When it comes down to this modern world, people are always exhausted from continuous work because they don’t catch fresh air. They are either trying to put it all out with the movies or by paying a visit to their friends for a hangout at the weekend. These activities might be able to deliver temporary results, but the results will fade away.
This is the prime reason that people feel the Monday blues because they don’t have enough refreshments and relaxing experience. With this notion, it wouldn’t be wrong to say that people need hobbies that are both beneficial for health, mental health, and hangout as well. This is because people tend to play outdoor games.
When it comes down to the outdoor games, there is an array of options available for the people to play their hearts out. Ranging from cricket to volleyball, football to racquets, basketball to cycling, the number of options are never-ending. However, these games are all sweat and dirt because you will be chased to the ground.
If you’ve been looking for a more sophisticated game, golf is your way to go. This is because golfers can indulge in golfing on a regular basis. Playing golf pose impactful benefits for people on a physical and mental basis. When it comes down to the physical benefits, people will be able to control their heart health with proper exercises.
Besides, people are around the greenery and nature (the golf courts are always green) that imposes a reduction in stress and anxiety. Usually, old people and senior citizens play golf regularly. Playing golf will provide light exercises to the players, which makes them pose a positive impact on the muscles and tone them up as well.
The best thing about playing golf is that people will be able to optimize blood sugar and cholesterol levels by playing golf. This is because people get active, which poses a positive impact on their health. As far as mental health is concerned, people will be able to reduce the depression and stress levels with golf games, and they have managed to become more peaceful and happy.
As you are in the golf court, you will come across different types of people. Some people tend to play with top-notch skills, while some of them are still a novice. It doesn’t matter which person you are, using the right club, and Wood is essential. For instance, some people like to play with irons, but some are into woods as they increase the precision and accuracy in the shots.
For all the people who like to make the golfing shots with woods, there are multiple degrees and configurations available to meet the diverse skills of the people. As a beginner, people need the forgiving woods, and 3-wood is one of the most forgiving woods out there. The 3-woods will be able to help you play tight holes off the tee.
So, you know that you need a 3-wood, but still, there is a huge variety of the woods available in the market. With this notion, it wouldn’t be wrong to say that you need the best fairway wood all times because the wood choice will directly impact the quality of the shots. So, if you have been looking for the best fairway woods, this article is your top choice.
We are saying this because we have added a wide range of 3-wood options in this article. While choosing the final products for this review guide, we ensured to add effective, reliable, and promising woods. All the woods in this article are designed to help you grow as a high handicapper. We have also added a buying guide that will help you make an informed final decision. Let’s start!
|Top||Callaway Men's Big Bertha Alpha 815 Hybrid Club, Left Hand, 20-Degree, Stiff Flex||Check Price on Amazon|
|Callaway Golf 2019 Epic Flash Fairway Wood, 3 Wood, 15.0 Degrees, Left Hand, Regular Flex||Check Price on Amazon|
|TaylorMade Fairway-M2 2017 #3 R Golf Fairway, Right Hand||Check Price on Amazon|
|Cobra KING F6 Golf Fairway Wood (Men's, 13.0-16.0, Graphite, Regular, Left, 3W4W), Black||Check Price on Amazon|
|TaylorMade Men's M2 Fairway Wood (Men's, Right, Stiff, #3)||Check Price on Amazon|
|Callaway Men's XR Fairway Wood, Graphite, Right Hand, Stiff Flex, 15-Degree||Check Price on Amazon|
|Tour Edge Exotics EX10 Fairway Wood RH 3 15 Graph Reg||Check Price on Amazon|
|Callaway X HOT 3 Fairway Wood, Women's Flex||Check Price on Amazon|
|Callaway 2013 X Hot Fairway Wood 5 Wood 5W 19° Project X PXv Graphite Senior Right Handed 41.75in||Check Price on Amazon|
|Pinemeadow Golf PGX Offset Golf Fairway Woods (Left Hand, Graphite, Regular, 3 Wood/16°)||Check Price on Amazon|
|Orlimar Golf Escape Fairway Wood (RH) #5 Graphite Shaft - R Flex||Check Price on Amazon|
|Callaway XR 16 Pro Fairway Wood (Men's, Left Hand, 14 Degree, Speeder Evolution II 765, Stiff Flex)||Check Price on Amazon|
|Callaway Men's Big Bertha V Series Fairway Woods, Left Hand, 19-Degree, Senior, Graphite||Check Price on Amazon|
|Callaway Golf 2017 Great Big Bertha Men's Epic Driver, Right Hand, Aldila Rogue Max, 60G, 45.5" Length, Stiff, 9 Degrees||Check Price on Amazon|
|Founders Club Fresh Metal 5 Fairway Wood with Graphite Regular Shaft and Head Cover (18 Degrees, Regular)||Check Price on Amazon|
1. Callaway Men’s Big Bertha Alpha 815 Fairway Wood
When it comes down to golf, you need to understand you need to show alpha and uncompromised performance in the golf court if you intend to make big in the golfing career.
This is why choosing the best fairway wood is an essential decision because it will directly impact the shots, their reliability, and accuracy. Many people are okay with the cheap brands, but to be honest, that’s only going to good for a short time.
This is because, in no time, Wood will stop offering the best performance because of chipping and more relevant issues. So, it is essential to choose the branded product that has a reliable construction, along with a warranty of performance and longevity.
Since we are talking about the branded woods, how can one forget about Callaway because it’s the leader of the golf equipment manufacturing world? They have come up with this fairway wood that’s been integrated with the following features;
- The fairway wood is available in left-hand and right-hand orientation, so everyone can play at their best
- There are multiple options available when it comes to flex, such as stiff and regular, to make sure it is suitable for beginners and advanced players.
- The best thing about this fairway wood is the variety of configuration available in the loft, such as 14-degrees, 16-degrees, and 18-degrees
- The fairway wood has been integrated with the forged hyper speed face cup, which is responsible for improving the ball speed.
- There are no missing chances when you are playing low on the face.
- The fairway wood has adjustable launch conditions because there are adjustable weights, ranging from 3g to 30g, and they will optimize the ball flights for you.
- When the weight is back, the launch will be higher, and the forgiveness level will enhance
- If you have positioned the weight at a forward position, you will get lower spins.
- The head shape is pretty compact and looks appealing, but it will improve the shots as well.
- There are eight options available for the variations in lie angle and loft angle, accrediting to the OptiFit adjustability feature.
- The fairway wood has been designed with the graphite shaft that ensures lightweight features without compromising on the shot’s quality.
Before you try to make it to the golf, you need to acknowledge that golf is an expensive sport. This is because the woods and irons can be pretty hard on the pocket. However, this fairway wood has a similar issue that has been added to the list of cons. As far as the performance and durability are concerned, there shall be no compromises because Callaway is a trusted brand!
2. Callaway Golf Epic Flash Fairway Wood (Renewed)
We all know some things that have gotten a revamp just because there was room for improvement. The developers usually renew the products rather than creating another product with a different name for marketing purposes.
This tactic is usually implied for marketing purposes because people have high expectations from a certain product. This happens in every niche and field, and if you are from the golfing field, this renewed fairway wood will serve you just right.
This fairway wood is the brainchild of Callaway and has been designed as the perfect fairway wood for the high handicappers. The fairway wood was first released back in 2019, but people had been asking for some improvement.
Thus this is the renewed version. Callaway has managed to pull the string just-right with this fairway wood because it’s the name of performance and reliability in one place. We have added a wide range of features in the section below as well!
- The fairway wood is available in left-hand and right-hand orientation to make every golfer can play the shots
- As far as the flex is concerned, they have considered every golfer out there, empowering them to offer ladies, regular, and light flex
- The shaft has been designed with project x even flow green in different consistencies, such as 40G, 50G, and 60G
- The fairway wood has been designed with multiple configurations, such as 3 Wood with 15.0 Degrees, 5 Wood with 18.0 Degrees, HeavenWood with 20.0 Degrees, 11 Wood with 25.0 Degrees, 7 Wood with 21.0 Degrees, and 9 Wood with 23.0 Degrees
- This epic flash fairway wood is designed to ensure that golfers can attain higher distance coverage in addition to the high ball speed, and this is all subjected to the flash face technology. The flash face technology is integrated to promise higher ball speed without compromising on the ball’s distance coverage
- The fairway wood has been integrated with a forged 455 carpenter steel construction that ensures that players can make the off-center and on-center his easily
- There is a jailbreak technology, which means that there are two internal bars. These internal bars will stiffen up the Wood and creating a higher load on the face. This load on the face will improve the ball speed
- The fairway wood has been integrated with the OptiFit hosel that has a short and lightweight construction
- The fairway wood is designed to relocate the center of gravity that promises long-carrying flight without compromising on the launch and height of the shots
Whenever you are trying to optimize the performance of your golfing shots, you need to consider the fact that choosing the fairway wood will directly impact the performance. As long as you can play with the stiff woods, you will be able to cover higher distances and make high-launching shots with this fairway wood with a renewed outlook.
3. TaylorMade M2 Men’s Fairway Wood
Many people have been saying that fairway woods are hard to play with, well they can be pretty hard to play with. But this only implies to the beginners who start playing their shots with flexible irons.
However, the real golfers have always preferred the fairway wood, and they will continue to do so. this is the prime reason that the demand for fairway wood never ended as compared to what the beginner golfers have been portraying.
We have already mentioned that the experienced players usually use fairway woods, but still, one needs to be vigilant about choosing the fairway woods because they tend to be highly impactful for the shots.
The people have been able to make or waste their entire shots by choosing the right or wrong fairway woo, respectively. So, if you’ve been eyeing the top-notch fairway wood, this TaylorMade fairway wood is an amazing option with high-end features!
- The fairway wood has been designed with the right-hand and left-hand orientation which promises that everyone can use the fairway wood
- The fairway wood has been integrated with the graphite shaft to ensure it is precise and lightweight
- The fairway wood has been designed with multiple flex options, ranging from regular, senior, stiff, to extra stiff
- As far as the configuration is concerned, TaylorMade has been able to optimize the performance with four different configurations, such as 3-wood, 3-wood HL, 5-wood, and 5-wood HL
- The fairway wood has a multi-material construction that is responsible for lowering the center of gravity
- The fairway woods are designed with a 450-stainless steel body, 6-layer carbon crown, and the 455-stainless steel face
- The fairway wood has been integrated with the inverted cone technology that is designed to optimize the ball speed
- The fairway wood has a huge sweet spot that is responsible for increasing the forgiveness level
- The fairway wood has been integrated with the acoustic technology which makes sure of the advanced shaping
- The Wood has a two-tiered sole design that is responsible for increasing the playability of the shots, be it the lies or the sound ribs
- The fairway wood is designed to offer better feel and sound in the shots
- The Wood has been implanted with the open-channel speed pocket that is not only long but flexible as well
- There are higher flexible features that improve the ball speed and the golfers will be able to make the low-face shots
- The backspin is reduced which makes sure that you can create higher distance coverage
- The fairway wood has a fluted hosel that is added to promise zero compromises on the distance coverage of the center of gravity
If you’ve been looking for a branded fairway wood that makes all your top-notch golfing shot dreams come true, this TaylorMade fairway wood is the perfect option. However, you will need to clean up the Wood right after playing the shots because the moisture can rust up Wood’s body. As for the performance, there are no glitches on that side!
4. Cobra Men’s KING F6 Fairway Wood
Playing golf is the dream of many people, but there are multiple reasons that people don’t hit the golf courts. Some people don’t have the time, while some people think that they don’t have the suitable skills to make sure they are making it big in the golfing industry.
Still, if you have managed to bid farewell to all such issues, we would suggest you to start playing the fairway woods because you will be the pro in no time with these woods.
While choosing the fairway wood, you need to make sure that you are using the right Wood because it will depict the nature of your shots and the quality as well.
This is one of the prime reasons that people choose branded products and woods because they offer a warranty and a promise for quality and performance.
So, Cobra is one such brand that has coined the name in the market, and with this fairway wood, they have cranked up the notch of golf equipment manufacturing with the following features;
- The fairway wood is available in black, green, and blue colors to make sure you are hitting the golf court with a stylish wood in the hands that settles with your taste.
- The fairway wood is available in left-hand orientation only, which means that only the lefties can play with this fairway wood.
- The fairway wood has been designed with the graphite shaft that promises uncompromised performance and lightweight features.
- As far as the flex is concerned, the fairway wood is available in regular, stiff, and senior flex to ensure there is something for everyone.
- The fairway wood has been integrated with the adjustable front to back center of gravity technology.
- The front center of gravity is responsible for adding more roll to the game and improving the overall ball flight.
- The back center of gravity is responsible for adding height to the ball flight.
- The fairway wood has been integrated with higher forgiveness levels.
- The fairway wood has been designed with the easy to adjust loft settings that are responsible for managing the trajectory of the shots.
- The launch can be tuned which makes sure that golfers can create a swing, and also, the distance covered is never-ending
- The fairway wood has a patented speed channel designed to increase the ball speed and cover the higher distance with the help of a minimized thickness of the face’s perimeter.
- This fairway wood can be used for every swing type.
- There are loft adjustment features that help in attaining the correct spin.
If you’ve been in the golfing world for a long time, you would know that using the fairway wood is essential for improving the overall gameplay experience. However, if the fairway wood is creating the backspin, it can pose negative impacts on the game. So, that’s the con that you will need to address because other than that, and there are no negative sides of this fairway wood.
5. TaylorMade Men’s M2 Fairway Wood
For everyone who has been trying to hit the golf court, they would understand the pressure of choosing the fairway woods. This is because choosing the best fairway wood for beginners is essential as it can impact the overall gameplay experience.
The most important factor to consider is that the fairway wood is responsible for optimizing the performance and quality of the shots. Also, by playing with the fairway woods, people will be able to become the pro players in no time.
So, it’s needless to say that people tend to become overwhelmed whenever they are out in the market to buy a fairway wood. This is mainly because they have way too many options available in the market, and it gets hard to make the right choice.
If you’ve been under similar pressure, you can opt for the TaylorMade fairway wood because this is the real brand in the market that has coined its name in the golf manufacturing industry. So, have a look at the features!
- This fairway wood has been designed with the right-hand and left-hand orientation to ensure it has everything to meet the diverse user needs.
- The fairway wood has been designed with the graphite material shaft added to promise elegance, quality, and durability at one time.
- As for the flex, the fairway wood has regular, senor, extra stiff, and stiff options available.
- This fairway wood has been designed with four different configurations, such as 3 Wood HL with 16.5 degrees, 3 Wood with 15 degrees, 5 Wood with 18 degrees, and 5 Wood HL with 21 degrees.
- The fairway wood has a multi-material construction, which defines how it has a carbon composite crown.
- The shaft is designed with graphite, which makes sure that the ball launch is optimal.
- The weight shifting is pretty low, and the spin conditions will be optimized.
- The fairway wood has a shallow head design, which is responsible for improving the playability of the game.
- There is a huge variety of lie angles available.
- The fairway wood has been designed with the arrow 620 ribbed grips to ensure there is no slipping of the Wood.
- There is a real 65 construction, which is another name for durability.
- The fairway wood has been integrated with acoustic technology to make sure there is perfect sound in the shots.
- The fairway wood has M2aTMs impact zone to ensure there is reduced back spinning in your shots
Whenever we are investing in something, we want to make sure that it is perfect. So, when you buy the hundreds of thousand bucks worth of a fairway wood, you need something with minimal to zero cons. For all those people, this TaylorMade fairway wood is the apt choice with zero compromises on the performance, shots, or durability.
6. Callaway Men’s XR Fairway Wood
Being a golfer has to be the biggest dream of everyone interested in playing golf and has been watching the golf matches all their lives. This is why one needs to ensure that they are using the right fairway wood because it will directly impact how you make the shots and how they are hit.
One needs to ensure that they are choosing the perfect fairway wood out there. When it comes down to choosing the perfect fairway wood, there is a huge variety available.
Overall, these years, people have been trying to make it to the golf club because they have been made aware of the health benefits that are adhered to playing golf.
Be it the physical benefits or the mental ones, and there is something for everyone surely. However, these benefits cannot be harnessed if you aren’t using the right fairway wood.
So, if you’ve been looking for an optimal fairway wood, Callaway will always be there to help you ramp up your game. So, have a look at the features before investing in it!
- The fairway wood has been integrated with right-handed and left-handed orientation for a better playing experience
- The fairway wood has been designed with the graphite shaft because they wanted to ensure durability and excellence
- The fairway wood has been designed with regular and stiff flex options to make sure that it is perfect for beginners and advanced golfers all the same
- The fairway wood has been designed with two configurations, such as 3W with 15-degrees and 5W with 19-degrees
- The fairway wood has been integrated with the forged hyper speed face cup which promises higher ball speed, and also, the forgiveness will be higher
- The face of this fairway wood is 36% thinner as compared to other fairway wood because that’s how the speed will be improved
- The fairway wood ahs 20% lesser center of gravity that increases the versatility while helping cover more distance
- The fairway wood has been integrated with the re-engineered internal standing wave that reduces the spin speed, and the ball speed will increase as well. This configuration promises lower weight
- The fairway wood has been integrated with the redesigned head shape with a higher tow and leading edges
- The Wood has been implanted with the shallow face height for the players who want to optimize the performance and quality of the shots
- The shaft is designed to ensure top-notch speed, and the shaft is designed to offer higher speed and maximum shaft load. The energy transfer from the fairway wood to the ball is top-notch
- The fairway wood has a 16% bigger sweet spot, promised to increase the forgiveness, and the speed
Whenever you are trying to optimize your performance and quality of the shots, you need to ensure that you are using the right fairway wood. This is why it is essential to choose the branded fairway wood, and when it comes down to brand, Callaway is one of the best brands out there. However, you might need to go a little overboard with money because this fairway wood is a bit expensive.
7. Tour Edge Exotics XCG6 Golf Fairway Wood
Golf is not simply a game, but a passion for most and you must want to treat yourself with the very best of the gear that you can get your hands on.
Tour Edge Exotics XCG6 Golf Fairway Wood is one such Wood that is hard to resist for anyone who wants to take their game to the next level.
The Wood is of premium quality with no-weld and titanium cup face that is suitable for most clubs. It comes with a high-density steel body that would give you an ultimate combo of power and spin so you can perform at your best.
This would make a perfect self-gift or for any of your friends to share your love of golf. You get the best value for money with this exotics XCG6 Golf Fairway wood.
It features boomerang face technology with variable face thickness to choose from according to your preferred style, making it the right choice for you to have in your golf back.
The gear does not make the skill, but the right gear can take you to places you want to go and make your dreams come true. This is your perfect opportunity to have the best possible Golf Fairway wood that would change your experience of golfing, and it will never be the same for you again.
- A no-weld, 15-3-3-3 beta titanium cup face with a high-density steel body and tungsten soleplate for ultimate power and forgiveness.
- 15-3-3-3 beta-titanium cap prides you with all the power and spin on off-center hits to get the right distance.
- Heavy tungsten soleplate with 65% of the total club weight is a perfect combination calculated for optimal moment-of-inertia and reduced club head twisting.
- Cutting-edge, boomerang face technology offers you a variable face thickness to maximize the spring effect from more points.
- It comes with a lifetime warranty and 30-day play guarantee to ensure optimal customer satisfaction.
This is the perfect choice for you to cover distance and get those power shots done. It is a premium option for your golf bag that you just have to get those long-distance shots played with perfection with great feeling and confidence.
8. Callaway Golf Epic Flash Fairway Wood
Whenever people are trying to make their health go on a positive road, they tend to use different types of techniques that help them ace their physical health objectives and aims.
This is because people want to live without diseases and health issues while leading a positive life with top-notch health. For this purpose, people tend to use different factors, such as exercise and gyms.
However, some people like to adjoin forces with sports because it is more of their type. This is why, for everyone out there, choosing the right sport plays an integral role in optimizing health because if you aren’t enjoying it, it won’t work out for you.
If you are on the bandwagon of choosing the sport as well, we have an amazing sport for you. Yes, we are talking about golf, and we know how amazing it can be for the people who want some light exercises and multiple health benefits while staying active.
Golf helps people stay active because they need to walk and move the body because it is essential to make top-notch and precise shots. This is the prime reason that people choose golf to kickstart their health journey.
In all this quest, one must never forget the importance of using the right woods and irons because they are primarily responsible for making the shots.
So, if you are choosing the wood, Callaway is always at your rescue with this Epic Flash way wood. We have added the features of this wood in the section, with an intent to provide insights about the product!
- Whenever you are buying this wood, you will need to consider the hand orientation because this one is only available for the right-handed golfers
- The wood has been integrated with the face flash technology, which has been designed to offer higher distance coverage as well as higher ball speed that optimizes the shots according to the gaming objectives
- As for the face, it’s been designed with 455-forged carpenter steel, topped with the face cup technology that helps the golfers make off-center and on-center hits
- The ball speed will be higher while ensuring the higher distance coverage
- The wood has been integrated with the jailbreak technology and has two internal bars. This configuration helps in putting more impact on the face, which leads to the better ball and shot speed
- The wood has been inculcated with OptiFit hosel that is pretty lightweight and short, responsible for making easier shots
- The golfers will be able to make long-carrying shots with this wood
- The center of gravity is positioned in a way that helps make the shot launch easy and high as well
If you happen to be the golfer who likes to play their golfing shots with the right hand, this Callaway wood will settle perfectly for you. This is because it has zero compromises on design, performance, and durability. So, choose this one, and you will never regret it!
9. Callaway X Hot Fairway Wood
Being a golfer can never be easy because there is extensive training required. On top of everything, one needs to be extremely patient with the game because this game demands extensive focus and determination to make the shots.
While you are interested in playing golf, you need to ensure that you are using the right fairway wood.
Choosing the right fairway wood can be pretty difficult as there are literally hundreds of brands making the golf equipment. However, you cannot choose the golf brand randomly because it will impact the shots.
So, if you are looking for a top-notch brand, you can always turn to Callaway because it has coined its name in the market of golf equipment manufacturing with the following features;
- The fairway wood is available in left-handed and right-handed orientation in the fairway wood.
- The fairway wood has been integrated with the graphite shaft that not only increases the performance of the shots, but it also positively impacts the durability.
- As for the flex, the fairway wood has been designed with regular and stiff flex to make sure it is optimal for beginners, intermediate, and advanced golfers all the same.
- The fairway wood has been designed with 3W and 5W configuration with 15-degrees and 19-degrees, respectively.
- The fairway wood has been integrated with the forged speed frame face cup that helps increase the ball speed.
- The distance coverage will be pretty long and consistent.
- The face cup is constructed from the 455-carpenter steel that’s added to ensure higher strength for better ball speed.
- The fairway wood has been integrated with the modern warbird sole that ensures that you are making the dynamic shots.
- There is a huge variety of lie angles available that ought to promise better performance.
- The fairway wood has been inculcated with the heavy weighting element in the head, upfront to the sole from the face.
- The center of gravity is pretty low, which makes sure that there is lower spinning, and also, the trajectory is apt enough to increase the distance covered and improve the ball speed.
- The fairway wood has been integrated with the lightweight project x velocity shaft, which is another name to increase the distance coverage and improved speed.
- The weight projection of this fairway wood is pretty dynamic.
- The fairway wood has been integrated with the progressive roll radius that makes sure that you are able to make higher shots even on the soft land.
- The launch angle of this fairway wood is pretty high that reduces the impact on the clubface while improving the distance coverage.
For everyone who has been looking for the fairway wood, they should probably try the Callaway brand because it has been designed to optimize the performance without compromising on the quality of the shots and distance coverage. So, if you are ready to compromise on the thin clubface, there is everything beneficial added to this fairway wood!
10. Pinemeadow PGX Offset Golf Fairway Woods
Being a golfer is one of the greatest things in life that can happen to a person. This is mainly because golf is an amazing sport that’s been linked to better physical and mental health.
This is probably because golf provides some light exercise that poses a positive impact on the muscles and heart as well. As far as mental health is concerned, golf is played in the green environment, which is a great stimulant for improving the mood, and also, it enhances the happy hormones.
While you are being intimated by all these benefits, you need to stay at the top of your game as well. This is because if you aren’t playing golf the right way, you aren’t playing it all.
However, the gameplay is proven by the right woods and clubs because they are actually responsible for hitting the ball in a certain direction, right? So, if you want to play with a fairway wood, Pinemeadow has come up with this amazing fairway wood that’s been integrated with some top-notch features, such as;
- This fairway wood has been designed in right-hand and left-hand orientation to make sure that everyone can play with it.
- There are multiple sizes available in this Pinemeadow fairway wood, such as 3-wood, 5-wood, 7-wood, 9-wood, 11-wood, 13-wood, and 15-wood, designed to meet different needs of the shot.
- The fairway wood has been integrated with an anti-slice technology, which leads to higher offset values in the clubface. This technology has been around for a few years, but over the past couple of years, it has been receiving the much-needed attention
- The leading of the Wood’s clubface is pretty thin and offset, which is designed to offer more time to make the shots.
- The fairway wood will be able to make long and straight shots.
- The fairway wood has been integrated with the graphite shaft.
- The graphite shaft has been integrated with the stainless steel clubhead that has been the most amazing and reliable combination.
- The fairway wood has been integrated with the headcover that will ensure your fairway wood’s head is safe and protected.
While choosing the fairway wood, you need to ensure that you have a reliable wood that helps you make correct shots. For instance, the higher offset value will ensure that you are able to make long and straight shots without compromising on the quality of the shots. However, you might need a little time to choose the correct wood size because there are just too many!
11. Orlimar Golf Escape Fairway Wood
While on the golf court, you ought to meet a lot of people, and they will pretty much influence your entire golfing game. This is because golf is a sport where there is a lot of social interaction, and you need to be in touch with people.
This way, people tend to learn new things, and in no time, people start learning new skills and tips just by talking to fellow golfers. This clearly means that golf is an amazing way of increasing the social circle.
However, while you are in the golf court, you have to get the right fairway woods because they will impact the shot’s quality. Ensuring the right quality of the shots is essential because it doesn’t matter how many friends you’ve made in the court, the competition is going to spike up.
So, if you’ve been looking for the fairway wood, Orlimar has some great opportunities and features waiting for you. In the section below, we have added all the features to help you out!
- This fairway wood has been designed with the right-hand orientation, so it is optimal for the people who play with their right hand
- The fairway wood has been designed with a graphite shaft which is the prime reason for accuracy in the shots
- The fairway wood has been integrated with three different flexes, such as regular, ladies, and senior
- There are multiple configurations available in this fairway wood, such as 3 Wood with 16 Degrees, 11 Wood with 30 Degrees, 13 Wood with 34 Degrees, 15 Wood with 38 Degrees, 5 Wood with 19 Degrees, 7 Wood with 22 Degrees, and 9 Wood with 26 Degrees
- The fairway wood has been integrated with the shallow face height which has become an epitome of better performance and accuracy in the shots
- The fairway wood has a low center of gravity that helps make right and tight shots
- As for the shaft, it is made from the special escape Superlite 60-graphite which is the prime reason of durability
- The fairway wood has an ordinary custom velvet that makes sure that all the excess moisture is absorbed correctly
- The fairway wood has been designed to make high-launch shots and land the ball softly on the green tiers
- The golfers will be able to make confident and accurate shots while being highly comfortable while playing
- The fairway wood has been integrated with a stainless-steel head
While you are trying to upscale your golfing game with accurate and confident shots, this Orlimar fairway wood will be an amazing option that will even help you play softly on the green. Be it from a distance or near the greens, and everything is possible with this fairway wood. However, this is only available for the right-handed golfers, so the lefties are out of luck.
12. Callaway Men’s XR 16 Pro Fairway Wood
If you’ve been in the golfing career for a long time, you would know that if you want to make it big there, you have to choose the right equipment. This is because many people opt for cheap equipment to start because they don’t want to spend money, but in no time, they start facing the consequence of using the cheap product. This is because cheap clubs will negatively impact the gameplay experience.
This is why it is highly important to choose the right brand and the right fairway wood. When you are choosing the fairway wood, you need to ensure that you are choosing the branded products.
Branded products promise reliability and performance. While choosing the fairway wood, you will come across a variety of brands, but we would like you to try out Callaway. This is because this brand has sharpened its saw for better performance. Have a look at the features!
- This fairway wood is available in a right-handed and left-handed orientation that is integral for a diverse golfing experience
- The fairway wood has been integrated with a graphite shaft that is another name for durability and high performance
- This Callaway fairway wood has been integrated with multiple flexes, such as stiff, regular, and extra stiff
- This fairway wood has been designed with different loft angles and to tell you all. It is available in 14-degrees and 16-degrees
- The fairway wood has a higher ball speed, and all the credits go to the hot face cup
- The fairway wood has been integrated with the forged hyper speed face cup which is pretty thin and hot
- The fairway wood is designed to ensure a lower spinning rate
- The fairway wood has a huge sweet spot, promising higher forgiveness level for the beginners
- This Wood has been integrated with a higher MOI value that’s been added to make shots easier to hit
- The fairway wood has a thin crown that’s responsible for weight movement, accrediting to the compact head shape
- The fairway wood’s head has an aerodynamic shape which is responsible for better speed, and the golfers have been enjoying the crazy ball speed
With each passing day, people are becoming more and more aware of their health, and they want to do better things for it. This is the prime reason that golfers are increasing in number because people can improve their health with golf. So, this fairway wood is an apt choice for everyone who has been looking for ways to optimize their gameplay performance in the world of golf.
13. Callaway Men’s Big Bertha Fairway Woods
When the golfing is concerned, one needs to understand that it is one of the most sophisticated games out there. There are no wrestling moves, and the dressing is pretty elegant as well.
The best thing is that people can start playing this game whenever they want, without thinking about age. This is because playing golf is possible for kids, young adults, and seniors all the time. That’s because the game is highly focused, and if you have focus, you can play this game.
However, if we are honest, it wouldn’t be wrong to say that playing golf demands much more than the focus and determination. Yes, you are thinking the right thing, you need the right equipment to play this game.
This is why if you are interested in playing golf, you need to choose the right fairway wood and what can be the better choice than Callaway, right? So, if you’ve been looking for the Callaway fairway wood, this Big Berth wood will be an apt choice!
- This fairway wood has been made available with right-handed and left-handed orientation for the diverse playing experience
- The fairway wood has been integrated with the graphite shafts that are the epitome of durability and sophistication
- The fairway wood has been incorporated with the regular and stiff flex options
- When it comes down to the wood configuration, there are three options available; 3-wood with 15 degrees, 5-wood with 18-degrees, and 7-wood with 21-degrees
- The fairway wood has been integrated with the hyper-speed faceTM cup which is way thinner and lighter
- The fairway wood has been inculcated with the 455-carpenter steel face cup, leading to precision in the shot
- The Wood has been integrated with an advanced yet adjustable hosel for better performance
- The fairway wood has been integrated with the improved internal standing wave, which is the name of the lower center of gravity
- The low center of gravity is an amazing way of making consistent launches
- The spin speed will be reduced, and also, the golfers will be able to cover extended distance across the face
- The fairway wood has been designed to increase the playability of the shots, accrediting to the 455-carpenter steel face
- The golfers will be able to adjust the hosel; they can decrease or increase the loft in one-degree increments as it will optimize the spin and launch angle. In addition, you can adjust the bias that helps optimize the shape of the shots
- The golfers will be able to increase the distance coverage without cutting off the accuracy
- The golfers will be able to play off the tee
- This fairway wood has been integrated with the energy transfer features
- The players will be able to make consistent and smooth shots while ensuring the higher launch of the shots
When you are trying to look for the perfect fairway wood, it is better to try the branded products because they offer a warranty for quality and performance. So, this Callaway big bertha will sit perfectly to meet your golfing needs, irrespective of the skillset, and performance needs. Just invest in this fairway wood, and you will be ready to ace it all.
14. Callaway Golf Men’s Great Big Bertha Epic Fairway Wood
Golf has to be the most played sport out there when we are talking about the elite class or the people who want to indulge in sophisticated sports. That’s because this game is an amazing option to stay active, given the light exercise that’s integrated into this sport.
In addition, the game is played in the green environment, making the entire experience more engaging and serene. The best thing about golf is that it will be helpful in improving focus and concentration.
But hey stop, before you make up your mind to hit the golf court, you need to be considerate about the fact that one needs to use the right fairway wood.
Choosing the right fairway wood is important because it will directly impact the shot’s quality. While choosing the fairway wood, you need to opt for Callaway because it has made its name as the brand of quality and performance.
In the section below, we have added the salient features that have been added to this fairway wood. So, have a look!
- The fairway wood has been integrated with the right-handed and left-handed orientation because they want everyone to enjoy the perk
- As far as the flex is concerned, the people will be able to get their hands on multiple flexes because this fairway wood has regular, stiff, and senior flex available
- When you are looking for the fairway wood, choosing the right wood configuration is essential, and this one has been integrated with four different options, such as Heavenwood with 20.5 Degrees, 3 Wood with 15 Degrees, 5 Wood with 18 Degrees, and 3+ Wood with 14 Degrees
- The fairway wood has been designed with the ultra-light triaxle carbon crown as its much more lightweight as compared to the steel
- The fairway wood has a higher MOI value to ensure the accuracy in the shots
- The fairway wood has a lower center of gravity value, promising added strength to the shots and the launch is easier
- The Wood has been designed with the hyper-speed face cup because it tends to be more efficient when it comes down to increasing the ball speed
- The golfers will be able to increase the distance coverage even if you ought to play the mishits
- The fairway wood has been integrated with the speed step technology to ensure fast head speed
- There is direct input from the experts, accrediting to the improved aerodynamics, leading to higher distance coverage and faster swing speed
- There is a huge variety available when it concerns the loft angles to ensure you are able to outline top-notch performance scale
Before you decide to become the golfer, you need to ensure that you’ve enough money in the pocket because the fairway woods can be pretty hard on the pockets. So, if you are trying to become the golfer, this Callaway fairway wood will be an amazing option out there. As for performance and quality, there are no drawbacks there.
15. Founders Club Fresh Metal Golf Clubs Fairway Woods
Whenever there is a need for higher skills in the game, you need to choose the right equipment and gear because it defines the overall experience and practice of the game.
So, if you are the golfer, the game is all about concentration and skills, which makes it even more integral to choose the right golf clubs and irons. Besides, you need to be even more vigilant and precise about choosing the fairway woods because it is the maker or waster of the game.
So, if you are ready to start learning the skills and ace the golf court, this Founders fairway wood will be an amazing fit for you. The fairway wood has been designed for everyone who needs to ensure the highest standards of performance.
Also, there are zero compromises on the quality, and we have added the top-notch features of this golf club set in the section below. If you want to invest in this fairway wood, it is advised to go through the features.
- This might be the most vigilant thing about this fairway wood, but to tell you all, it has loft angles, such as 15 Degrees, 18 Degrees. 21 Degrees, 24 Degrees, 27 Degrees, 30 Degrees, 33.0 Degrees, and 36.0 Degrees
- The fairway wood has been integrated with the regular and senior flex
- The fairway wood has been integrated with an offset designed, promising the increased control over the shots
- There is a graphite shaft in the fairway responsible for adding the low torque, so you can make top-notch shots
- As for the grip, it has been integrated with the dual material to ensure higher durability and improved grips
- The fairway wood has been integrated with the matching headcover to ensure that your Wood’s head remains safe when you aren’t playing
When choosing the fairway wood, you need to ensure that you are choosing the right brand because it will directly impact the quality and overall performance of the shots. So, it is always advised to go for reputable brands. However, this brand, Founders, is new in the market, and that is the only con adhered to it.
This because people don’t tend to trust this brand, but as far as the performance and quality are concerned, one needs to choose this fairway wood. This is because no matter if this brand is new or old, it has managed to pull top-notch performance and durability in this fairway wood.
Buying Guide – best fairway wood shaft
Choosing the right equipment is essential for every sport out there simply because it directly impacts how you make the moves and what quality they endure. This might be essential to every sport out there when we are talking about golf; choosing the fairway wood is even more essential.
This is because your choice of a fairway wood or other golf club will directly impact the quality of the shots. However, with the plethora of options in the market, choosing one option can be pretty hard.
It can be seen by the fact that all the golfing enthusiasts appreciate the importance of the right fairway wood. Choosing the right fairway wood is essential for another reason.
This is because people tend to spend an entire day literally on the golf court, but they are never actually able to enjoy the experience, simply because they choose using the wrong woods. Some of those golfers have spent hundreds and thousands of dollars on the fairway wood.
With all this information, it is pretty evident that the final choice of the fairway wood will impact the gaming and golfing experience. So, for all such people, we have developed this buying guide.
In this buying guide, we have added a wide range of factors that you need to consider while choosing the fairway wood. It’s needless to say that you need to consider all these factors while buying the fairway wood because it’s essential for an effective golfing experience. So, let’s have a look at the factors!
While you are talking about golf, there are multiple angles that you need to talk about. For instance, there is a loft, which is the angle of the clubface, which helps control the distance coverage as well as the trajectory of the ball.
For instance, if the fairway wood has a higher loft angle, the trajectory of the ball will be enhanced, and the distance covered will be lower. It is needless to say that the fairway woods tend to have usually higher loft angle as compared to other clubs and drivers.
The 3-wood has the loft angle ranging from 15-degrees to 18-degrees. However, the 5-wood fairway tends to have loft angles ranging from 20-degrees to 22-degrees. If the number of the club is higher, the loft angle will be higher as well.
All in all, it is important to understand that the fairway woods numbered 7, 9, 11, and so on are usually named as the utility woods. The majority of the fairway woods available in the golfing market are subjected to higher adjustability.
This adjustability can be seen in the weight as well as the hosels. These adjustments can be developed by removing or adding the screws in the heels. These screws are responsible for connecting the clubhead to the shaft.
The adjustments are increased or decreased by four to five degrees. Once you have changed the loft angle, the lie angle will change as well. The lie angle is defined as the angle of the shaft for connecting the shot to the ground.
Once you change the lie angle, the horizontal ball flight will change as well. There are some adjustable hosels in the fairway woods that are responsible for changing the lot angles all on their own.
So, do consider this fact without you start buying the adjustable fairway wood. The prime aim of using these adjustable woods is the ball flight optimization without compromising on the lie, loft, or the overall performance of the shots.
You might not understand this, but when it comes to the fairway woods or any other golf club, it is highly integral to consider the length. The length of the fairway wood will be dependent on the height of the person.
If the golf club number is higher, the shaft length of the club will be short. It is essential to understand that 3-wood is the longest fairway wood out there because it is lengthened from 42 to 43 inches.
In contrast, the 5-wood tends to have length measurements ranging from from41 to 2 inches. Even more, the 7-wood will have length measurements of 40 to 41 inches.
These numbers of inches can go higher or lower with the golf equipment manufacturing companies. Be it the Callaway or Cobra, Orlimar, or Pinemeadow, and every company has their standard measurements when it comes down to the length of the fairway wood.
The prime aim behind the utilization and designing of the fairway woods is the higher distance coverage. Even more, they are designed to be more lightweight. This is the prime reason that golf equipment manufacturers tend to use the graphite shafts in the fairway woods because they are designed to increase the swing speed. The higher swing speed is majorly responsible for adding the significant numbers of yardage to the shots.
However, some people are also using steel shafts because they intend to design the fairway woods for senior players. The steep shaft provides higher accuracy in the shots. But you need to consider the fact that steel shafts can impact distance coverage. If you aren’t sure about your skills, you can always choose the graphite shafts. That’s because it is always a safer choice, but still, there are way many options to choose from.
If you are trying to choose the right fairway wood, you need to understand that if you want to increase the speed of the clubhead, the flex should be even stiffer. However, if your clubhead swinging speed ranges from 80mph to 95mph, the regular flex will do just fine. The fairway woods are designed primarily to increase the distance coverage, but it also tends to reduce the control over the shots by a few degrees.
Material & Size
There isn’t one standard material when it comes down to the construction of fairway wood. However, there are three different materials that are majorly used for the construction of fairway wood.
For instance, the most common material is stainless steel because it tends to be cheap without compromising on the strength level. In addition, the titanium material is used when you are trying to create or manufacture a huge fairway wood.
The titanium material tends to be lightweight, and the best thing about this material is that the center of gravity can be pushed down. These factors help put the ball in the air more easily.
Some manufacturers used titanium to create a thin face as it helps in covering higher distances. There are also some fairway woods that are designed with composite material. The composite material is usually the integration of steel and titanium because this mixture tends to be extra lightweight.
The lightweight feature of the fairway wood will help in placing the weight around the clubhead’s perimeter. This tends to reduce the twisting of the off-center hits. In the section below, we have added a summary of three majorly used materials for the fairway wood construction. So, have a look, and you will be able to decide what material will settle with you!
The steel construction is usually used in the heads because they aren’t too large. The steel construction is responsible for adding higher forgiveness levels without compromising the strength. The best part is that steel can be easy on the pocket.
Titanium is the premium and one of the most expensive materials out there. This is majorly used for its lightweight features, but also, they help in increasing the size of the clubhead. The manufacturers can create thin faces with titanium, which helps them lower the center of gravity, and also, it helps increase the forgiveness level.
In the past few years, the manufacturers have been experimenting with the materials, and that’s how they came up with the composite. There are high chances that the crowns are being manufactured with carbon because it tends to reduce the weight and perimeter weighting as well. These factors will eventually help in increasing the forgiveness level without compromising the position weight.
From The Tee
As we have already mentioned that the fairway woods are designed to offer a higher loft angle as compared to the drivers. This is because the shots will be easier to hit with, and there will be higher accuracy in the shots. If you are using the right 3-wood fairway wood, you will be able to make extra loft, leading to higher forgiveness and easy energy transfer.
From The Fairway
While choosing the fairway wood, you need to be considerate about the actual reason for you to choose the fairway wood. Majorly, people use the fairway woods for higher distance coverage, but some of them use it to approach the shots into the green as well. However, if you are trying to play into the green, you need to have a higher loft angle because it initiates and slows down the shots.
Hit Par Fives In Two
There are always some holes that can be pretty hard to shot with. For that purpose, one needs to choose the long fairway wood and the shallow clubhead. This is because a lower head profile will make it easy for you to hit the tight holes.
Once you are down with the consideration of other factors, you highly need to think about the adjustability features. These adjustability features will optimize and personalize the golfing experience. Majorly, the adjustability features are contained to the weight and height of the fairway wood.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How Many Types Of Adjustability Are Delivered In Fairway Woods?
Adjustability in fairway woods is not too prominent as drivers, but some brands do provide some types of customization in their woods. There are usually three different adjustability types in woods: moveable weight, loft, and face angle.
You can transform the wood’s loft by using an adjustable hosel. The golfers remove the head and reposition it on the club’s shaft in the preferred loft setting. By using this technique, you can increase or decrease the loft by 1 to 3 degrees. The lie will also be affected. There are many adjustable hosels obtainable in the market that permits you to modify the loft angle without manipulating the lie, so you should consider buying them.
The club should offer you a customized weight feature to manipulate the “CG” positioning. It is more prevalent in drivers than woods, but various companies do manufacture them. Changing the weight location will have a significant impact on “CG.” As a result, it will have a considerable effect on forgiveness, distance, and flight trajectory.
Face angle is the club’s face angle. If it is entirely perpendicular to the ball, then we will call it “squared angle.” Some woods are equipped with soles that make them sit square behind the ball, helping the player align the clubhead accurately. Face angle adjustment can have a massive influence on the ball flight. If you tend to slice the ball, a closed clubface can be very helpful for you. However, the open face can be useful with hook inclinations.
2. Should I Use The Best 3 Wood For A High Handicapper?
Yes, they should utilize them because they are designed to improve your game. As a high-handicapper, if you want to see improvements in your performance, you must know where and when you should use the wood. You will witness a great distance off the tee with your 3 wood because of its lower “CG.” It will help you launch the ball higher into the air than with a driver. High-handicappers can use woods designed for beginners because both have a slower swing speed.
3. As A High-Handicapper, How Many Woods Should I Carry In My Bag?
You can carry 1 to 3 woods in your bag. It is vital to have wood as an alternative for a driver. If you carry more than one, it would be good because you will be able to earn more success in your game. Many golfers find it easier to hit the hybrids than woods, so they have an additional hybrid in the bag.
4. Is 3 Wood Difficult To Hit?
Yes, it is hard to hit because it does not feature much loft. High lofted clubs are more comfortable to hit and more forgiving as well. The 3 wood will have 15 degrees of loft, and drivers have at least 12 degrees of loft. You won’t observe much difference when you strike the ball from the fairway with a wood or a driver. The best 3 wood for high handicappers has become tremendously more comfortable to hit in the last few years. They flaunt lower “CG” and higher launch.
5. What Is The Best 3 Wood For A High Handicapper?
Callaway Men’s Big Bertha Alpha 815 Fairway Wood and TaylorMade M2 Men’s Fairway Wood are the best fairway woods for high handicappers. Both woods are forgiving and super-lightweight.
6. Who Is An Average Golf Player?
If you shoot more than 90 on a par 72 golf course, you will be considered an average golfer. They are also known as high handicappers. If you hit 80 or 90, then you are a mid-handicapper. However, if you shoot less than 80, then you are a low handicapper. If you belong to any of these groups, you should look for various fairway wood features. Newbies can take advantage of clubs that are intended for low handicappers.
7. What Is The Perfect Shaft Flex For High Handicappers?
If you are a high handicapper, regular shaft flex is a perfect option as it will produce more speed and keep the ball in the air straighter. When you know which wood you need, you will need to determine what shaft is suitable for you. This consideration is mandatory because it will have an immense impact on your shot shape. A firm shaft will offer you low shots that slice easily, and a softer shaft will hook the ball. Therefore, you should determine your swing speed; otherwise, find out how far your ball drives.
If it drives under 200 yards, your swing speed is 90 mph, and you need to buy a senior or ladies shaft. If it goes between 200 to 240 yards, your swing speed is 80 to 90 mph, and you need a regular shaft. If it drives between 240 to 275 yards, your swing speed will be 90 to 100 mph, so that a stiff shaft would be an optimal choice. Ultimately, if your ball drives 275 yards, your swing speed is 100 mph, so you should acquire an extra stiff shaft. It is vital to pick the perfect shaft based on your swing speed because it will offer you more control and distance.
8. Which Companies Produce The Best 3 Wood For High Handicaps?
9. If I Shoot 100, What Is My Golf Handicap?
Golfers who shoot 100, their handicap is 28.
10. What Is A Moderate Handicap?
If you have a handicap between 11 and 20, you are a skilled golfer with a mid-handicap. It means you can shoot 80 in each round and break 90 in the other round.
The Bottom Line
Golf is an amazing sport out there, and while you are trying to improve your performance and quality of the shots, fairway woods will help you out. This is because fairway woods will help you attain a higher distance coverage. With this article, we have added a wide range of fairway woods from different manufacturers to ensure that you’ve options out there. Also, we have lined out the buying guide to help you with what important points you need to consider while choosing the best fairway wood out there. So, best of luck!