The three wood is a versatile club as it can be used off the tee, from the fairway or rough, and even with an iron shot that needs more distance. For most golfers, this club will usually range from 9 to 13 degrees of loft.
One thing that separates these clubs is how much offset you have between your hands on the grip. The less offset there is in your hands on the grip (i.e., they are closer together), this club will provide higher launch angles and greater distances for most golfers.
If you tend to slice shots, then look for a 3-wood with more offset in your hands on the grip because this will help keep those slicing tendencies down and give you straighter drives instead.
Many golfers struggle to find the correct club selection, and I want to share the Best 3 Wood for High handicapper. This will be an interesting post because there are so many options out there that it can be hard to find the one best suited for you! I am going to list three clubs that I think will work well in any golfer’s bag.
While choosing the final products for this review guide, we ensured to add effective, reliable, and promising woods. All the woods in this article are designed to help you grow as a high handicapper. We have also added a buying guide that will help you make an informed final decision. Let’s start!
|Top||Callaway Men's Big Bertha Alpha 815 Hybrid Club, Left Hand, 20-Degree, Stiff Flex||Check Price on Amazon|
|Callaway Golf 2019 Epic Flash Fairway Wood, 3 Wood, 15.0 Degrees, Left Hand, Regular Flex||Check Price on Amazon|
|TaylorMade Fairway-M2 2017 #3 R Golf Fairway, Right Hand||Check Price on Amazon|
|Cobra KING F6 Golf Fairway Wood (Men's, 13.0-16.0, Graphite, Regular, Left, 3W4W), Black||Check Price on Amazon|
|TaylorMade Men's M2 Fairway Wood (Men's, Right, Stiff, #3)||Check Price on Amazon|
|Callaway Men's XR Fairway Wood, Graphite, Right Hand, Stiff Flex, 15-Degree||Check Price on Amazon|
|Tour Edge Exotics EX10 Fairway Wood RH 3 15 Graph Reg||Check Price on Amazon|
|Callaway X HOT 3 Fairway Wood, Women's Flex||Check Price on Amazon|
|Callaway 2013 X Hot Fairway Wood 5 Wood 5W 19° Project X PXv Graphite Senior Right Handed 41.75in||Check Price on Amazon|
|Pinemeadow Golf PGX Offset Golf Fairway Woods (Left Hand, Graphite, Regular, 3 Wood/16°)||Check Price on Amazon|
|Orlimar Golf Escape Fairway Wood (RH) #5 Graphite Shaft - R Flex||Check Price on Amazon|
|Callaway XR 16 Pro Fairway Wood (Men's, Left Hand, 14 Degree, Speeder Evolution II 765, Stiff Flex)||Check Price on Amazon|
|Callaway Men's Big Bertha V Series Fairway Woods, Left Hand, 19-Degree, Senior, Graphite||Check Price on Amazon|
|Callaway Golf 2017 Great Big Bertha Men's Epic Driver, Right Hand, Aldila Rogue Max, 60G, 45.5" Length, Stiff, 9 Degrees||Check Price on Amazon|
|Founders Club Fresh Metal 5 Fairway Wood with Graphite Regular Shaft and Head Cover (18 Degrees, Regular)||Check Price on Amazon|
1. Callaway Men’s Big Bertha Alpha 815 Fairway Wood
You’ll be basking in the sun’s rays at your next golf game with some brand new club. Get Callaway Men’s Big Bertha Alpha 815 Hybrid Club today!
It provides a superior feeling both on and off the course, so you can get ahead of your competitor with this hybrid club. Whether it looks like an easy putt for par or an impossible challenge to green,
We’re confident this is one investment you won’t regret. With their stiff flex, 20-degree loft, and materials from Graphite steel shaft material, these are some of the swankiest golf clubs around. Never give up until that final hole is sunk-this club does all the work for you!
They have come up with this fairway wood that’s been integrated with the following features;
- The fairway wood is available in left-hand and right-hand orientation, so everyone can play at their best
- There are multiple options available when it comes to flex, such as stiff and regular, to make sure it is suitable for beginners and advanced players.
- The best thing about this fairway wood is the variety of configuration available in the loft, such as 14-degrees, 16-degrees, and 18-degrees
- The fairway wood has been integrated with the forged hyper speed face cup, which is responsible for improving the ball speed.
- There are no missing chances when you are playing low on the face.
- The fairway wood has adjustable launch conditions because there are adjustable weights, ranging from 3g to 30g, and they will optimize the ball flights for you.
- When the weight is back, the launch will be higher, and the forgiveness level will enhance
- If you have positioned the weight at a forward position, you will get lower spins.
- The head shape is pretty compact and looks appealing, but it will improve the shots as well.
- There are eight options available for the variations in lie angle and loft angle, accrediting to the OptiFit adjustability feature.
- The fairway wood has been designed with the graphite shaft that ensures lightweight features without compromising on the shot’s quality.
Before you try to make it to golf, you need to acknowledge that golf is an expensive sport. This is because the woods and irons can be pretty hard on the pocket. However, this fairway wood has a similar issue that has been added to the list of cons. As far as the performance and durability are concerned, there shall be no compromises because Callaway is a trusted brand!
2. Callaway Golf Epic Flash Fairway Wood (Renewed)
Callaway Golf’s first 2019 Epic Flash Fairway Wood, a three wood, is in the left-handed model. With an ultra-lightweight feel and forgiving face for easier trajectory acclimation and controlled shot shaping, this great-looking club in black is just what you need to take your game to new heights!
The Epic Flash Fairway Wood adds power and accuracy to your short game with a game-changing club. From tight fairways to fast roughs, the advanced technical design of these three wood will improve your journey by leaps and bounds.
The patented Flash Face Technology is like nothing you’ve ever experienced before. It has 160g weight on one side of the golf face for increased stability while relieving pressure on the other side for an adjustable trajectory from low-to-high shots.
This fairway wood is designed for those players who need versatility, comfortability without sacrificing performance because whether it be out in front or behind trees… we know how important it is to have that extra 11 yards when you need it!
We have added a wide range of features in the section below as well!
- The fairway wood is available in left-hand and right-hand orientation to make every golfer can play the shots
- As far as the flex is concerned, they have considered every golfer out there, empowering them to offer ladies, regular, and light flex
- The shaft has been designed with project x even flow green in different consistencies, such as 40G, 50G, and 60G
- The fairway wood has been designed with multiple configurations, such as 3 Wood with 15.0 Degrees, 5 Wood with 18.0 Degrees, HeavenWood with 20.0 Degrees, 11 Wood with 25.0 Degrees, 7 Wood with 21.0 Degrees, and 9 Wood with 23.0 Degrees
- This epic flash fairway wood is designed to ensure that golfers can attain higher distance coverage in addition to the high ball speed, and this is all subjected to the flash face technology. The flash face technology is integrated to promise higher ball speed without compromising on the ball’s distance coverage
- The fairway wood has been integrated with a forged 455 carpenter steel construction that ensures that players can make the off-center and on-center his easily
- There is a jailbreak technology, which means that there are two internal bars. These internal bars will stiffen up the Wood and creating a higher load on the face. This load on the face will improve the ball speed
- The fairway wood has been integrated with the OptiFit hosel that has a short and lightweight construction
- The fairway wood is designed to relocate the center of gravity that promises long-carrying flight without compromising on the launch and height of the shots
Whenever you are trying to optimize the performance of your golfing shots, you need to consider the fact that choosing the fairway wood will directly impact the performance. As long as you can play with the stiff woods, you will be able to cover higher distances and make high-launching shots with this fairway wood with a renewed outlook.
3. TaylorMade M2 Men’s Fairway Wood
The TaylorMade 2017 M2 Men’s Fairway Wood is a perfect combination of distance and forgiveness, courtesy of its inverted cone technology.
Now you can reach your pin in two with this club without worrying about chucking it on the green or leaving it short. Geocoustic technology further enhances distance by creating less backspin off the face for a quick roll after contact.
The TaylorMade 2017 M2 Men’s Fairway Wood will let you explore different types of shots up and down the fairways, including those high-risk-high reward wedge shots that are necessary to keep up with today’s current courses.
Give yourself an advantage over all other golfers out there; order now!
- The fairway wood has been designed with the right-hand and left-hand orientation which promises that everyone can use the fairway wood
- The fairway wood has been integrated with the graphite shaft to ensure it is precise and lightweight
- The fairway wood has been designed with multiple flex options, ranging from regular, senior, stiff, to extra stiff
- As far as the configuration is concerned, TaylorMade has been able to optimize the performance with four different configurations, such as 3-wood, 3-wood HL, 5-wood, and 5-wood HL
- The fairway wood has a multi-material construction that is responsible for lowering the center of gravity
- The fairway woods are designed with a 450-stainless steel body, 6-layer carbon crown, and the 455-stainless steel face
- The fairway wood has been integrated with the inverted cone technology that is designed to optimize the ball speed
- The fairway wood has a huge sweet spot that is responsible for increasing the forgiveness level
- The fairway wood has been integrated with the acoustic technology which makes sure of the advanced shaping
- The Wood has a two-tiered sole design that is responsible for increasing the playability of the shots, be it the lies or the sound ribs
- The fairway wood is designed to offer better feel and sound in the shots
- The Wood has been implanted with the open-channel speed pocket that is not only long but flexible as well
- There are higher flexible features that improve the ball speed and the golfers will be able to make the low-face shots
- The backspin is reduced which makes sure that you can create higher distance coverage
- The fairway wood has a fluted hosel that is added to promise zero compromises on the distance coverage of the center of gravity
If you’ve been looking for a branded fairway wood that makes all your top-notch golfing shot dreams come true, this TaylorMade fairway wood is the perfect option. However, you will need to clean up the Wood right after playing the shots because the moisture can rust up Wood’s body. As for the performance, there are no glitches on that side!
4. Cobra Men’s KING F6 Fairway Wood
The COBRA KING F6 model is designed to deliver low-mid trajectory distances and can produce longer shots for accuracy. If you require an adjustable 3/4 wood, this CRAZY fairway will be a perfect fit!
This product also features Speed Channel technology which was developed specifically for greater ball speeds across a wider range of head speeds than ever before
It’s a superior club with a CG position, so perfect and perfectly tuned in weights. You can’t beat speed channel technology, which will change your game forever.
Half of the golfers say they have trouble setting up their clubs because their hands are too big or too small. Cobra Golf solves this problem by making the right adjustment!
The cobra golf also contains MyFly Technology that maximizes the distance with SmartPad sensors on every grip.
So, Cobra is one such brand that has coined the name in the market, and with this fairway wood, they have cranked up the notch of golf equipment manufacturing with the following features;
- The fairway wood is available in black, green, and blue colors to make sure you are hitting the golf court with a stylish wood in the hands that settles with your taste.
- The fairway wood is available in left-hand orientation only, which means that only the lefties can play with this fairway wood.
- The fairway wood has been designed with the graphite shaft that promises uncompromised performance and lightweight features.
- As far as the flex is concerned, the fairway wood is available in regular, stiff, and senior flex to ensure there is something for everyone.
- The fairway wood has been integrated with the adjustable front to back center of gravity technology.
- The front center of gravity is responsible for adding more roll to the game and improving the overall ball flight.
- The back center of gravity is responsible for adding height to the ball flight.
- The fairway wood has been integrated with higher forgiveness levels.
- The fairway wood has been designed with the easy to adjust loft settings that are responsible for managing the trajectory of the shots.
- The launch can be tuned which makes sure that golfers can create a swing, and also, the distance covered is never-ending
- The fairway wood has a patented speed channel designed to increase the ball speed and cover the higher distance with the help of a minimized thickness of the face’s perimeter.
- This fairway wood can be used for every swing type.
- There are loft adjustment features that help in attaining the correct spin.
If you’ve been in the golfing world for a long time, you would know that using the fairway wood is essential for improving the overall gameplay experience. However, if the fairway wood is creating the backspin, it can pose negative impacts on the game. So, that’s the con that you will need to address because other than that, and there are no negative sides of this fairway wood.
5. TaylorMade Men’s M2 Fairway Wood
A Taylor-made M2 fairway wood offers a stiff flex and 15-degree loft that is perfect for your weekend links game and strong enough to get the job done in tournaments too.
The head is made with carbon composite material, so you know they will withstand plenty of wear and tear on any course, including the most extreme courses like the Pebble Beach Golf Links (home of this year’s US Open).
New exterior materials make these clubs look sharper than ever, and the carbon composite crown is a new development in that model, but the shaft material of that Fairwood is still graphite,
This fairway wood is perfect for those who like to knock it around and not swing for the fences, and this club puts TaylorMade’s little gramma on easy street with its forgiving trajectory.
Let’s explore some advanced features of that Fairway wood.
- This fairway wood has been designed with the right-hand and left-hand orientation to ensure it has everything to meet the diverse user needs.
- The fairway wood has been designed with the graphite material shaft added to promise elegance, quality, and durability at one time.
- As for the flex, the fairway wood has regular, senor, extra stiff, and stiff options available.
- This fairway wood has been designed with four different configurations, such as 3 Wood HL with 16.5 degrees, 3 Wood with 15 degrees, 5 Wood with 18 degrees, and 5 Wood HL with 21 degrees.
- The fairway wood has a multi-material construction, which defines how it has a carbon composite crown.
- The shaft is designed with graphite, which makes sure that the ball launch is optimal.
- The weight shifting is pretty low, and the spin conditions will be optimized.
- The fairway wood has a shallow head design, which is responsible for improving the playability of the game.
- There is a huge variety of lie angles available.
- The fairway wood has been designed with the arrow 620 ribbed grips to ensure there is no slipping of the Wood.
- There is a real 65 construction, which is another name for durability.
- The fairway wood has been integrated with acoustic technology to make sure there is perfect sound in the shots.
- The fairway wood has M2aTMs impact zone to ensure there is reduced back spinning in your shots
Whenever we are investing in something, we want to make sure that it is perfect. So, when you buy the hundreds of thousand bucks worth of fairway wood, you need something with minimal to zero cons. For all those people, this TaylorMade fairway wood is the apt choice with zero compromises on performance, shots, or durability.
6. Callaway Men’s XR Fairway Wood
This right-handed Callaway Men’s XR Fairway Wood is made of lightweight graphite that feels great in your hands and gives you unrivaled performance. Enjoy the modern look with a sleek matte finish, and enjoy the confidence to swing freely without any hindrance from the clubhead weight or shaft length.
This new Fairway Wood from Callaway makes a face 36% thinner to increase ball speed with 200 rpm less spin; so, you’re guaranteed to have more success with every swing.
This club is the perfect hybrid for those looking to help build their confidence on the fairway.
So, if you’ve been looking for an optimal fairway wood, Callaway will always be there to help you ramp up your game. So, have a look at the features before investing in them!
- The fairway wood has been integrated with right-handed and left-handed orientation for a better playing experience
- The fairway wood has been designed with the graphite shaft because they wanted to ensure durability and excellence
- The fairway wood has been designed with regular and stiff flex options to make sure that it is perfect for beginners and advanced golfers all the same
- The fairway wood has been designed with two configurations, such as 3W with 15-degrees and 5W with 19-degrees
- The fairway wood has been integrated with the forged hyper speed face cup which promises higher ball speed, and also, the forgiveness will be higher
- The face of this fairway wood is 36% thinner as compared to other fairway wood because that’s how the speed will be improved
- The fairway wood ahs 20% lesser center of gravity that increases the versatility while helping cover more distance
- The fairway wood has been integrated with the re-engineered internal standing wave that reduces the spin speed, and the ball speed will increase as well. This configuration promises lower weight
- The fairway wood has been integrated with the redesigned head shape with a higher tow and leading edges
- The Wood has been implanted with the shallow face height for the players who want to optimize the performance and quality of the shots
- The shaft is designed to ensure top-notch speed, and the shaft is designed to offer higher speed and maximum shaft load. The energy transfer from the fairway wood to the ball is top-notch
- The fairway wood has a 16% bigger sweet spot, promised to increase the forgiveness, and the speed
Whenever you are trying to optimize the performance and quality of the shots, you need to ensure that you are using the right fairway wood. This is why it is essential to choose the branded fairway wood, and when it comes down to brand, Callaway is one of the best brands out there. However, you might need to go a little overboard with money because this fairway wood is a bit expensive.
7. Tour Edge Exotics XCG6 Golf Fairway Wood
This handy 4-wood is your go-to club for the shorter shots. It makes a perfect tee shot; long fairway shot off of the grass or deep rough. The Power Grid design tracks through impact, so you are sure to be making solid contact every time!
The three alignment options shape an early draw from any lie without worrying about flipping too much. This unique mix of cutting-edge technology and tradition has made the Exotics series Tour Edge’s line with which they have defined themselves as innovators in years past.
It features boomerang face technology with variable face thickness to choose from according to your preferred style, making it the right choice for you to have in your golf back.
The gear does not make the skill, but the right gear can take you to places you want to go and make your dreams come true. This is your perfect opportunity to have the best possible Golf Fairway wood that would change your experience of golfing, and it will never be the same for you again.
- A no-weld, 15-3-3-3 beta titanium cup face with a high-density steel body and tungsten soleplate for ultimate power and forgiveness.
- 15-3-3-3 beta-titanium cap prides you with all the power and spin on off-center hits to get the right distance.
- Heavy tungsten soleplate with 65% of the total club weight is a perfect combination calculated for optimal moment-of-inertia and reduced club head twisting.
- Cutting-edge, boomerang face technology offers you a variable face thickness to maximize the spring effect from more points.
- It comes with a lifetime warranty and 30-day play guarantee to ensure optimal customer satisfaction.
This is the perfect choice for you to cover distance and get those power shots done. It is a premium option for your golf bag that you just have to get those long-distance shots played with perfection with great feeling and confidence.
8. Callaway Golf Epic Flash Fairway Wood
Callaway’s fairway woods are the perfect blend of forgiveness and precise playability. The Project X PVX graphite shaft has a low kick point for optimal distance and provides a quick, consistent ball flight.
Its graphite shaft technology provides less twisting and faster swing speeds. These fairways will have you feeling like the needle on the dial goin’ up and allows you to execute long power shots easily for one and two.
Each club features TourSpec Blue Grip Technology that provides stability and vibration dampening while playing the game. Let’s explore some advanced features of this fairway wood:
- Whenever you are buying this wood, you will need to consider the hand orientation because this one is only available for the right-handed golfers
- The wood has been integrated with the face flash technology, which has been designed to offer higher distance coverage as well as higher ball speed that optimizes the shots according to the gaming objectives
- As for the face, it’s been designed with 455-forged carpenter steel, topped with the face cup technology that helps the golfers make off-center and on-center hits
- The ball speed will be higher while ensuring the higher distance coverage
- The wood has been integrated with the jailbreak technology and has two internal bars. This configuration helps in putting more impact on the face, which leads to the better ball and shot speed
- The wood has been inculcated with OptiFit hosel that is pretty lightweight and short, responsible for making easier shots
- The golfers will be able to make long-carrying shots with this wood
- The center of gravity is positioned in a way that helps make the shot launch easy and high as well
If you happen to be the golfer who likes to play their golfing shots with the right hand, this Callaway wood will settle perfectly for you. This is because it has zero compromises on design, performance, and durability. So, choose this one, and you will never regret it!
9. Callaway X Hot Fairway Wood
Callaway X HOT Fairway Wood is a versatile and lightweight golf club that’ll help you to meet every challenge, especially those tricky ones on long fairways or tight congestion around the green.
Go for extra distance by launching off the tee and maneuvering through sand traps while still achieving great control in maintaining an accurate trajectory when clearer shots aren’t available to you.
This wood has a size three women’s flex which is perfect for crushing wedges. It’s crafted for the toughest woman in golf and is equipped to help them conquer any course.
The X HOT Fairway Wood also boasts one of the most precise centers of gravity locations in golf history.
This X Hot Fairy Wood product review would not be complete without mentioning its speed—a whopping 12 mph off the clubface. The versatility, precision, and incline will make this fairway wood an absolute game-changer on courses everywhere.
Let’s take a closer look at its unique features!
- The fairway wood is available in left-handed and right-handed orientation in the fairway wood.
- The fairway wood has been integrated with the graphite shaft that not only increases the performance of the shots, but it also positively impacts the durability.
- As for the flex, the fairway wood has been designed with regular and stiff flex to make sure it is optimal for beginners, intermediate, and advanced golfers all the same.
- The fairway wood has been designed with 3W and 5W configuration with 15-degrees and 19-degrees, respectively.
- The fairway wood has been integrated with the forged speed frame face cup that helps increase the ball speed.
- The distance coverage will be pretty long and consistent.
- The face cup is constructed from the 455-carpenter steel that’s added to ensure higher strength for better ball speed.
- The fairway wood has been integrated with the modern warbird sole that ensures that you are making the dynamic shots.
- There is a huge variety of lie angles available that ought to promise better performance.
- The fairway wood has been inculcated with the heavy weighting element in the head, upfront to the sole from the face.
- The center of gravity is pretty low, which makes sure that there is lower spinning, and also, the trajectory is apt enough to increase the distance covered and improve the ball speed.
- The fairway wood has been integrated with the lightweight project x velocity shaft, which is another name to increase the distance coverage and improved speed.
- The weight projection of this fairway wood is pretty dynamic.
- The fairway wood has been integrated with the progressive roll radius that makes sure that you are able to make higher shots even on the soft land.
- The launch angle of this fairway wood is pretty high that reduces the impact on the clubface while improving the distance coverage.
For everyone who has been looking for a fairway wood, they should probably try the Callaway brand because it has been designed to optimize the performance without compromising on the quality of the shots and distance coverage. So, if you are ready to compromise on the thin clubface, there is everything beneficial added to this fairway wood!
10. Pinemeadow PGX Offset Golf Fairway Woods
The PGX Offset Golf Fairway Woods provides the best of both worlds. With a graphite shaft, this club is built to perform optimally and provide more control than ever before. It has ANTI-SLICE TECHNOLOGY that will give you straighter shots and more forgiveness on mishits.
These versatile, affordable woods are forged from high-quality 431 stainless steel for a long-lasting, reliable golf club. The matte black finish reduces glare that might interfere with your swing or putt.
With seven lofts to choose from, the PGX Series can help you find the perfect fairway wood for your game.
- This fairway wood has been designed in right-hand and left-hand orientation to make sure that everyone can play with it.
- There are multiple sizes available in this Pinemeadow fairway wood, such as 3-wood, 5-wood, 7-wood, 9-wood, 11-wood, 13-wood, and 15-wood, designed to meet different needs of the shot.
- The fairway wood has been integrated with an anti-slice technology, which leads to higher offset values in the clubface. This technology has been around for a few years, but over the past couple of years, it has been receiving the much-needed attention
- The leading of the Wood’s clubface is pretty thin and offset, which is designed to offer more time to make the shots.
- The fairway wood will be able to make long and straight shots.
- The fairway wood has been integrated with the graphite shaft.
- The graphite shaft has been integrated with the stainless steel clubhead that has been the most amazing and reliable combination.
- The fairway wood has been integrated with the headcover that will ensure your fairway wood’s head is safe and protected.
While choosing the fairway wood, you need to ensure that you have reliable wood that helps you make correct shots. For instance, the higher offset value will ensure that you are able to make long and straight shots without compromising on the quality of the shots. However, you might need a little time to choose the correct wood size because there are just too many!
11. Orlimar Golf Escape Fairway Wood
The Orlimar golf escape fairway wood has a shallow face height, making it perfect for those who want more playing distance. It also contains a low centre of gravity feature, so the tee shots are straight and accurate with minimal swaying due to windy conditions.
The best part about this club is how natural it feels when you swing – all thanks to its high MOI design and strong headcover that helps to reduce vibration.
So, if you’ve been looking for the fairway wood, Orlimar has some great opportunities and features waiting for you. In the section below, we have added all the features to help you out!
- This fairway wood has been designed with the right-hand orientation, so it is optimal for the people who play with their right hand
- The fairway wood has been designed with a graphite shaft which is the prime reason for accuracy in the shots
- The fairway wood has been integrated with three different flexes, such as regular, ladies, and senior
- There are multiple configurations available in this fairway wood, such as 3 Wood with 16 Degrees, 11 Wood with 30 Degrees, 13 Wood with 34 Degrees, 15 Wood with 38 Degrees, 5 Wood with 19 Degrees, 7 Wood with 22 Degrees, and 9 Wood with 26 Degrees
- The fairway wood has been integrated with the shallow face height which has become an epitome of better performance and accuracy in the shots
- The fairway wood has a low center of gravity that helps make right and tight shots
- As for the shaft, it is made from the special escape Superlite 60-graphite which is the prime reason of durability
- The fairway wood has an ordinary custom velvet that makes sure that all the excess moisture is absorbed correctly
- The fairway wood has been designed to make high-launch shots and land the ball softly on the green tiers
- The golfers will be able to make confident and accurate shots while being highly comfortable while playing
- The fairway wood has been integrated with a stainless-steel head
While you are trying to upscale your golfing game with accurate and confident shots, this Orlimar fairway wood will be an amazing option that will even help you play softly on the green. Be it from a distance or near the greens, and everything is possible with this fairway wood. However, this is only available for right-handed golfers, so the lefties are out of luck.
12. Callaway Men’s XR 16 Pro Fairway Wood
The Callaway Men’s XR 16 Pro Fairway Wood is the perfect club for all your short game needs! It features a design that will increase ball speed and has forgiving properties that are easier to hit if you have trouble with your fairways.
Now, stop being afraid of your short games because this wood may be the one thing between mastering them and struggling when it comes down to hitting those crucial shots.
The Callaway Men’s XR 16 Pro Fairway Wood is designed to be easy to swing to help eliminate shanks when you make contact with your ball. The lower CG and hotter face make it easier than ever before for you to get up on that tee box and send balls flying all over the green! You won’t even need an excuse for hitting a bad shot anymore because these clubs are just too hot–literally!
This is because this brand has sharpened its saw for better performance. Have a look at the features!
- This fairway wood is available in a right-handed and left-handed orientation that is integral for a diverse golfing experience
- The fairway wood has been integrated with a graphite shaft that is another name for durability and high performance
- This Callaway fairway wood has been integrated with multiple flexes, such as stiff, regular, and extra stiff
- This fairway wood has been designed with different loft angles and to tell you all. It is available in 14-degrees and 16-degrees
- The fairway wood has a higher ball speed, and all the credits go to the hot face cup
- The fairway wood has been integrated with the forged hyper speed face cup which is pretty thin and hot
- The fairway wood is designed to ensure a lower spinning rate
- The fairway wood has a huge sweet spot, promising higher forgiveness level for the beginners
- This Wood has been integrated with a higher MOI value that’s been added to make shots easier to hit
- The fairway wood has a thin crown that’s responsible for weight movement, accrediting to the compact head shape
- The fairway wood’s head has an aerodynamic shape which is responsible for better speed, and the golfers have been enjoying the crazy ball speed
With each passing day, people are becoming more and more aware of their health, and they want to do better things for it. This is the prime reason that golfers are increasing in number because people can improve their health with golf. So, this fairway wood is an apt choice for everyone who has been looking for ways to optimize their gameplay performance in the world of golf.
13. Callaway Men’s Big Bertha Fairway Woods
Fairways can be a jungle for beginners. But now you’re the king of the fairway with Big Bertha V Series Fairway Woods from Callaway!
The Callaway Men’s Big Bertha Fairway Wood maximizes speed for some of the most powerful swings imaginable. The Modern Warbird Soleplate is razor-sharp, so you don’t have to worry about slicing any shots off course while simultaneously providing more stability for those crucial drives down fairways or into tight pin positions deep in the rough.
More importantly, this product is designed with high launch specifications built right into it: meaning that your balls will carry far and high thanks to our revolutionary design!
So, if you’ve been looking for the Callaway fairway wood, this Big Berth wood will be an apt choice!
- This fairway wood has been made available with right-handed and left-handed orientation for the diverse playing experience
- The fairway wood has been integrated with the graphite shafts that are the epitome of durability and sophistication
- The fairway wood has been incorporated with the regular and stiff flex options
- When it comes down to the wood configuration, there are three options available; 3-wood with 15 degrees, 5-wood with 18-degrees, and 7-wood with 21-degrees
- The fairway wood has been integrated with the hyper-speed faceTM cup which is way thinner and lighter
- The fairway wood has been inculcated with the 455-carpenter steel face cup, leading to precision in the shot
- The Wood has been integrated with an advanced yet adjustable hosel for better performance
- The fairway wood has been integrated with the improved internal standing wave, which is the name of the lower center of gravity
- The low center of gravity is an amazing way of making consistent launches
- The spin speed will be reduced, and also, the golfers will be able to cover extended distance across the face
- The fairway wood has been designed to increase the playability of the shots, accrediting to the 455-carpenter steel face
- The golfers will be able to adjust the hosel; they can decrease or increase the loft in one-degree increments as it will optimize the spin and launch angle. In addition, you can adjust the bias that helps optimize the shape of the shots
- The golfers will be able to increase the distance coverage without cutting off the accuracy
- The golfers will be able to play off the tee
- This fairway wood has been integrated with the energy transfer features
- The players will be able to make consistent and smooth shots while ensuring the higher launch of the shots
When you are trying to look for the perfect fairway wood, it is better to try the branded products because they offer a warranty for quality and performance. So, this Callaway big bertha will sit perfectly to meet your golfing needs, irrespective of the skillset and performance needs. Just invest in this fairway wood, and you will be ready to ace it all.
14. Callaway Golf Men’s Great Big Bertha Epic Fairway Wood
This Callaway Golf 2017 Men’s Great Big Bertha Epic Driver is for those who want to get back to basics or someone else who likes simplifying. Streamlined head with eight-way adjustability means you drive the ball up and over while increasing your game’s score.
The perfect combination of Titanium exo-cag along with an eight-way adjustable loft lets you customize this driver to fits your needs exactly, which means no more being stuck in a rut about what club to hit. With an innovative combo of Titanium and 8way adjustability, this one is sure not to miss its mark!
In the section below, we have added the salient features that have been added to this fairway wood. So, have a look!
- The fairway wood has been integrated with the right-handed and left-handed orientation because they want everyone to enjoy the perk
- As far as the flex is concerned, the people will be able to get their hands on multiple flexes because this fairway wood has regular, stiff, and senior flex available
- When you are looking for the fairway wood, choosing the right wood configuration is essential, and this one has been integrated with four different options, such as Heavenwood with 20.5 Degrees, 3 Wood with 15 Degrees, 5 Wood with 18 Degrees, and 3+ Wood with 14 Degrees
- The fairway wood has been designed with the ultra-light triaxle carbon crown as its much more lightweight as compared to the steel
- The fairway wood has a higher MOI value to ensure the accuracy in the shots
- The fairway wood has a lower center of gravity value, promising added strength to the shots and the launch is easier
- The Wood has been designed with the hyper-speed face cup because it tends to be more efficient when it comes down to increasing the ball speed
- The golfers will be able to increase the distance coverage even if you ought to play the mishits
- The fairway wood has been integrated with the speed step technology to ensure fast head speed
- There is direct input from the experts, accrediting to the improved aerodynamics, leading to higher distance coverage and faster swing speed
- There is a huge variety available when it concerns the loft angles to ensure you are able to outline top-notch performance scale
Before you decide to become a golfer, you need to ensure that you’ve enough money in your pocket because the fairway woods can be pretty hard on the pockets. So, if you are trying to become a golfer, this Callaway fairway wood will be an amazing option out there. As for performance and quality, there are no drawbacks there.
15. Founders Club Fresh Metal Golf Clubs Fairway Woods
Do you have any head issues? Well, that’s not a problem for this fabulous golf club set. With its own custom flex graphite shaft and half cord grip, it’ll support your swings with ease no matter what the shape of your head is!
Make up your mind right now because you should always expect quality products from discoveries like Founders Club Fresh Metal Golf Clubs Fairway Woods with Graphite Shaft and Head.
The regular length will be perfect for those who prefer something slightly shorter than a driver but don’t want to lose out on distance, so give them a go today!
- This might be the most vigilant thing about this fairway wood, but to tell you all, it has loft angles, such as 15 Degrees, 18 Degrees. 21 Degrees, 24 Degrees, 27 Degrees, 30 Degrees, 33.0 Degrees, and 36.0 Degrees
- The fairway wood has been integrated with the regular and senior flex
- The fairway wood has been integrated with an offset designed, promising the increased control over the shots
- There is a graphite shaft in the fairway responsible for adding the low torque, so you can make top-notch shots
- As for the grip, it has been integrated with the dual material to ensure higher durability and improved grips
- The fairway wood has been integrated with the matching headcover to ensure that your Wood’s head remains safe when you aren’t playing
When choosing the fairway wood, you need to ensure that you are choosing the right brand because it will directly impact the quality and overall performance of the shots. So, it is always advised to go for reputable brands. However, this brand, Founders, is new in the market, and that is the only con adhered to it.
This is because people don’t tend to trust this brand, but as far as the performance and quality are concerned, one needs to choose this fairway wood. This is because no matter if this brand is new or old, it has managed to pull top-notch performance and durability in this fairway wood.
Buying Guide – Best 3 Wood for High handicapperood
Choosing the right equipment is essential for every sport out there simply because it directly impacts how you make the moves and what quality they endure. This might be essential to every sport out there when we are talking about golf; choosing the fairway wood is even more essential.
This is because your choice of a fairway wood or other golf club will directly impact the quality of the shots. However, with the plethora of options in the market, choosing one option can be pretty hard.
It can be seen by the fact that all the golfing enthusiasts appreciate the importance of the right fairway wood. Choosing the right fairway wood is essential for another reason.
This is because people tend to spend an entire day literally on the golf court, but they are never actually able to enjoy the experience simply because they choose to use the wrong woods. Some of those golfers have spent hundreds and thousands of dollars on the fairway wood.
With all this information, it is pretty evident that the final choice of the fairway wood will impact the gaming and golfing experience. So, for all such people, we have developed this buying guide.
In this buying guide, we have added a wide range of factors that you need to consider while choosing the fairway wood. It’s needless to say that you need to consider all these factors while buying the fairway wood because it’s essential for an effective golfing experience. So, let’s have a look at the factors!
While you are talking about golf, there are multiple angles that you need to talk about. For instance, there is a loft, which is the angle of the clubface, which helps control the distance coverage as well as the trajectory of the ball.
For instance, if the fairway wood has a higher loft angle, the trajectory of the ball will be enhanced, and the distance covered will be lower. It is needless to say that the fairway woods tend to have usually higher loft angles as compared to other clubs and drivers.
The 3-wood has a loft angle ranging from 15-degrees to 18-degrees. However, the 5-wood fairway tends to have loft angles ranging from 20-degrees to 22-degrees. If the number of the club is higher, the loft angle will be higher as well.
All in all, it is important to understand that the fairway woods numbered 7, 9, 11, and so on are usually named the utility woods. The majority of the fairway woods available in the golfing market are subjected to higher adjustability.
This adjustability can be seen in the weight as well as the hosels. These adjustments can be developed by removing or adding the screws in the heels. These screws are responsible for connecting the clubhead to the shaft.
The adjustments are increased or decreased by four to five degrees. Once you have changed the loft angle, the lie angle will change as well. The lie angle is defined as the angle of the shaft for connecting the shot to the ground.
Once you change the lie angle, the horizontal ball flight will change as well. There are some adjustable hosels in the fairway woods that are responsible for changing the lot angles all on their own.
So, do consider this fact without you start buying the adjustable fairway wood. The prime aim of using these adjustable woods is ball flight optimization without compromising on the lie, loft, or overall performance of the shots.
You might not understand this, but when it comes to the fairway woods or any other golf club, it is highly integral to consider the length. The length of the fairway wood will be dependent on the height of the person.
If the golf club number is higher, the shaft length of the club will be short. It is essential to understand that 3-wood is the longest fairway wood out there because it is lengthened from 42 to 43 inches.
In contrast, the 5-wood tends to have length measurements ranging from from41 to 2 inches. Even more, the 7-wood will have length measurements of 40 to 41 inches.
These numbers of inches can go higher or lower with the golf equipment manufacturing companies. Be it the Callaway or Cobra, Orlimar, or Pinemeadow, and every company has its standard measurements when it comes down to the length of the fairway wood.
The prime aim behind the utilization and designing of the fairway woods is the higher distance coverage. Even more, they are designed to be more lightweight. This is the prime reason that golf equipment manufacturers tend to use the graphite shafts in the fairway woods because they are designed to increase the swing speed. The higher swing speed is majorly responsible for adding significant numbers of yardage to the shots.
However, some people are also using steel shafts because they intend to design the fairway woods for senior players. The steep shaft provides higher accuracy in the shots. But you need to consider the fact that steel shafts can impact distance coverage. If you aren’t sure about your skills, you can always choose the graphite shafts. That’s because it is always a safer choice, but still, there are way many options to choose from.
If you are trying to choose the right fairway wood, you need to understand that if you want to increase the speed of the clubhead, the flex should be even stiffer. However, if your clubhead swinging speed ranges from 80mph to 95mph, the regular flex will do just fine. The fairway woods are designed primarily to increase the distance coverage, but it also tends to reduce the control over the shots by a few degrees.
Material & Size
There isn’t one standard material when it comes down to the construction of fairway wood. However, there are three different materials that are majorly used for the construction of fairway wood.
For instance, the most common material is stainless steel because it tends to be cheap without compromising on the strength level. In addition, titanium material is used when you are trying to create or manufacture a huge fairway wood.
The titanium material tends to be lightweight, and the best thing about this material is that the center of gravity can be pushed down. These factors help put the ball in the air more easily.
Some manufacturers used titanium to create a thin face as it helps in covering higher distances. There are also some fairway woods that are designed with composite material. The composite material is usually the integration of steel and titanium because this mixture tends to be extra lightweight.
The lightweight feature of the fairway wood will help in placing the weight around the clubhead’s perimeter. This tends to reduce the twisting of the off-center hits. In the section below, we have added a summary of three majorly used materials for the fairway wood construction. So, have a look, and you will be able to decide what material will settle with you!
The steel construction is usually used in the heads because they aren’t too large. The steel construction is responsible for adding higher forgiveness levels without compromising the strength. The best part is that steel can be easy on the pocket.
Titanium is the premium and one of the most expensive materials out there. This is majorly used for its lightweight features but also helps in increasing the size of the clubhead. The manufacturers can create thin faces with titanium, which helps them lower the center of gravity and also helps increase the forgiveness level.
In the past few years, the manufacturers have been experimenting with the materials, and that’s how they came up with the composite. There are high chances that the crowns are being manufactured with carbon because it tends to reduce the weight and perimeter weighting as well. These factors will eventually help in increasing the forgiveness level without compromising the position weight.
From The Tee
As we have already mentioned that the fairway woods are designed to offer a higher loft angle as compared to the drivers. This is because the shots will be easier to hit with, and there will be higher accuracy in the shots. If you are using the right 3-wood fairway wood, you will be able to make extra loft, leading to higher forgiveness and easy energy transfer.
From The Fairway
While choosing the fairway wood, you need to be considerate about the actual reason for you to choose the fairway wood. Majorly, people use the fairway woods for higher distance coverage, but some of them use it to approach the shots into the green as well. However, if you are trying to play into the green, you need to have a higher loft angle because it initiates and slows down the shots.
Hit Par Fives In Two
There are always some holes that can be pretty hard to shot with. For that purpose, one needs to choose the long fairway wood and the shallow clubhead. This is because a lower head profile will make it easy for you to hit the tight holes.
Once you are down with the consideration of other factors, you highly need to think about the adjustability features. These adjustability features will optimize and personalize the golfing experience. Majorly, the adjustability features are contained to the weight and height of the fairway wood.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How Many Types Of Adjustability Are Delivered In Fairway Woods?
Adjustability in fairway woods is not too prominent as drivers, but some brands do provide some types of customization in their woods. There are usually three different adjustability types in woods: moveable weight, loft, and face angle.
You can transform the wood’s loft by using an adjustable hosel. The golfers remove the head and reposition it on the club’s shaft in the preferred loft setting. By using this technique, you can increase or decrease the loft by 1 to 3 degrees. The lie will also be affected. There are many adjustable hosels obtainable in the market that permits you to modify the loft angle without manipulating the lie, so you should consider buying them.
The club should offer you a customized weight feature to manipulate the “CG” positioning. It is more prevalent in drivers than woods, but various companies do manufacture them. Changing the weight location will have a significant impact on “CG.” As a result, it will have a considerable effect on forgiveness, distance, and flight trajectory.
Face angle is the club’s face angle. If it is entirely perpendicular to the ball, then we will call it “squared angle.” Some woods are equipped with soles that make them sit square behind the ball, helping the player align the clubhead accurately. Face angle adjustment can have a massive influence on the ball flight. If you tend to slice the ball, a closed clubface can be very helpful for you. However, the open face can be useful with hook inclinations.
2. Should I Use The Best 3 Wood For A High Handicapper?
Yes, they should utilize them because they are designed to improve your game. As a high-handicapper, if you want to see improvements in your performance, you must know where and when you should use the wood. You will witness a great distance off the tee with your 3 wood because of its lower “CG.” It will help you launch the ball higher into the air than with a driver. High-handicappers can use woods designed for beginners because both have a slower swing speed.
3. As A High-Handicapper, How Many Woods Should I Carry In My Bag?
You can carry 1 to 3 woods in your bag. It is vital to have wood as an alternative for a driver. If you carry more than one, it would be good because you will be able to earn more success in your game. Many golfers find it easier to hit the hybrids than woods, so they have an additional hybrid in the bag.
4. Is 3 Wood Difficult To Hit?
Yes, it is hard to hit because it does not feature much loft. High lofted clubs are more comfortable to hit and more forgiving as well. The 3 wood will have 15 degrees of loft, and drivers have at least 12 degrees of loft. You won’t observe much difference when you strike the ball from the fairway with a wood or a driver. The best 3 wood for high handicappers has become tremendously more comfortable to hit in the last few years. They flaunt lower “CG” and higher launch.
5. What Is The Best 3 Wood For A High Handicapper?
Callaway Men’s Big Bertha Alpha 815 Fairway Wood and TaylorMade M2 Men’s Fairway Wood are the best fairway woods for high handicappers. Both woods are forgiving and super-lightweight.
6. Who Is An Average Golf Player?
If you shoot more than 90 on a par 72 golf course, you will be considered an average golfer. They are also known as high handicappers. If you hit 80 or 90, then you are a mid-handicapper. However, if you shoot less than 80, then you are a low handicapper. If you belong to any of these groups, you should look for various fairway wood features. Newbies can take advantage of clubs that are intended for low handicappers.
7. What Is The Perfect Shaft Flex For High Handicappers?
If you are a high handicapper, regular shaft flex is a perfect option as it will produce more speed and keep the ball in the air straighter. When you know which wood you need, you will need to determine what shaft is suitable for you. This consideration is mandatory because it will have an immense impact on your shot shape. A firm shaft will offer you low shots that slice easily, and a softer shaft will hook the ball. Therefore, you should determine your swing speed; otherwise, find out how far your ball drives.
If it drives under 200 yards, your swing speed is 90 mph, and you need to buy a senior or ladies shaft. If it goes between 200 to 240 yards, your swing speed is 80 to 90 mph, and you need a regular shaft. If it drives between 240 to 275 yards, your swing speed will be 90 to 100 mph, so that a stiff shaft would be an optimal choice. Ultimately, if your ball drives 275 yards, your swing speed is 100 mph, so you should acquire an extra stiff shaft. It is vital to pick the perfect shaft based on your swing speed because it will offer you more control and distance.
8. Which Companies Produce The Best 3 Wood For High Handicaps?
9. If I Shoot 100, What Is My Golf Handicap?
Golfers who shoot 100, their handicap is 28.
10. What Is A Moderate Handicap?
If you have a handicap between 11 and 20, you are a skilled golfer with a mid-handicap. It means you can shoot 80 in each round and break 90 in the other round.
The Bottom Line
Golf is an amazing sport out there, and while you are trying to improve your performance and quality of the shots, fairway woods will help you out. This is because fairway woods will help you attain a higher distance coverage. With this article, we have added a wide range of fairway woods from different manufacturers to ensure that you’ve options out there. Also, we have lined out the buying guide to help you with what important points you need to consider while choosing the best fairway wood out there. So, best of luck!