf 2019 F9 Speedback Driver Black-Yellow (Men's Left Hand Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec Black 7 Stiff Flex 9.0)||Prime||Check Price on Amazon|
|Callaway Golf 2019 Epic Flash Driver, Right Hand, Project X Even Flow Green, 50G, Regular Flex, 10.5 Degrees||Prime||Check Price on Amazon|
|Intech Golf Illegal Non-Conforming Extra Long Distance Oversized Behemoth 520cc Driver||Prime||Check Price on Amazon|
|TaylorMade SIM MAX Driver, Fujikura Ventus Blue 6 Shaft, 10.5 Degree Loft, Right Hand, X-Stiff Flex||Prime||Check Price on Amazon|
|Cobra Golf 2019 F9 Speedback Driver Satin Black-Avalanche (Men's, Right Hand, Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec Blue 6, Reg Flex, 9.0)||Prime||Check Price on Amazon|
|Callaway Golf 2019 Epic Flash Driver, Right Hand, Project X Even Flow Green, 40G, Light Flex, 12.0 Degrees||Prime||Check Price on Amazon|
1. TaylorMade Men’s RBZ Black Driver, Black
This TaylorMade RBZ Black Driver is an apt choice. To meet the needs of every golfer, this driver is available in dual-hand orientation. The 460cc titanium head ensures surface compression for a long and powerful distance, with high launch and low spin giving you incredible control.
TaylorMade has coined its name in the market, and to ensure the right shots, there are two loft configurations available. It is evident that beginner golfers struggle with mishits, and to take care of this issue, this driver has a huge titanium head. In addition, the loft sleeve is adjustable for better performance.
With this black driver, you will be able to ensure an effective outlook in the golf course, while promising the highest standards of launch optimization and control. In the section below, we have added in-depth information about the driver!
- This driver is available in the left-handed and right-handed orientation to ensure that ever beginner can play with it.
- The driver has been designed with a regular and stiff flex, promising everyone would be able to enjoy the flex options.
- The driver has been constructed with a top-notch shaft, designed from matrix 45 x 4 white tie graphite, which is synonymous with quality.
- The driver is available in two different configurations, such as 9.5 degrees and 10.5 degrees.
- The driver has been integrated with a huge 460cc titanium head with the adjustable loft sleeve.
- The integration and construction of this driver will lead to the optimal trajectory and optimized launch of the shots.
- The driver has been integrated with the ultra-lite titanium, which is strategically positioned to ensure there is higher control over the trajectory of the shots.
- The golfers will be able to make high launching shots.
- There are premium matrix white tie 55 shafts that are designed to offer smooth feel in the shots without compromising on the maximum distance coverage.
- The driver has been designed with the legendary speed pocket to ensure reduced spin, higher distance coverage, and higher launch.
- The driver has a black satin finish with highly sophisticated details to ensure it is well-aligned
If you have been looking for a driver that will help you optimize your shots and make them smoother, this TaylorMade driver will be the optimal choice because it has everything a beginner will need to optimize their shots.
2. PGX Offset Golf Driver
PGX is the brainchild of Pinemeadow, and they have cranked up the notch of golf shots with this driver. For every beginner golfer, this is an amazing choice. However, to harness the benefits of this driver, you need to be a leftie.
The offset anti-slice technology in this driver will straighten any slice without taking away from off-center hits, so you never have to worry again! The 460cc clubhead has a lightweight design with a huge sweet spot.
This offset golf driver has a huge titanium head that enhances the forgiveness level. However, the head is a basic component to make effective shots because it comes in contact with the ball. So, to protect the driver’s head, the packages come with a headcover.
As for the features, we have added essential information in the section below!
- The driver is available in a left-handed orientation which means that only the leftie beginners can play the golf shots with it
- The driver has been integrated with the offset anti-slice technology which will help you cut and slack the shots just right
- The golfers will be able to make the shots from soft land with this driver
- The driver has been integrated with a 460cc titanium that is designed to optimize the shots and increase the forgiveness level
- The driver comes with a headcover which is responsible for protecting the clubhead from damage when you aren’t playing with it
- The driver is available with an economical price factor to ensure that beginners can enjoy the golf without worrying about money
- The driver will help the golfers make strong and strengthened shots
- The center of gravity is pretty low which will hook the golfers to the game
- The golfers will be able to make straight shots
For everyone who has been trying to kick start their golfing career, choosing the driver is an essential matter. If you’ve been on a similar quest, this driver will help you make straight and strong shots without compromising on forgiveness. However, only the left-handed golfers can make the shots with this driver!
3. TaylorMade Golf M2 Driver
This driver is suitable for everyone because it comes with a dual hand orientation, so there are no compromises on the availability. The driver is inculcated with stiff and regular shafts, which promises you don’t impact the quality of shots.
With adjustable front body weight and Geocoustic technology, the M2 driver gives golfers more control of their ball like never before. The Deep more active speed pocket concentrates energy for longer drives through players’ most consistent impact areas.
As beginners tend to struggle with shots and mishit, the driver has a steel shaft, which makes this driver an economical and forgiving option. There are two loft angles in the driver for better performance and angles of the shots.
The best thing about this driver is the lower center of gravity that promises higher precision. Even more, you will have multi-material construction for better performance.
Let’s explore some advanced features of this product.
- This TaylorMade driver has been designed for the right-handed and left-handed people alike, so everyone can enjoy the amazing gameplay experience
- The driver has been integrated with the regular and stiff shaft to ensure that you are able to make right shots, depending on the shaft values
- The driver has been integrated with the steel shaft which tends to be highly forgiving
- The driver has been designed with two loft angles, such as 9.5 degrees and 10.5 degrees
- The drive is integrated with the multilateral construction which is designed to lower the center of gravity
- The golfers will be able to save the weight and make weighted shots
- The driver has been integrated with the geocoustic technology, which tends to enhance the feel and sound of the shots
- The driver has a more active and deep speed pocket that will increase the flex
- There are high forgiveness levels with this diver
- The driver has been designed with an FF2FF precision process that is promised to add accuracy and precision in the shots
- The golfers will be able to improve the distance coverage with the shots
- There are high launch and lower spin rate in the shots designed with this driver
For everyone who has a knack for golf, they need to use the perfect driver that has been designed with beneficial features. All in all, there are no cons to the driver, and you will be able to make perfect shots with this driver!
4. TaylorMade M6 Driver (460cc)
Being in the world of sports seems just like a charm, but when you actually hit the field to make the shots, you will need to be ready for it. You need to have enough training and the right equipment because it will directly impact the quality of the shots and moves.
Be it cricket or basketball, choosing the right bat or ball, respectively, will optimize the gameplay experience. In the same vein, you will need to choose the right equipment for golf.
When you are trying to hit the golf court, you need to choose the right clubs and irons because that’s how you are going to make the shots. As a beginner, you need to use the right driver because it will help optimize the shots and cover higher distances.
While choosing the driver, you need to choose the right brand as there are multiple options out there. So, TaylorMade is one such brand with a name for excellence and durability. We have added the features in the section below as well!
- The driver has been integrated with the right-handed and left-handed golfers, promising that every beginner can play their shots
- The driver has been inculcated with Fujikura atmos black to ensure it looks amazing and makes the right shots as well
- The driver has been designed with multiple flex options, such as regular, stiff, extra stiff, and senior to meet the diverse needs of the players
- The developers have made sure to think about every golfer out there because there are three different configurations available, such as 9 degrees, 10.5 degrees, and 12 degrees
- The driver has become the epitome of speed because the head has been injected with the tuning resin
- The COR is pretty optimized across the face, and the golfers will be able to maximize the distance coverage and ball speed
- There is revolutionary new face curvature in the driver, topped with a face angle that is designed to reduce the side spinning
- The players will be able to make straight shots and off-center hits as well
- The driver has been integrated with an aerodynamic carbon sole design, which is added to increase the speed of the clubhead
- The driver is designed to cover more distance and make farther shots
- There is a hammerhead slot in the driver which increase the sweet spot, leading to preserved ball speed and higher forgiveness
Whenever someone has to buy new equipment in golf, they need to ensure that they have enough money because the golfing equipment can be pretty expensive. Similarly, this driver can be a dent in the pocket as well, but as far as the performance is concerned, there are no drawbacks.
5. Orlimar Golf ATS Junior Boy’s Individual Golf Clubs
With each passing day, parents have become aware of the importance of physical activities for kids. This is why the number of kids on the golf course is increasing, but they need to be equipped with the right golf driver. Using a golf driver plays an important role in optimizing the standard shots for juniors.
So, this Orlimar golf club set is an apt choice, and your kids will have everything they need to make the shots. This golf club set is designed with the putter and wedge to ensure correct shots.
The driver is suitable for kids aged up to five years old. In addition, there is a flexible composite shaft for every junior golfer who needs to enhance the performance. On top of everything, there is a soft rubber grip and has a standard size which fits your kid’s hand.
There is a headcover in the set to keep the clubhead safe. However, as your kids grow, this club set will become useless. As for the features, we have designed the specialized feature section below!
- This driver is available in the set as well, and if you want to access a complete set, Orlimar has designed the putter and wedge as well
- The driver is suitable for the kids who are aged from three years old to five years old
- The driver is 29-inch long which makes it suitable for the kids heightened around three feet and eight inches
- The driver has been integrated with the flexible composite shaft for better performance
- The driver has been integrated with a soft rubber grip that matches the softness of the kid’s hands and makes them have a proper grip on the driver
- The driver has been included with a headcover to ensure that the clubhead remains safe from the damage
Being a parent of a kid is very difficult and challenging because you have to think about every possible impact of an activity on them. This is why you need to choose the right driver for the kids because they need to make sure that they are learning the right shots.
However, the number of manufacturers offering kid’s drivers is very limited. However, Orlimar has topped up the excellence with this driver, and the kids will be able to optimize the shots and shape of the shots.
6. TaylorMade M6 Driver (460cc)
TaylorMade is the top golf equipment manufacturing company out there, and if you’ve been looking for a suitable driver for your beginner needs, this M6 driver is an apt choice.
This driver is designed with right-handed and left-handed orientation, which promises that every beginner can make the shots. The driver is available in black and orange colors to ensure your needs are being catered and match your other clubs and irons.
When it comes down to this TaylorMade M6 driver, it has been integrated with four different flex options, promising perfect angle and flexibility in the shots. The river is designed with three loft configurations for beginners who need perfect shots.
There is a tuning resin injection in the driver’s head, which makes this driver suitable for golfers who need to work at a higher speed. The driver will help golfers cover a higher distance while taking care of the off-center hits. For providing insights, we have added information about driver features in the section below!
- The driver has been added with a right-hand and left-hand orientation to make sure that every golfer can play the game
- The drive has been made available with Fujikura atmos orange and Fujikura atmos black to meet the diverse user’s preferences
- The driver has been integrated with the regular, stiff, extra stiff, and senior flex that helps optimize the shots
- This TaylorMade driver is available with three different configurations, such as 9 degrees, 10.5 degrees, and 12 degrees
- The driver’s head has been integrated with a tuning resin that has promised to optimize the shots and COR across the face
- The golfers will be able to maximize the ball speed with this driver
- This M6 driver has been made to cover a higher distance
- The driver has been integrated with the new face curvature and face angle which will make golfers make off-center shits
- The spin speed will be reduced which means that golfers will be able to make straight shots
- The driver has been integrated with an aerodynamic carbon sole design that enhances the clubhead speed and covers higher distance as well
- The driver has a huge sweet spot that will help add more forgiveness in the shots
If you have been looking for an optimal driver that helps you make long and straight shots, you will need to choose the right driver, and this TaylorMade driver is an amazing option for everyone. However, it is pretty heavy in weight, so you might need to consider that before investing in it!
7. TaylorMade M2 Men’s Driver 460cc
After a long round of golf, you need something to help propel your game forward. The TaylorMade M6 driver in 460cc is a competition-worthy club that will make it easy to catapult over any bump or slope without missing your tempo.
This speed injection feature has a new aerodynamic carbon sole design. The Hammerhead technology of this driver creates ever-changing face angles at an unparalleled level by reducing short shanks in all conditions while doubling as the greatest shock absorber on earth!
TaylorMade is designed a wide range of drivers and golf irons to meet the needs of the users. This driver is an amazing option and has been integrated with a wide range of features that we have added in the section below;
- The driver has been constructed in the right-hand and left-hand orientation to ensure that golfers are able to make the right shots according to their playing orientation.
- The driver has been integrated with a graphite shaft because it tends to be lightweight and highly durable as well.
- The driver has been integrated with regular, senior, and stiff flex to ensure that there is something for everyone out there.
- The driver has been designed with three different loft angles and configurations, such as 9.5 degrees, 10.5 degrees, and 12 degrees.
- The driver has been integrated with a geocoustic technology that is responsible for making accurate and precise shots.
- The driver has been integrated with the higher MOI value, accrediting to the acoustic engineering and it is designed to offer better feel and sound of the shots.
- The driver has been designed with a huge footprint that leads to higher forgiveness value.
- The center of gravity of this driver is low and deep to ensure that your shots are precise.
- There are high-launching shots with this driver, and the spin speed will be reduced.
- The driver will help make sure that the ball remains stable, leading to overall stable shots.
- There is a speed pocket in this driver, which tends to increase the ball speed, promising higher flexibility as well.
- The driver has a 460cc titanium clubhead, topped with a lightweight aluminum loft sleeve.
- The golfers have the liberty to adjust the loft by two degrees.
- The driver comes with the headcover to ensure that your driver’s clubhead remains safe and protected.
- The clubhead has been constructed with the carbon composite construction that is responsible for lowering the center of gravity.
- There is highly improved acoustic management and geometric shaping integration in this driver that will optimize the shots.
- The lie angle is apt enough to create the top-notch trajectory as well as the ball flight.
Choosing the right driver is highly integral when you are trying to make the right shots because it helps in optimizing the shots. So, this TaylorMade driver is one such amazing option that has been designed to optimize the shots, and this driver will help you make highly forgiving shots.
8. TaylorMade Golf M6 D-Type Driver (460cc)
There are different drivers, and this M6 D-type driver is the perfect solution for every beginner golfer out there. This driver is a suitable choice for everyone because it comes with dual hand orientation. For higher durability, this driver is constructed from project c, even flow.
The newly designed feature includes TWIST FACE that helps to throw shots directly down the center of the fairway or out towards your favorite fade. Its grip and low-profile head with Draw Bias technology making it an incredible driver for an unparalleled mission.
In addition, there are three shaft flex options, promising higher performance rates, and better flexibility in the shots. There are three loft configurations in the driver, promising a positive impact on the angle.
The drivers have a higher COR value that is helpful for people who need to enhance the shot speed. Even more, you will be able to reduce the sidespin, while promising beginners that they can make off-center hits.
For people who need information about features, we have added them in the section below!
- The driver is available in right-hand as well as left-orientation to meet the different needs of the golfers
- The driver has been constructed with project c even flow which has been added to ensure the highest standards of durability
- The driver has been inculcated with different flex options, such as regular, senior, and stiff, promising that you can make different types of shots
- The driver has been inculcated with three different configurations, such as 9 degrees, 10.5 degrees, and 12 degrees
- The drivers’ head has been designed and injected with tuning resin that is responsible for optimizing the COR value across the face
- The driver will be able to define and develop maximum ball speed
- The golfers will be able to cover the higher distance in the shots
- The driver has been inculcated with the new face curvature, topped with a corrective face angle to ensure that you are able to make the off-center hits
- The side spin will be reduced in this driver which promises that you will be able to make straight shots
- The driver has a very sleek aerodynamic shaping which is responsible for increasing the clubhead speed
- The distance coverage will be higher
- The driver has a two-tone crown design which helps in closing down the impact of the shots
For everyone who has been on the quest to find the perfect driver out there, TaylorMade has got you covered with this driver. Be it increasing the distance coverage or clubhead speed, this driver will help you ace it all. As far as the cons and downsides are concerned, we really couldn’t find any!
9. Callaway Golf 2020 Mavrik Max Driver
This driver is available for right-handed and left-handed beginner golfers to ensure the driver is accessible to everyone. The driver is designed with multi-material construction that not only promises higher durability but a positive performance rate as well.
The Marvik max Callaway Golf will deliver more power, accuracy, and forgiveness than ever before. A redesigned face augmented by FS2S titanium allows for an alive-on-the-strike feel delivering the golfer maximum clubhead speed and MOI.
The Mavrik Max driver is available in three models: Stock Model, Tour Model, and Adjustable Model the stock model is the perfect option for aspiring golfers of any ability level.
There are customizable features in the driver because beginner golfers have different loft options available. The golfers will be able to make faster ball speed, and shots will be optimized.
In the section below, we have outlined the features to provide in-depth information!
- The Callaway driver has been designed with right-handed and left-handed orientation, meeting the gaming needs of different players.
- The driver has been designed with the Aldida rogue white 70G material, topped with UST Helium 4G and Project X Evenflow Riptide in 50G, as well as 60G.
- The driver has been inculcated with the regular, light, stiff, and ladies flex, helping them add just-right flexibility in the shots.
- People are always looking for some adjustability, and if you are one of them as well, this driver has been designed with different loft angles, such as 12 degrees, 10.5 degrees, and 9 degrees.
- The driver has been integrated with a new face architecture topped with the F2S2 titanium to ensure that there is no compromise on the speed and forgiveness.
- The material is six times lighter as compared to the traditional and simple titanium, which makes it suitable for the spinning and robustness of the shot.
- The driver has been inculcated with two internal jailbreak bars that are responsible for connecting the crown and sole.
- Jailbreak technology has been designed to ensure higher and faster ball speed.
- The driver has a lightweight carbon crown that helps in weight distribution, leading to higher MOI value.
- The driver has been integrated with the internal titanium rib system that is responsible for fine-tuning the head, leading to high yet satisfying music and feel.
- The driver has been integrated with the headcover for the prime purpose of saving the clubhead.
Whenever you are on the hook to find the perfect driver out there, you need to ensure that there is no compromise on the quality of the shots, this drive will be an amazing option out there. The best thing is that there are no apparent cons in this Callaway driver.
10. Cobra Golf F9 Men’s Speedback Driver
The Cobra Golf F9 Driver brings together the lowest-rolling CG and 9cc heel weight to bring a speedy and low trajectory to your shots. The speed back design lets you grip down on it for more confidence with every shot, so you can fire away when you really need to go long accurately.
Whether it’s off of the tee box or out on the fairway, keep yourself in control at all times as this driver allows precision milling for even better cleanliness which improves ball flight accuracy.
There are different flex options available in the driver, promising optimal flexibility in the shots. The drivers come with three loft configurations, so there are no compromises on the angle of the shots.
The driver’s head had an aerodynamic shape that helps to enhance the shape of the shots. The driver has a lower center of gravity level that ensures a positive impact on the precision of the shots.
So, for better insights, we have added information about the salient features of the driver!
- The Cobra driver has been designed with the right-handed and left-handed orientation to make sure everyone can play with this driver.
- The driver as been designed with different shaft material, such as Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec Black 7, Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec Blue 6, Project X Hzrdus Smoke 60, and UST Helium 50
- The driver has been integrated with multiple flex options, such as stiff, regular, senior, and x-flex.
- The driver has been designed with multiple loft angles, ranging from 9 degrees, 10.5 degrees to 12 degrees.
- The driver has been inculcated with the speed back technology and the driver, which is designed to optimize the aerodynamics.
- The driver has a low center of gravity, leading to fast shots, without compromising on the length of the driver.
- The driver has an aerodynamic clubhead design that will be responsible for shaping the shots.
- The driver has inculcated with multi-material tungsten weight structure, which is responsible for a creative deeper, and a lower center of gravity.
- The driver has a milled face-in construction, making this face the fastest one out there.
- The driver has a dual roll technology that will help minimize the impact on the gear that will help positively impact the low misses.
- The launch will be higher with this driver, and the spin rate will be higher as well.
While choosing the driver, one needs to be considerate about the performance, material, and adjustability to ensure there is no compromise on the shape of the shots. So, this Cobra driver will fill in the right way, but you might need to spend some more bucks because this driver is expensive.
11. Callaway Golf 2019 Epic Flash Driver, Right Hand
The all-new Callaway Epic Flash Driver is the most advanced in the history of golf. Featuring an enhanced lower and deeper CG with Jailbreak Technology engineered to explode off the clubface at impact for low spin performance.
It contains a powerful Triaxial Carbon Crown for game-changing stability and forgiveness on miss-hits. The lighter weight shaft with Project X Even Flow Green grip features felt materials for improved feel with minimal vibration from sudden changes in pace.
The driver is perfect for beginners who need to enhance ball speed. There is a face cup technology in the driver that promises the development of on-center and off-center shots. The best thing about this driver is the higher distance coverage while posing an impactful change in the shot speed.
Overall, the driver is pretty lightweight, which makes it suitable for people who need to make easy shots. We have added the features of this driver in the section, with an intent to provide insights about the product!
- Whenever you are buying this wood, you will need to consider the hand orientation because this one is only available for the right-handed golfers
- The wood has been integrated with the face flash technology, which has been designed to offer higher distance coverage as well as higher ball speed that optimizes the shots according to the gaming objectives
- As for the face, it’s been designed with 455-forged carpenter steel, topped with the face cup technology that helps the golfers make off-center and on-center hits
- The ball speed will be higher while ensuring the higher distance coverage
- The wood has been integrated with the jailbreak technology and has two internal bars. This configuration helps in putting more impact on the face, which leads to the better ball and shot speed
- The wood has been inculcated with OptiFit hosel that is pretty lightweight and short, responsible for making easier shots
- The golfers will be able to make long-carrying shots with this wood
- The center of gravity is positioned in a way that helps make the shot launch easy and high as well
If you happen to be the golfer who likes to play their golfing shots with the right hand, this Callaway wood will settle perfectly for you. This is because it has zero compromises on design, performance, and durability. So, choose this one, and you will never regret it!
12. Intech Golf Illegal Non-Conforming Extra Long-Distance
For every beginner golfer, choosing the driver is an essential matter because it helps in optimizing the shots and their overall performance in the golf court. So, if you are on the quest to find the perfect driver, this Intech river will be an amazing option.
However, one needs to be considerate about the driver’s choice, and this driver will never fail you. This driver is suitable for everyone because it’s designed with dual hand orientation, leading to higher playability.
The shaft material of this driver is the epitome of durability because there is graphite construction. There are two shaft flex options, promising adequate flexibility in the shots. In addition, there are two loft configurations in the driver, which optimizes the angles of the shots.
The topping point of this driver is the high moment of inertia value, promising higher forgiveness, and the sweet spot is huge as well. All in all, the performance is perfect, and we have added in-depth details about this product in the section below!
- The driver has been inculcated with the right-handed and left-handed orientation to make sure everyone can play their shots with this driver
- The driver has been integrated with the shaft material that is designed to ensure durability, and yes, we are talking about graphite
- The driver has been inculcated with the regular and senior flex to ensure that there is something for everyone
- This diver has been integrated with 10.5 degrees and 12.5 degrees when it comes to the loft angles
- The driver has been inculcated with the high MOI design to ensure there is enough sweet spot
- The huge sweet spot will ensure that there is a higher forgiveness rate
- A driver is a place for the behemoth shaft which is the name for durability and performance
- The driver has been integrated with the headcover to ensure that the driver’s head remains protected
If you’ve been looking for a driver for beginners, this Intech driver will be an amazing option because it has been designed with top-notch features, and there are no performance drawbacks. However, the clubhead is too large as allowed by the USGA. So, be vigilant!
13. TaylorMade SIM MAX Driver
The TaylorMade SIM MAX Driver is engineered with Speed Injected technology to increase clubhead speed for lower and longer shots. It provides better ball control from multi-material construction and an aerodynamic asymmetric sole.
The Fujikura Ventus Blue 6 Shaft complements the driver’s straight trajectory of shots while swinging through the golf course’s toughest obstacles. The SIM MAX driver feature makes it a suitable option for every beginner golfer.
The driver is available in red and blue colors to ensure it can match other clubs and irons. The driver is designed with four different shaft flexes, so everyone can make their shots.
TaylorMade has added three loft configurations in this driver for optimal flexibility in the shots. The beginner golfers will be able to cover higher distances with this driver and its low center of gravity.
In the section below, we have outlined the features of this driver for in-depth information and insights!
- The driver has been designed with right-hand and left-hand orientation, making sure that everyone can play their shots
- The driver has been designed with Fujikura Ventus Blue 6 and Fujikura Ventus Red 5
- The driver has regular, stiff, extra stiff, and senior flex to make sure there is something for everyone who wants to make shots with this driver
- This driver has 9 degrees, 10.5 degrees, and 12 degrees when it comes down to the loft angles
- The driver has an aerodynamic asymmetric sole, topped with the inertia generator which is the big name for ensuring higher speed from the clubhead
- The golfers will be able to cover the higher distance, accrediting to the rear weight
- The golfers will have access to higher MOI value because it is responsible for creating higher forgiveness rate
- The driver has been inculcated with speed injected technology that will strategically optimize the COR value
- The ball speed across the face is pretty higher
- The driver has been designed with the twist face technology and a huge face area
- There are corrective face angles in the driver that will reduce the number of mishits
- The driver is designed to ensure straight shots
- The driver has a multi-material construction, accrediting to steel, carbon, and titanium that is the name for a low center of gravity and higher MOI value
- The driver has a two-degree loft sleeve, leading to multiple customization and adjustability
- The golfers will be able to change the trajectory of their shots with this driver
For everyone who has been eyeing the best driver out there for a beginner, this TaylorMade driver will fulfill and exceed all the expectations regarding the golf game. As far as the cons are concerned, we couldn’t find a single one in this driver!
14. Cobra Golf F9 Men’s Speedback Driver
The Cobra F9 Speedback Driver is an amazing driver made for speed. With its aero design and dual roll technology, this golf ball will provide you with more distance on the tee.
The Cobra Golf 2019 F9 Men’s Speedback Driver comes in black or avalanche colors so that it would be perfect for any golfer’s style. It can play as fast and far as your creativity desires, so go ahead and let out that inner child!
This Cobra driver has high availability because every right-handed and left-handed golfer can make the shots with this driver.
There are four flex options available in this driver to ensure optimal flexibility in the shots. Even more, there are two loft configurations, promising the perfect angle of the shots.
In the section below, we have added all the information about the driver regarding the features that will help make an acquainted choice!
- The driver is available with a left-hand and right-hand orientation to make sure that there is no compromise on the shots
- As far as the shaft is concerned, this driver’s shaft has been designed with Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec Black 7, Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec Blue 6, Project X Hzrdus Smoke 60, and UST Helium 50
- The driver has been integrated with regular, stiff, senior, and x-flex options to make sure you can play with any flex you want
- The driver has been designed with 9 degrees and 10.5 degrees loft angle
- The driver is the name for speed back technology which helps in attaining the low center of gravity
- The driver has a speed back aero-design speed back technology
- There is a low center of gravity with this driver as there is multi-material tungsten weight structure out there
- The driver has a CNC Milled-face-in technology which is responsible for making this driver the fastest one out there
- There is dual roll technology in the driver that is responsible for reducing the gear effects in the shots
- There will be no low misses, and the spin speed will be reduced significantly as well
- The launch of the shots will be higher
Whenever you make up the mind to hit the golfing bandwagon, you need to keep in mind that you’ve added some burden on the bank account because golfing can be expensive. So, if you’ve been looking for this Cobra driver, there are zero compromises on durability and performance, but it can be a pretty big dent in the pocket!
15. Callaway Golf Epic Flash Driver
The Callaway Golf 2019 Epic Flash Driver with the latest innovative design offers an increased MOI that provides precise shots with forgiveness from all over the course. The technology is called Jailbreak Technology which removes weight in a strategic location to heighten spring-like energy and increase stability and forgiveness by up to 15%.
This Callaway driver provides higher durability because there is graphite shaft construction that helps to enhance the performance of the shots. This driver is also suitable for ladies’ golfers since there is a ladies’ flex option along with other flex options.
The golfers will be able to optimize the distance coverage with this driver, and the impact on the face will be higher. So, if you need to have insights about this particular Epic Flash Driver, we have added the features of the driver in the section below!
- The driver has been designed with the left-handed as well as right-handed orientation to make sure that everyone can play with this driver
- The driver has been integrated with the graphite shaft material because it will help with durability and high-performance shots
- The driver has been topped up with the ladies, regular, senior, stiff, and extra stiff flex options because different players have different playing needs
- The driver has been integrated with the 9 degrees, 10.5 degrees, and 12 degrees loft angle to meet the diverse needs of the golfers
- The driver has become the home to the flash face technology, promised to provide better distance coverage without compromising on the ball speed
- There is artificial intelligence in this driver that’s responsible for creating the different face, as per the needs of the golfers
- The driver has been integrated with the jailbreak technology with two internal bars, leading to faster ball speed while creating a higher impact on the face
- The driver has a lightweight triaxial carbon crown that makes sure that MOI value is improved
- The golfers will be able to get away with the off-center hits because there is a higher forgiveness level in this driver
- The driver has an adjustable perimeter weighting to ensure there is no fading and that the golfers are able to make straight shots
If you’ve been looking for a perfect driver to assist you in the golf court, Callaway is an amazing branded option out there. We have shared all the features and pros of this driver in the section above, and as for the cons, we couldn’t find any. So, it wouldn’t be wrong to say that this Callaway driver is surely the best one out there!
Best Golf Driver For Beginners
Whenever you are investing in something new, you need to understand the fact that you are investing your hard-earned money in there. This is why the driver and iron should provide the real value for the money, which makes it essential to make the right choice.
Making the right choice is impossible if you don’t know about the integral factors to consider. Similarly, when you are a golfer, you need to understand that one wrong angle and your shots will be impacted.
This is why choosing the right driver is essential, and if you’ve been trying to find the best one out there, there are multiple factors of consideration.
In this buying guide, we are sharing all the important factors that you need to consider while choosing the best golf driver for beginners.
The beginners have different needs, and one needs to acknowledge them. So, we have added every factor that you need to consider in this buying guide. Have a look!
Overall these years, technology has improved a great scale, which clearly depicts that everything has improved. So, if you are looking for the driver, adjusting the loft will be the innovation that everyone is looking for as it helps in improving the shots. As a beginner, you should always look for an adjustable driver because beginners aren’t consistent enough with their swings and shots. Once you become consistent with the swing and game, you can go for sturdy lofts, but as a beginner, always go for adjustable ones.
Whenever someone adjoins and makes up the mind to start playing golf, they need to understand the fact that golfing can be pretty expensive. This is because the golf clubs and drivers are pretty costly, and even the single ones will cost hundreds of dollars. So, it wouldn’t be wrong to say that you need to make the right choice. This is why you need to be intelligent with money.
As a beginner, you need to be considerate about money matters because an expensive driver might not be the best choice out there. So, if you are in the market for a new driver, make sure to choose the reasonably-priced driver that provides enough value for the money. If you are looking for affordable options, Intech and Orlimar drivers are optimal.
For every beginner, choosing the driver that encourages spin is the worst decision. This is because beginners need to practice with the straight shots, and that’s where spin can intrude on the effectiveness of the shots. So, you need to need to ensure that whichever driver you are choosing, its head doesn’t lead to a spin. All in all, if you need to make the hit on the green, the spin will work, but it cannot be the right choice for beginners who need to make straight shots.
Many people understand that clubhead matters a great deal because it directly impacts the spin speed. However, they need to be vigilant about the shaft as well. The shaft should fit optimally with the swing speed. As a beginner, you can choose the regular flex shaft because beginners tend to have slower swing speeds. The faster swing speed can impact the straightness of the shot, so make sure you are choosing the right shaft!
If you are a beginner who needs to make the right shots, you need to be considerate about the loft. This is because the high loft will help make farther shots and higher distance coverage. With the increase in the swing speed, the beginners will be able to make lower loft angles. However, if you go overboard with the loft, the backspin will be created as compared to the sidespin. Also, the driver with a high loft will be able to make slicing shots!
Whenever you are in the market to choose the driver, you need to consider the fact that the head is extremely important. The right size of the clubhead is 460 cubic centimeters. So, you need to ensure that the driver’s clubhead ranges from 440 cubic centimeters to 460 cubic centimeters. If the clubhead is big, the shots will be more powerful, and the missing chances will be better.
As a beginner, you should look for the bigger clubhead because it provides higher forgiveness in the shots. In contrast, the small clubheads will help make more secure shots without compromising on the swing speed. If you want to gain control over the shots, the small clubhead will be an apt choice. In addition, as a beginner, you need to choose the round clubhead because it’s the most suitable choice out there.
Choosing the right material for the driver is essential because it helps in upgrading efficiency and durability. The drivers are available in a wide range of materials, such as zinc, stainless steel, aluminum, and titanium. Titanium turns out to be the most expensive material out there, but it tends to be highly efficient and durable when it comes down to beginners.
However, if you are going low on budget, you can always opt for stainless steel because it helps in improving the game. As for the shaft, you can opt for graphite and steel because graphite is known to provide flex, which is essential for beginners.
The loft is the head face angle, and it will help depict the distance of the driver. In addition, the backspin and trajectory of the shots will directly be influenced by the driver’s left. The common loft angles range from 4 degrees to 20 degrees. While choosing the loft, you need to consider the swing speed that you’ve managed to skill up. The higher loft angle will provide lower swing speed, and so on.
Weight plays an integral role in determining the shots, and while choosing the weight, you need to ensure that you’ve considered the swings and skills. The lightweight driver can lead to off-center hits. There are high chances that finding the right weight will take time, but spending some extra time is better than making regular errors in the golf court!
Centre of Gravity
This is basically the single balance point of the driver, which has the tendency to move back and forth, vertically, and horizontally. For beginners, the lower center of gravity will make an apt choice. This is because the low center of gravity leads to a higher ball launch, given the higher spin. The MOI will increase, and the forgiveness level will increase as well. Once the center of gravity is moved forward, the ball speed will increase, but the ball spin and MOI values will decline.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What Is The Center Of Gravity Of A Golf Club?
The CG is an imaginary position in the club where all the points of balance intersect. It is a critical characteristic of the golf club. It helps figure out how easier it is to produce perfect launch circumstances for a shot.
2. Do Beginners Need A Specific Driver?
The latest drivers are versatile, but you should grab the one that is designed for beginner golfers. It should be very forgiving and help progress your swing speed. The drivers intended for experts feature smaller heads, and they are less forgiving. Their primary purpose is to improve your game. They are deliberated for folks who have ultra-fast swing speed, which newbies do not have.
3. What Should I Look For In A Driver As A Beginner?
There are many things that you have to pay attention to while searching for a driver. Buying a driver for a beginner is an important decision, so it is all worth thinking about before making the final selection.
- Head size and shape
- Shaft material and flex
4. What Head Size And Shape Of The Driver Is Suitable For Beginners?
These days, a wide range of head shapes are available in the market. No shape is the best, so you should look for what is suitable for you, give you confidence, and feel right in your hands. Round shapes are a perfect option for novices. Besides, aerodynamics are also mandatory to benefit you create clubhead speed. A more oversized head is always better, and present-day rules permit you to use a 460cc driver.
5. Why Are The Driver’s Materials Necessary?
These days, numerous materials are used for making golf clubs. The materials’ quality and type will have a significant impact on the driver’s cost. Modern substances are lightweight and perform flawlessly. Before buying a driver, make sure to define your budget and your needs.
6. How Many Drivers Should I Carry?
You can only carry 14 clubs in your bag, so only one driver will be enough for you. If you are an expert golfer, you can use two drivers: one for shot-shaping and the other one for maximum distance coverage. However, it is not crucial for newbies. The new drivers offer the adjustability option so that you can regulate both your driver’s functions.
7. How Often Should You Get A New Driver?
It is a complicated query to answer because novice golfers’ playing level and ability develop dramatically in the shortest duration. Many well-known manufacturers release new drivers annually, and some brands launch more than one annually. However, you can use your driver for at least three to four years before switching to a new one.
8. How Do I Figure Out The Driver Is Designed For Beginners?
Here are some important features that you have to look for in a driver for beginners.
- Shaft flexibility
- Clubhead size
9. What Is Forgiveness?
Beginners should always look for forgiving clubs. A drive will be considered forgiving when the ball travels straighter and covers a decent distance.
10. Why Should I Buy A Driver With A Higher Loft?
The higher lofted driver will be forgiving and add more backspins to your hits. Additionally, it will keep your hits straighter.
11. Which is the easiest driver for beginners?
All the drivers in this article are designed with a higher forgiveness rate. So, as a beginner, you can choose any driver with a higher forgiveness rate. You should opt for a driver that has loft configuration, ranging from 10.5-degrees to 12-degrees. In addition, the loft angle should be lower by one degree for better performance.
12. Which is the right loft driver for beginner golfers?
For every golfer who struggles with distance coverage and cannot hit the 210 yards, you need to use the driver with a loft angle of 12-degrees. This driver is not only easy to use, but the distance covered will be suitable as well. In addition, if you want to enhance the swing speed and hit more than 260 yards, you need to choose drivers, ranging from 9-degrees to 9.5-degrees. One must acknowledge that with loft angle reduction, the backspin will be reduced as well.
13. What is the Center of Gravity?
Whenever you are looking for iron or a driver, you will read about the center of gravity. So, it is defined as the interconnection of the head at several balance points. The golfers can balance the face, sole, and head position to determine the true center of gravity value. The center of gravity is designed in three dimensions, such as vertical, center, and horizontal. The vertical center of gravity will define the height of the clubhead from the sole. In addition, the horizontal center of gravity defines the distance from the shaft’s center. Last but not least, the center gravity talks about the backward position of the clubface.
How to become a golf professional?
If you want to become a professional golfer, you will need training and the utilization of a top-notch driver. In addition, the professional or tour golfer needs to play and win local, national, and regional tournaments.
The Bottom Line
After reviewing the best golf drivers for beginners, we found that TaylorMade Men’s RBZ Golf Driver is our top pick. With a mid-level price point and solid performance in comparison to other beginner drivers on the market, this driver should be your go-to option if you’re looking for an affordable way to get started with your game.
We hope you enjoyed reading about some of the best options available today! Let us know what driver you think is worth buying or which one sounds like it would suit your needs better than any of these models by leaving a comment below.