The putter is a golf club used to propel a ball from the ground into the air and towards a hole. A putter’s shaft is typically shorter than that of other clubs, with its head being much larger.
The large size provides more impact per swing, which gives it an advantage for players who have trouble hitting balls off the tee or fairway because they are not close enough to them to use another club.
Putters also have a long handle so players can grip them without interference from their lead arm while putting. This long handle also helps provide better control over where shots go when made by providing extra leverage.
There are many types of putters on the market today, starting at various price points and quality.
You need to choose the best putter for beginners. So, in this article, we have outlined some top options integrated with top-notch features and brand names. Have a look!
List of Top 15 Best Putter For Beginners
|Top||S7K Standing Putter for Men and Women –Stand Up Golf Putter for Perfect Alignment –Legal for Tournament Play –Eliminate 3-Putts (Left)||Check Price|
|TaylorMade Golf Spider X Putter, Copper/White, #7 Hosel, Left Hand, 35"||Check Price|
|TaylorMade 2018 Spider Interactive Putter (SuperStroke, L Neck, Right Hand, with Sightline, 33 Inches)||Check Price|
|Callaway Odyssey White Hot Pro 2.0 Black Rossie Putter (Left Hand, Steel, #1, Jumbo Grip, 33' Length)||Check Price|
|Cleveland Golf Huntington Beach SOFT Putter #11 33", Right Hand||Check Price|
|Callaway mens Odyssey Stroke Lab Versa Putter Black (Right Hand, 34", #7, Oversized Grip)||Check Price|
|TaylorMade Golf Spider X Putter, Copper, #3 Hosel, Left Hand, 34"||Check Price|
|Odyssey Red Ball Putter (Left Hand, 33 inches)||Check Price|
|TaylorMade 2018 Spider Interactive Putter (SuperStroke, Double Bend, Left Hand, with Sightline, 33 Inches)||Check Price|
|TaylorMade Golf TP Patina DelMonte Putter SS Rh 35IN||Check Price|
|Odyssey Exo Indianapolis S Putter (Right Hand, Steel S, SS 2.0 Grip), Size 35||Check Price|
|Odyssey Red Ball Putter (Left Hand, 35 inches)||Check Price|
|TaylorMade 2018 TP Black Copper Collection (Ardmore 3 Putter, SuperStroke, Right Hand, 34 Inches)||Check Price|
|Odyssey Golf 2021 Ten Putter||Check Price|
|Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Putter (Left, 33", Bird of Prey, Oversize Grip)||Check Price|
1- S7K Standing Putter for Men and Women – Putters for beginners
If you’ve been looking for a putter, this is an authentic choice integrated with high-end features. This putter is available for the leftie golfers out there since there is a left-hand orientation.
However, if you need to make shots as a right-handed golfer, you will need to pay a higher price for right-hand orientation. The putter has an excellent forward and behind alignment.
The golfers will be able to make consistent solid putts with this putter. Also, we have outlined the features of this putter below;
- This putter is available for left-handed golfers, so if you are a beginner with leftie orientation, it’s a top-notch choice
- The putter is available in right-handed orientation as well, but you will need to pay a higher price for it
- The golfers can check the alignment of the putter by setting it up and going behind to check the behind-alignment
- There is a self-standing feature in the putter that promises that you can play the shots on imperfect grass surfaces and uneven lies
- The putter has been integrated with the drains to ensure you can make higher putters all over the greens
- There is a perfect setup built, so you can set it up and make strokes without having to adjust the angle or shaft
- The impact strikes are perfect and are responsible for making consistent solid putts while increasing confidence over the shots
- There is an ultra-light grip in the putter which helps enhance distance control and speed
- The shaft will transfer feedback on the hand, to ensure there is buttery feel when you play the shots
- There is a sweet sound at the impact
For everyone who has been trying to make short-distance shots and strokes and has been failing, this putter is one top-notch option out there. There are no compromises on sound and feel, and there are putts. However, you might need to work on different prices, so stay put about that!
2- TaylorMade Golf Spider X Putter – Best Putters of All Time
The Spider X Putter from TaylorMade Golf is a technologically advanced putter that provides better accuracy, speed, and distance control. Like an oversized blade patterned club head with a beefy hosel, this putter will reduce all sorts of excessive spin-through features.
The Counterbalances Hosel Technology of this putter reduces backspin by fifteen percent. Its Insane Pivot Technology delivers excellent stability for increased sweep angle.
It offers biomechanical benefits to those who tend to lean toward using their wrists instead of hands as they make contacts (called “helicopter putting”), such as improved oblique muscle balance and better pelvic rotation.
Additionally, it also has wind-resistant markings on the face to improve aim in gusty conditions. We have elaborated all the features, pros, and cons of the golf putter in the section below!
- The putter has been designed with right-handed as well as left-handed orientation to ensure every beginner can make the shots
- The putter is designed with different shaft lengths, such as 34 inches, 35 inches, and 33 inches to ensure proper shots and height of the shots
- The putter is integrated with the advanced spider X technology that is responsible for achieving stability in the shots
- The mass has been re-engineered to ensure shots have proper alignment, along with the true path alignment system
- The putter is integrated with a redesigned head, constructed in a steel frame which is responsible for minimizing the twisting
- The putter has a high forgiveness level, given the fact that there is a huge clubhead out there
- The putter is designed with a branded name
- The golfers can improve the putting while adding accuracy in shots
- The putters are designed with 320g frame to ensure there is optimal perimeter weighting
Golfers need to work on the accuracy and alignment of the shots because that’s how the golfing game works, right? In this case, you need to choose the right putter. This putter is a suitable choice because it has a brand name, and the topping point is that there are no cons adhered to it. So, choose this putter if you want accurate and aligned shots.
3- TaylorMade Golf Prior Generation Spider Putters – Best TaylorMade putter for beginners
TaylorMade has always been on the cutting edge of golf, but they did it with the putters this time. These putters are easy to line up and provide an amazing feel while playing.
You can get really good control over your game with these, which is what every golfer wants! They come in 3 different styles, so everyone will be able to find one for them, even if you’re starting.
The chrome body of these putters will also enhance the outlook of your clubs on the golf course. Discover more about TaylorMade Golf Prior Generation (2017) Spider Putters before you buy.
- The putter has a right-handed and left-handed orientation to ensure this putter can be used by every beginner golfer out there
- As far as the shaft length is concerned, this putter is available in 34 inches and 35 inches option
- When it comes to putters, you need to think about the style name and this putter is designed with Tour Red w/ Sightline, Tour Platinum, Tour Black, and Tour Red to meet the demands of different golfers
- The putter is available in standard shaft style type which settles perfectly for the beginners and high-handicappers all the same
- The putter has been designed with the tour chrome body which not only induces the confidence, but you will be able to connect emotionally with the putter
- The putter is designed with weight repositioning around the extremities which not only enhances the moment of inertia, but stability is involved as well
- The putter is integrated with the seamless top crown and a single sightline which is responsible for making consistent alignment
- The putter has a milled gunmetal pure roll insert which promises forward roll all across the face
- The putter is injected with the dampening PU foam in frame and body that not only promises consistent feel and sound, but vibrations will be dampened as well
There always comes a time when beginners feel that their game is not as it is supposed to be. This is usually because they aren’t able to work up the consistent and confident shots. So, for everyone out there, this putter from TaylorMade is one high-end choice for higher consistency and confidence in the shots. However, the grip isn’t sturdy enough, so you might struggle with distance control and control over the shots.
4- Odyssey White Hot Pro 2.0 Putter – Best Odyssey Putter Ever
Walk the course smarter, not harder. Play all 18 holes a little better with Odyssey white hot PRO 2.0 putter from Callaway. This Superb putter provides iron play and titanium response inserts for a buttery-soft feel on every stroke while you propel it to its new personal bests in distance control and accuracy.
Odyssey Putter guarantees the optimal balance of both hand orientation and club size and provides superior performance from your first swing after changing to it from any other model of putters out there on the market today.
This putter has been impregnated with a white-hot insert that optimizes the highest standards of performance, feels, and sound. In addition, we have outlined the insights about this putter, so have a look at the features!
- The putter has been designed with a right-handed and left-handed orientation which promises that everyone can make their shots
- The putter is available in different shaft lengths, such as 33 inches, 34 inches, and 35 inches, promising perfect angle of the shots
- When it comes down to the shaft style, the putter has been designed with multiple options, such as #1, Rossie, #3, #5, and V-Line
- The putter has a jumbo grip shaft style type which makes it suitable for men golfers
- There is a re-engineered white hot insert to ensure there are no compromises on performance, sound, and feel
- There is a laser milling insert cutting process integrated into the putter which makes it optimal to take the mishits and optimize consistent performance
- There is a heel/toe weight replacement in the putter which not only helps increase the responsiveness but forgiveness as well
- The putter has been integrated with multiple alignment aids that optimize the stroke consistency and increases the accuracy as well
Golf has managed to captivate the attention of multiple people, irrespective of gender. In the same vein, if you’ve been looking for a putter that helps you optimize the shots and integrate consistency in the shots, this putter is a suitable choice. There are alignment aids, so you can achieve the target without compromising on responsiveness or forgiveness.
5- Cleveland Golf 2019 Huntington Beach SOFT Putter
The Huntington Beach SOFT putter is a stylish weapon of choice for people serious about face planting their buddies on the course. It features Cleveland Golf’s most advanced weighted perimeter heel design, making it incredibly easy to contact your ball.
Boasting one of the most durable grip materials available, the Huntington Beach SOFT putter won’t easily buckle under pressure or melt into a sweaty mess with heat. Its smooth swing lines ensure that you’ll never be denied that perfect completion ever again.
The putter has a diamond CNC milling that softens the feel of the shots. This is a complete putter that has been integrated with the following features because you need to have proper information without investing in golf equipment!
- The putter has been designed with right-handed as well as left-handed orientation to ensure there are compromises on the availability
- The putter has been designed in different shaft lengths, such as 33 inches, 34 inches, and 35 inches, promising perfection in the angle of the shots
- The putter has been integrated with the speed optimized face technology, responsible for development consistent distance coverage and there are no mishits
- There is a diamond CNC milling pattern in the putter, along with deep grooves which optimizes the true roll and feel will the soft
- The center of gravity location has been optimized with the weight distribution feature to ensure there are higher stability and solid feel in the shots
- The putter is available in different tour-proven shapes which makes sure you make the shots that suit your skill and style
If you are a golfer and want to make consistent shots without compromising on the feel and sound of the shots, you need to choose the right putter. So, Cleveland has got you covered with their amazing putter, and it has managed to outcast all cheap ones in the market. However, there are chances that you might need to loosen the pocket, but the performance will be worth it, so it’s a win-win situation!
6- Odyssey Stroke Lab Versa Putter – Best Putter Under 200
The Odyssey Stroke Lab Versa Putter has an engineered profile scientifically designed to promote a straighter, more consistent stroke. This putter is crafted with a 2-way sliding weighing system utilizing heavier stainless steel in the heel for higher MOI at tempo and lighter aluminum in the toe area for lower MOI off-center to facilitate player alignment and stability through impact.
Whether you prefer feathery greenside shots or driving from bonds, you’ll appreciate the geometry of this precision head design as it ensures your shots fire down your target line no matter what trajectory they’re on.
It’s made from premium materials like aerospace-grade alloy metals not used by any other company worldwide, manufacturer guarantee superior feel and accuracy even with frequent use.”
Have a look at the features, then so you have a clear idea of what you are investing in!
- The putter has been designed with the right-handed and left-handed orientation which means it’s suitable for every beginner golfer out there
- The putter is available in different shaft lengths, such as 33 inches, 34 inches, and 35 inches to ensure there are no compromises on the angle
- The putter is designed with different shaft style types, such as #1, #7, #9, 2-ball, double wine, Marxman, r-ball, v-line, and much more
- The putter has been integrated with the oversized grip, along with pistol grip to ensure it fits everyone’s hands easily
- The putter is designed with proper weight distribution methods to ensure there are proper dynamics in the shots and strokes
- The putter has a steel shaft and tip-heavy graphite which is helpful in controlling the performance dynamics
- The shaft has been designed in stiff shape and the torque will be lower to ensure better control over the shots
- There is additional weight in the butt-end and sole to ensure there are smooth and accurate strokes
- The putter is promised to provide consistency in the shots
- There are white-hot feel in the putter, integrated with micro hinges across the face to ensure there is optimal distance control and rolling is smooth
- The golfers will be able to optimize the topspin
Golfers are one of the most amazing people out there. So, for everyone out there, this putter is a suitable choice with consistent shots and smooth-rolling. In addition, distance control is perfect, but you need to consider the heavy head because it can be hard for some people to handle it!
7- TaylorMade Golf Spider X Putter, Copper, #3 Hosel
If you are looking for accuracy in your golf shots, then try this TaylorMade Spider X Putter. This is lightweight and unideal-flex to provide swift bounce into play.
This right-handed putter has a 3-degree loft which works well for beginner players struggling with swing height. Its great grip comes standard to help you through it all, so spend less time worrying about small errors.
Its offset hosel angle creates the second center of gravity near hands, improving stability, precluding twisting or spinning putting strokes, ensuring consistency every time!
So, let’s see what this golf putter has to offer because they have been integrated with the following features!
- The putter has a left-handed and right-handed orientation to make sure every golfer can make the shots
- The putter has different shaft lengths available, such as 33 inches, 34 inches, 35 inches, which means there will be zero adverse impact on shots and angle
- There is a spider x technology in the putter which is a great way of optimizing the alignment and stability in the shots
- The putter is integrated with the mass properties in the head which ensures there are no compromises on the head weighting
- The putter is integrated with increased stability, topped with a redesigned head in a steel frame which makes sure there is no twisting
- There is a new true path alignment system that helps improve the accuracy in putting and achieve the target
- There is a 320g frame with perimeter weighting to ensure there is proper stability
- There are redesigned weight ports in the putter which helps enhance the feel of the shots
Golf is an amazing sport, and it has been exponential in popularity in the past few years. With this notion, the demand for putters has increased, and multiple brands have started offering them. So, this putter is a high-end choice, and the best part is that there will be no twisting, and proper head weighting will be involved.
8- Odyssey Red Ball Putter – Best Putters of All Time
Odyssey’s Red Ball Putter is left-handed, meaning it will be more natural and comfortable to hold with your dominant hand, which will increase grip assistance from the shaft.
A contains only one pound weight, and the lightweight distribution is key to any successful swing.
The Callaway putters focus on delivering exceptional performance through top-notch craftsmanship and innovation in technology.
There is a 3.5-degree torque angle that enhances the consistency of the shots. The putter has a lime color, which makes it look captivating on the golf course.
In addition, there is a tapered wall that enhances the performance scale. These things will be managed and maintained because the manufacturers have added the following features in the putter;
- The putter has been designed with the regular flex, making it suitable for beginners and intermediate golfers
- The tip size is 0.335” that clearly shows that it’s perfect for honing the shots and touch the ball
- The putter has a torque angle of 3.5-degrees which has positive impacts on the consistency of the shots
- As far as the launch angle is concerned, it’s low-mid
- It has a lime color outlook which looks pretty fresh for the sunny golf court
- The putter is promised to provide the uniform feel
- The putter has been constructed with a constant taper wall thickness design that promises consistency in the performance
- The constant taper design will help eliminate the inconsistent flex zones and dead spots from the shot
- The NV Line promises zero compromises on the consistency
- There is micro laminate technology that not only leads to optimal flex and power is enhanced as well
- The putter has a very slim design which optimizes the stable profile
Well, there are some downsides in everything, but one must focus on the positive sides if one intends on gaining the right performance scales. With this putter, you will be able to make shots that play off the tee, and also, there are zero compromises on the power and flex. All in all, this putter really ramps up the confidence.
9- TaylorMade Golf 2018 Spider Putters – Best Taylormade Putters
The TaylorMade 2018 Spider Interactive Putter is the first smart putter on the market. The chip tracks distance, accuracy, and consistency. No matter how you’re pitching around your green, this putter will calculate it out for you.
It features a full-length Hosel which promotes accuracy, enhanced feel, and more consistent distance control than any other putter.
It also has onboard intelligence such as mesh-backed Smart Cable management to reduce drag by 10%, Z2N+ material for stability on impact, and included charging cable with USB port.
So whatever you’re waiting on the sidelines for, this next-generation touch screen smart putty will provide so many benefits you’ll wonder what took so long!
- This putter truly feels like the high-end options and people have been praising the features already
- The golfers will be able to make accurate shots with it
- There are low-spin features that empower the players to optimize the consistent shots
- The putter has strong stability in the shots
- There is a laser-like low launch feature in the putter that helps golfers make smooth shots
- The putter has a very sleek yet highly modest outlook
- The flex profile of this putter is extremely smooth
- The load and release factor are pretty significant
- The players will be able to make consistent and smooth shots
- This putter is more user-friendly
- The putter has been designed with the easier launch in the air
- There are easy to control factors in the putter
- The golfers can easily attain the spin under 2k with this putter
TaylorMade has really managed to ramp up the game with this putter and to be honest, and every smooth player is in love with this putter. If you are the player who wants to add some action to their swing game and ramp the launch scale, this putter is the way to go. All in all, you will be able to make professional shots with this putter even if you are a beginner to the game!
10- TaylorMade Golf TP Patina Del Monte Putter – Best putter for beginner
The TaylorMade Golf TP Patina Del Monte Putter is a four-way putt stable, low-profile aluminum head. The uniflex shaft and steel material help give this club forgiveness and control.
The lightweight design of this putter ensures easy maneuverability. The putter is designed with right-handed and left-handed orientation. In addition, there are different flex options that optimize the flexibility of the shots. There are multiple configurations available that outline the shape of the shots.
The ball speed will be improved with this putter, given the forged hyper speed face cup. They have come up with this putter that’s been integrated with the following features;
- The putter is available in left-hand and right-hand orientation so that everyone can play at their best
- There are multiple options available when it comes to flex, such as stiff and regular to make sure it is suitable for beginners and advanced players all the same
- The best thing about this putter is the variety of configuration available in the loft, such as 14-degrees, 16-degrees, and 18-degrees
- The putter has been integrated with the forged hyper speed face cup which is responsible for improving the ball speed
- There are no missing chances when you are playing low on the face
- The putter has an adjustable launch condition because there are adjustable weights, ranging from 3g to 30g and they will optimize the ball flights for you
- When the weight is back, the launch will be higher, and the forgiveness level will enhance
- If you have positioned the weight at a forward position, you will get lower spins
- The head shape is pretty compact that not only looks appealing but it will improve the shots as well
- The putter has been designed with the graphite shaft that ensures lightweight features without compromising on the shot’s quality
- The putter is inculcated with the SuprerStroke grip to ensure you gain proper control over the shots
Before you try to make it to golf, you need to acknowledge the fact that golf is an expensive sport. This is because the woods, putters, and irons can be pretty hard on the pocket. However, this putter has a similar issue that has been added to the list of cons. As far as the performance and durability are concerned, there shall be no compromises because TaylorMade is a trusted brand!
11- Odyssey EXO Indianapolis Putter – Best putter for beginners 2022
The Odyssey EXO Putter is for you if you like feeling confident in your stroke when playing games! This miniature golf putter is 35″ long and has a right-handed orientation.
This putter is made of alloy steel, and this simple yet sleek putter is to be gripped with just one hand and weighs just 1 pound. For grip type, it features steel shaft material which will safeguard your hands during gameplay.
The Callaway brand Putter also comes with an appealing weight that’s well balanced to give you the perfect swing each time around. We have added a wide range of features in the section below as well!
- The putter is available in left-hand and right-hand orientation to make every golfer can play the shots
- As far as the flex is concerned, they have considered every golfer out there, empowering them to offer ladies, regular, and light flex
- The putter has been designed with multiple configurations, but the shaft length is only 35 inches
- This putter is designed to ensure that golfers are able to attain higher distance coverage in addition to the high ball speed, and this is all subjected to the flash face technology. In other words, the flash face technology is integrated to promise higher ball speed without compromising on the ball’s distance coverage
- The putter has been integrated with a forged 455 carpenter steel construction that ensures that players are able to make the off-center and on-center his easily
- There is a jailbreak technology, which means that there are two internal bars. These internal bars will stiffen up the putter, and creating a higher load on the face. This load on the face will improve the ball speed
- The putter has been integrated with the hosel that has a short and lightweight construction
- The putter is designed to relocate the center of gravity that promises long-carrying flight without compromising on the launch and height of the shots
Whenever you are trying to optimize the performance of your golfing shots, you need to consider the fact that choosing the putter will directly impact the performance. As long as you can play with the stiff putters, you will be able to cover higher distances and make high-launching shots with this putter with a renewed outlook.
12- Odyssey 2018 Red Ball Putter – Best golf putters for beginners
The Odyssey Red Ball Putter is perfect for golfers who are looking to produce more consistent contact. Its ability to evolve throughout your swing reduces the number of putts that need to be re-hit.
The steel shaft also gives you a clean stroke, helping you avoid any balls that are close to the cup while at the same time giving feel and flexibility when needed.
Its 35″ length and left-hand orientation make it easy to control, even with its heavier weight of 1 pound. In addition to these features, the Odyssey’s material ensures that any player can make as many as 20 strokes per round without wearing down the product.
The putter will be guaranteed from manufacturer defects with either a one-year or three-year warranty on workmanship from the date of purchase.
- The putter has been designed with the right-hand and left-hand orientation which promises that everyone can use the putter
- The putter has been integrated with the graphite shaft to ensure it is precise and lightweight
- As far as the configuration is concerned, Odyssey has been able to optimize the performance with four different configurations, such as 33 inches, 34 inches, and 35 inches
- The putter has a multi-material construction that is responsible for lowering the center of gravity
- The putters are designed with a 450-stainless steel body, 6-layer carbon crown, and the 455-stainless steel face
- The putter has been integrated with the inverted cone technology that is designed to optimize the ball speed
- The putter has a huge sweet spot that is responsible for increasing the forgiveness level
- The putter has been integrated with the geocoustic technology which makes sure of the advanced shaping
- The putter has a two-tiered sole design that is responsible for increasing the playability of the shots, be it the lies or the sound ribs
- The putter is designed to offer better feel and sound in the shots
- The putter has been inculcated with the open-channel speed pocket that is not only long but flexible as well
- The backspin is reduced which makes sure that you are able to create higher distance coverage
- The putter has a fluted hosel that is added to promise zero compromises on the distance coverage of the center of gravity
Suppose you’ve been looking for a branded putter that makes all your top-notch golfing shot dreams come true; this Odyssey putter the perfect option out there. However, you will need to clean up the putter right after playing the shots because the moisture can rust up the putter’s body. As for the performance, there are no glitches on that side!
13- TaylorMade Golf 2018 TP Black Copper Collection Putters – Best beginner putter
TaylorMade Golf 2018 TP Black Copper Collection Putters are precision-engineered to be highly accurate on any surface. The putter has an all-steel construction, which makes it durable and heavy enough to ensure that your stroke remains constant without swinging too quickly or hitting the ball incorrectly.
The putter is designed with a left-handed orientation for leftie golfers. Also, there is a graphite shaft that promises performance and a lightweight design.
We recommend this TaylorMade golf equipment for players who want a sturdy, high-quality product with advanced built-in technologies. We’ve also outlined the insightful features of the putter!
- The putter is available in left-hand orientation only which means that only the lefties can play with this putter
- The putter has been designed with the graphite shaft that promises uncompromised performance and lightweight features
- As far as the flex is concerned, the putter is available in regular, stiff, and senior flex to make sure there is something for everyone
- The putter has been integrated with the adjustable front to back center of gravity technology
- The front center of gravity is responsible for adding more roll to the game and improving the overall ball flight
- The back center of gravity is responsible for adding height to the ball flight
- The putter has been integrated with the higher forgiveness levels
- The putter has been designed with the easy to adjust loft settings that are responsible for managing the trajectory of the shots
- The launch can be tuned which makes sure that golfers can create a swing, and also, the distance coverage is never-ending
- The putter has a patented speed channel which is designed to increase the ball speed and cover the higher distance with the help of minimized thickness of the face’s perimeter
- This putter can be used for every swing type
- There are loft adjustment features that help in attaining the correct spin
If you’ve been in the golfing world for a long time, you would know that using the putter is essential for improving the overall gameplay experience. However, if the putter is creating the backspin, it can pose negative impacts on the game. So, that’s the con that you will need to address because other than that, there are no negative sides to this putter.
14- Odyssey Stroke Lab Triple Track Putter – Best Golf Putters ever
The Odyssey Stroke Lab Triple Track Putter has a 33″ size designed for the right-handed market. It has an adjustable golf club loft on it and features material of metal and other parts.
With two blades on the head of the putter, it’s an extremely powerful putt as well. It is equipped with a standard grip (no upgrades). The Odyssey Stroke Lab Triple Track Putter has a weight of 0.59 kilograms.
The putter is designed with a dual hand orientation, promising higher availability and accessibility. The putter is designed with different flex options that enhance the flexibility of the shots.
The putter is designed to optimize the ball launch, spin conditions, and more. The putter has a ribbed grip to ensure there is no slipping. So, have a look at the features!
- This putter has been designed with the right-hand and left-hand orientation to make sure it has everything to meet the diverse user needs
- The putter has been designed with the graphite material shaft that is added to promise elegance, quality, and durability at one time
- As for the flex, the putter has regular, senor, extra stiff, and stiff options available
- The putter has a multi-material construction which defines how it has a carbon composite crown
- The shaft is designed with graphite which makes sure that the ball launch is optimal
- The weight shifting is pretty low, and the spin conditions will be optimized
- The putter has a shallow head design which is responsible for improving the playability of the game
- There is a huge variety of lie angles available
- The putter has been designed with the arrow 620 ribbed grips to ensure there is no slipping of the putter
- There is real 65 construction which is another name for durability
- The putter has been integrated with the acoustic technology to make sure there is perfect sound of the shots
Whenever we are investing in something, we want to make sure that it is perfect. So, when you are buying the hundreds of thousands of bucks worth of a putter, you really need something with minimal to zero cons. For all those people, this Odyssey is the apt choice with zero compromises on performance, shots, or durability.
15- Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Putter – Best Putters for Beginners
The Odyssey Stroke Lab is a forgiving and accurate putter with a mallet design. It combines the Tour-proven Tri-Metal steel with Odyssey’s patent-pending CounterCore Technology to create an increased moment of inertia that provides stability at impact.
Because of this weight distribution, you will be able to make more shots stick on or near the center of the green. You’ll also love the sleek speed slot face of this putter, which features reduced drag for enhanced ball speed across varied surfaces and outstanding “stroking” feel on short putting strokes from 37″ or less.
The Odyssey Stroke Lab putter is available in regular flex: 33″, senior: 34″, SW: 35″. There’s no need to struggle when lining up your next shot.
In the section below, we have outlined multiple features of this putter!
- The putter is available in left-handed and right-handed orientation for robust access to every golfer
- The putter has been integrated with the graphite shaft that not only increases the performance of the shots but it also positively impacts the durability
- As for the flex, the putter has been designed with regular and stiff flex to make sure it is optimal for beginners, intermediate, and advanced golfers all the same
- The putter has been integrated with the forged speed frame face cup that helps increase the ball speed
- The face cup is constructed from the 455-carpenter steel that’s added to ensure higher strength for better ball speed
- The putter has been integrated with the modern warbird sole that ensures that you are making the dynamic shots
- The putter has been inculcated with the heavy weighting element in the head, upfront to the sole from the face
- The center of gravity is pretty low which makes sure that there is lower spinning, and also, the trajectory is apt enough to increase the distance covered and improve the ball speed
- The putter has been integrated with the lightweight project x velocity shaft which is another name to increase the distance coverage and improved speed
- The putter has been integrated with the progressive roll radius that makes sure that you are able to make higher shots even on the soft land
For everyone who has been looking for a putter, they should probably try the Odyssey brand because it has been designed to optimize the performance without compromising on the quality of the shots and distance coverage. So, if you are ready to compromise on the thin putter face, there is everything beneficial added to this putter!
Best Putter for Beginners – Buying Guide
For everyone who has been around the golf course, they would know the importance of choosing the right equipment and playing with it. So, if you have been trying to make short-distance shots but couldn’t make them, choosing a putter will be an apt choice. In this buying guide, we have added everything you need to consider while buying the putter, so you make an informed choice. Let’s see!
The way the putter will sit and settle behind the ball and up to the target, the line will define the effectiveness of the putter. To ensure the right alignment of the putter and shots, there are chances of different aids, dots, and lines. This will ensure that you are making shots in the right direction. The alignment aids basically depend on the golfers because some golfers prefer huge lines, while some of them are fine with minimal aids. The look of the putter will define how it sets down behind the ball and how it is picked up. In addition, it will determine the target line, as well.
This is one of the hardest things to define because when it comes down to the putter, there is a wide range of metals and inserts out there. These different components will optimize different feels. In addition, the type of golf ball will directly impact the feel. This is because the hard balls will portray a different feel as compared to soft and hard-compression balls. In addition, people often overlook the sound, but it shouldn’t be off-putting.
When it comes down to the putter, you need to think about the speed of the ball rolling. There are chances that putters lead to hopping and skidding before there is a proper roll. You might not believe this, but initial skidding and hopping can adversely impact the speed and accuracy. You should always prefer smooth-rolling because it has an optimal moment of inertia while reducing the issue of impurities.
You might think that putting is a repetitive and easy exercise, but the real game is highly complicated. This is because even smooth putting can lead to mishits. In this case, you need to use the putters that make good results. The number of forgiveness will directly impact the number of putts.
Blade & Mallet Putter
First of all, mallet putters are famous for a higher level of forgiveness. This is the prime reason that mallet putters are used by beginners and high handicappers. On the other hand, the blade putter is designed with accessible face inserts. To be honest, there is no right or wrong choice here, so just see how much forgiveness you need!
Length Of Putter
There is no specific answer to this because you need to choose the length of the putter that optimizes and settles with the setup. The best thing is that your putter should be short enough to ensure your eyes are aligned over the golf ball. This is because your eyes should be corrected on the balls, or else there will be an adverse impact on distance control and alignment. All in all, the putters used by tour players usually range from 33 inches to 34 inches.
Putters For Low Handicapper
Putting is usually defined as the equalizer, and if you are at any handicap level, you can always use the putters. However, the quality of putting plays an integral role in optimizing the shots, and the quality is optimized with performance and brand name.
You need to use the putter with the toe-balanced putter because it tends to have a higher toe hang. In the same vein, such putters will open and close in the inside-to-inside notion, which is usually named as putting stroke at the swinging gate and arcing.
When it comes down to the putters, you need to be considerate about the offset because it will define the swing. The putter and its offset value play an integral role in the golfer’s ability to aim the putter and square up the face angle.
The blade putters are usually integrated with the narrow and flathead, which promises the right feel. Such heads are perfect for low-handicappers. In contrast, the mallet putters are designed with large and round heads and have the weight distributed all around the head. With the mallet putters, the performance will be consistent. In addition, there is a mid-mallet putter as well, which is integrated with the flange. In simpler words, the weight is positioned behind the face.
Usually, the clubs and irons don’t have choices, but putters have been designed with multiple grip options. This is because golfers can make changes in the size and diameter, which impacts game performance as well. The thick grip is beneficial in making the right strokes, and the putting will be promoted.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I Use A Toe-Balanced Putter?
If you have an inside-to-inside swing, you can use a toe-balanced putter because it is more open on back hits and close on through strikes.
2. What Is The Ideal Loft Degree For Slow And Fast Green Speeds?
You need more loft for slower green speeds and a lesser loft for faster green speeds. The typical putter loft is 2 to 4 degrees.
3. How Should I Choose The Right Putter For Me?
It is a reality that the right putter will elevate your performance if it is easier to hold and stable. Other than this, you have to pay attention to several factors while picking the putter. You should consider your physical appearance, product quality, price, and alignment methods that suit your gaming level.
4. Mallet Or Blade Putter: Which One Is The Best?
Mallet putters are innovative and larger, so they offer you alignment and help you increase your number of putts. The blade putters flaunt a slender head with little alignment aids. They are more organized and compact than mallet ones. You should pick a putter that suits your playing level. Pro golfers use both putters, while the beginners prefer using a mallet putter because it provides alignment.
5. What Type Of Putter Is Suitable For Novices?
If you are a beginner, give a try to a mallet putter. To make the right decision, there are several other factors you need to bear in mind. Obtain a putter with a thicker grip, alignment aids, and additional forgiveness.
6. How Many Putters Can I Carry In My Golf Bag?
You can carry as many putters as you want in your bag. However, the majority of golfers carry only one putter.
7. Is It Good To Use Oversized Grips?
Many golfers love to play with larger grips because they help them stabilize their strikes. However, it is your personal choice whether you want to use an oversized grip or not. Select what feels right for you.
8. What Is The Most Forgiving Putter For Newbies?
There are three different types of putters: high MOI, blade, and a mallet putter. The high MOI ones are perceived to be the most forgiving putters because of their unique design and weighting. They will be beneficial for your mishits. If you are not an excellent striker, you will still be able to take the ball to the hole. Keep in mind, picking a forgiving putter is critical if you are a beginner.
9. Are Heavyweight Putters Better Than Lighter Ones?
The heavier putters are much better than lighter ones. The lighter ones primarily affect consistent distance control, but they are great for directional control. On the other hand, the heavier ones don’t have much impact on directional control, but they have a severe influence on distance control.
10. Can I Use A Thicker Putter Grip?
A thicker grip will help you with putting precision. It decreases the wrist impact through the stroke and enables an improved and stable roll on the ball. If you have bigger arm muscles, it can help you dominate by lowering the impact on jittery wrists.
11. How many times do I need to get the putter fitted?
Putters are one of the most integrals clubs out there, and beginners use the putters as well. So, make sure you are getting the putter properly fitted because it’s a perfect assistant for the golfers on the golf course.
12. What is considered the right length for the putter?
The length of the putter is usually optimized according to the height of the golfers. In the section below, we have added the estimates;
- 32” for the height of 4’8” to 5’
- 33” for the height of 5’1” to 5’4”
- 34” for the height of 5’4” to 5’8”
- 35” for the height of 5’9” to 6’
13- Which is the best grip for wet weather conditions?
If you think you might need to play golf in wet weather conditions, you should use the putters with the brushed cotton cord because it is designed as a moisture-wicking fiber. This will remove moisture, so there are zero compromises on the performance or control over the shots.
The Bottom Line
When it comes down to the beginner and high handicapper golfers, putters play an integral role in aligning the shots without compromising on the feel and forgiveness. All the putters added in this article are perfect for ensuring all those things. So, all you need to do is check your skill level and golf game objectives and make an informed choice accordingly.