The best golf driver you can buy is the one that will make the game more enjoyable and help you progress as a golfer. It’s worth spending time to research what type of driver is best for your skill level.
Different features like loft, weight, length, and shaft flex offer variations in performance and feel. If you know you’re not really into this sport just yet but want to start taking it up as a hobby, then we suggest going with an entry-level model.
So, you can opt for the best driver under 100 to ensure there is no hard bunger on the bank account.
If you’ve been looking for a top-notch driver that’s been designed to help you optimize the shots, this article is a perfect place for you.
In this article, we have listed the best drivers under 100 to ensure there is no compromise on the quality of shots. So, have a look at the drivers!
|Top||Ram Golf SGS 460cc Driver - Mens Right Hand - Headcover Included - Steel Shaft||Check Price on Amazon|
|Tommy Armour TA1 Driver (Left, Graphite, Regular, 10.5)||Check Price on Amazon|
|Pinemeadow Golf PGX Offset Driver (Ladies, Right Hand, Graphite, Ladies Flex) Black/Green/White||Check Price on Amazon|
|Pinemeadow Golf Realtree Driver||Check Price on Amazon|
|Momentus Junior 240 Power Hitter Driver (Left Hand)||Check Price on Amazon|
|Mens Left Handed MDX 460cc Super Long Hitting and Accurate Golf Driver Regular Flex Graphite Golf Club LH Max Distance||Check Price on Amazon|
|Senior Men's Money Club High Launch 520cc 12.5° Golf Driver. Right Handed Premium Ultra Forgiving Senior Lite Flex Graphite Shaft with Tour Velvet Grip||Check Price on Amazon|
|TEC Plus 460 cc Ti Matrix Driver Men's (Right-Handed)||Check Price on Amazon|
1. Ram Golf SGS 460cc Driver – Best Golf Driver Under $100
The Ram Golf SGS 460cc Driver can be a great option. This club has been designed to deliver the maximum ball speed and distance while providing ultimate control and feel. Its head design is made with titanium, making it lighter weight than other clubs on the market today.
It also features an adjustable loft ranging from 8° to 12°, giving you versatility in trajectory control. Plus, it comes equipped with a vibration-dampening dual-cavity design for more stability at impact and a double-bend shaft that provides additional feedback to your hands about where on the face of the clubhead you are striking this means better performance.
The drivers are designed with higher control level, accrediting to the cut down short.
In the section below, we have outlined a wide range of features that have been inculcated in this driver. So, have a look!
- The driver has been designed with the 460cc oversize head which is designed to increase the size of the sweet spot, leading to increased forgiveness
- The driver has been designed with the titanium head which has become the ultimate form of durability and performance
- As far as the shaft is concerned, the driver has been designed with the steel shaft because it tends to be economical
- The steel shaft of this driver is slightly cut down short which is designed to provide the highest standard of control
- The driver has been designed with the all-weather golf grip because it helps in keeping the grip safe from the weather impacts
- When you buy the driver, you will come across the matching headcover that’s added to ensure that clubhead remains safe from the damage without a single extra penny
It is needless to say that every golfer wants something which poses zero downsides to ensure they can make well-rounded shots. So, if you are a beginner who has been looking for a similar driver, this Ram driver will help make the shots as you want them to.
2. New Tommy Armour XL TA-27 Driver – Best Driver Under 100 Dollars
For everyone who wants to start playing golf, you need to go to the court with the perfect driver that helps you play the ball off the ground. So, New Tommy has come up with this driver that has sharpened its name in the world of golf.
The driver has been designed with a stiff shaft flex that ensures it is perfect for aggressive golfers. In addition, the driver has been integrated with the graphite shaft, so there is no performance downside involved.
The driver has a streamlined head size, topped with a matte black finish for golfers who need to make a statement in the golf course. There is a 460cc titanium head in the driver, which tends to enhance the forgiveness level because the sweet spot has a huge size.
Overall, there is a crown for proper alignment in the shots. In addition, this is a pretty feature-rich driver, and we have added all the features of this driver in the section below. Look for yourself!
- This driver is an amazing place that has been designed with the stiff shaft flex. The stiff flex will ensure that you’ve just-right flexibility in the shots
- The driver has been integrated with a graphite shaft that’s the name for durability and zero compromises on the performance
- The driver is featured with the 460cc head to ensure the forgiveness rate is increased, given the huge sweet spot
- The driver’s head has a very traditional shape, and it has been painted with the matte black paint on the crown
- The crown is shaped to ensure there is optimal alignment in the shots
- The driver has been designed with the right-handed orientation to make sure that every right-handed golfer can play the shots
- The driver has the 10.5 degrees of loft angle to ensure your shots are properly angled
- The driver has a regular flex DLT shaft that is designed to offer the dynamic launch
- The driver has been designed to ensure you are making long and highly forgiving shots
- The driver has been included with the headcover to ensure that the clubhead is safe from damage
Over time, the trend of sports has increased, and it’s needless to say golfing is one of the most preferred sports out there. So, if you’ve been looking for the best driver to accompany you in the golf court, New Tommy has got you covered with this one. However, it’s available for right-handed players only, so you have got to check that before buying it!
3. PGX Offset Driver (Ladies, Right Hand, Graphite, Ladies Flex)
This club has a super sleek design, with a square face and matte black finish. This driver is perfect for any lady looking to add some more power from her swing.
The 460 cc’s of premium graphite keep this driver lightweight, so you don’t have to worry about all that added weight slowing you down!
The steel shaft and soft-flexing grip make it easy for ladies to use this all day long without feeling too much fatigue in their hands or arms.
The best thing about this driver is the headcover, so you can keep the clubhead protected. So, this driver is one of the best, and if you are a beginner lady, this driver will be apt with the following features;
- The driver has been designed by Pinemeadow Golf, which is the true depiction of quality and performance, and this driver is the perfect portrayal.
- The driver has been integrated with the offset feature, which is responsible for squaring the ball at the impact.
- The square face will ensure you are able to make straight shots. Even more, you will be able to make long shots with this driver.
- The driver has been designed with the matte black finish, topped with green and white hues to ensure it provides a very sleek and clean outlook.
- The driver has been curated with an oversized driver, such as 460cc head.
- The head is large enough to increase the size of the sweet spot that’s responsible for increasing the forgiveness rate.
- Once you buy the driver, you will be able to get your hands on the headcover, which is responsible for protecting the head from damages.
Whenever you are talking about golf, it is needless to say that people are always looking for the perfect driver. However, one must always look for branded products, and this driver is the true face of the reputed brand without compromising performance or affordability.
4. Pinemeadow Golf Men’s Command W7X Camo Driver
The Pinemeadow Golf Realtree Driver embodies the American spirit. It features a camouflage pattern for that rugged, predator-catching vibe and a titanium head to ensure maximum performance from each swing.
This driver will have you choking down on your handle with glee over all the devastation you’ll be unleashing onto opponents staring through the windshield of their car while trying to figure out where you put their three wood.
The driver is designed with an aerodynamic speed slot, which not only enhances the swing speed, but the shots will be long and straight as well. Overall, the velvet grip gives the much-needed oomph to the driver.
In the section below, we have outlined the features of the Command W7X driver, so have a look.
- The driver has been designed with the standard graphite shaft to ensure there is no compromise on the quality and performance
- The driver has an oversized design to ensure there is enough forgiveness in the shots if there is beginner playing the shot
- The driver has a 460cc oversized titanium allow driver head to ensure there is enough sweet spot to offer the optimal level of forgiveness in the shots
- The clubhead has an aerodynamic speed slot on it that’s designed to offer the high-speed swing sped and the drives and shots will be long as well
- The driver has been inculcated with the velvet grip that offers the soft yet firm grip to ensure there is a top-notch performance in the shots
For every golfer out there, choosing the perfect driver is an integral decision to make. However, one needs to ensure that you are using the branded drivers, and Pinemeadow is one of the top brands out there. This Pinemeadow driver is perfect, and if we are honest, there are no apparent cons in this driver.
5. Momentus Power Hitter Driver – Best Golf Drivers
The Momentum power hitter golf driver introducing the first head and shaft weighted together by proportion. This Driver has a 260 gram head for swing speeds below 85 mph, 190 grams of total weighting calculated with perfect precision through advanced 3D modeling.
With 24 accurate yards per pound, 300 RPMs @ 90 mph swing speed, this practice driver offers improved accuracy . Suppose you can’t manage high-speed or precision shots. You’ll find an easier-to-control clubface at impact for nailing those consistent drives off the tee box or fairway because your ball will stay put in deep rough!
In the section below, we have added all the features of the driver to provide insights!
- The driver has been designed to offer different weight options, and the best part is that there is a junior option available as well
- This power hitter driver has been designed with the ladies weight, 260g, 275g, 310g, and 350g weight configurations for diverse option availability
- The driver has been designed with a left-handed and right-handed orientation to ensure that everyone can play the shots
- The driver comes with the matching headcover to ensure there is optimal protection of the driver’s head
- When you order this driver, you will be able to get your hands on the free DVD
- This driver is perfect for every beginner and professional golfer as long as the swing speed is limited to 85mph
- The driver has a 175g shaft to ensure there is optimal weight and the lightweight option will help golfers make shots easily
- With this power hitter driver, you will be able to make shots off the tee while covering the distance of 20 yards to 30 yards
- The driver has the revolutionary hittable weighted practice that helps in increasing the distance coverage for off the tee shots
- The driver has the combination of shaft-weighting technology and proportionate head-weighting to ensure there is an only suitable delay in the shots
- The driver allows the players to make powerful shots by generating the highest standard of force into the ball’s back
For everyone who has been looking for a driver that helps them make shots off the tee without compromising on the distance covered, this driver is the most suitable choice out there. This driver has anything one needs to make powerful shots, but you need to be mindful about the weight-bearing.
6. Men’s MDX 500cc Super Long Hitting Driver – Best Golf Driver
The new MDX 460cc golf driver from HeadsUpSports not only launches you straight down the fairway with a lower cut angle and higher spin rate, but it also lets you hold off on ordering that custom-fitted glove!
It’s got an impressive COR of .798 for ridiculous ball speeds off the tee. The head of this golf driver is so lightweight at 158g (5.6 ounces) yet so large at 460cc, which gives you insane clubhead speed to smash through anything in your way while providing unmatched accuracy .
This Men’s driver is one of the top choices out there because it has been inculcated with the features that we have outlined in the section below;
- The driver has been designed with the huge 500cc driver head. Usually, the drivers are designed with 460cc heads, but this driver will ensure that there are highest standards of forgiveness in the shots even if you are playing the mishits.
- The driver has been integrated with the ultralight, stiff flex, which is the ultimate name for excellence and just-right flexibility for the shots.
- The driver has been designed with the graphite shaft that will help make top-notch shots without compromising the effectiveness of the shots.
- There is a matching headcover in the driver set, so the driver’s head remains protected. In addition, it is custom-fitted to ensure that it doesn’t loosen up.
- The driver has been designed with a higher COR value across the face, which is responsible for making the precise ye straight shots.
- The golfers will be able to make the shots off the tee as well.
It’s needless to say that every beginner dreads making the mishits, but it is pretty evident that such shots will be made since you will be the beginner. For all such beginners, this driver has a massive head size, and you will be able to make shots off the tee as well. However, the driver might not suit the pros and intermediate players as they don’t feel comfortable with the huge head.
7. Senior Men’s Money Club High Launch 520cc 12.5° Golf Driver
The Senior Men’s Money Club Golf Driver is a stylish and innovative club that can turn around your game! The 520cc size of this golf driver ensures optimum distance.
It has the correct loft of 12.5° to give you that boost on your drive, making it easier for you to have more control over where you are trying to hit the ball with minimal effort.
This golf driver uses lightweight graphite shafts, which maximize power while at the same time maintains its lightweight nature, so no matter what level golfer you are, this golf driver will work best for any swing speed or stature!
In the section below, we have outlined the features of the Senior Men driver, so have a look!
- The driver has been designed with a right-handed orientation to make sure all such people can make the right shots
- The driver has been integrated with 12.5 degrees loft angle to ensure there is no compromise in the shots and their angles
- The driver has been designed with the massive 520cc driver head to ensure there is no compromise on the forgiveness level of the shots. However, this driver head size isn’t in compliance with the USGA standards
- The driver has been designed with premium black velvet grip that not only offers the soft and firm grip, but it will also create a top-notch outlook
- There is a lightweight graphite shaft in this driver to ensure you are able to make high-performance shots
- There is senior lite flex in this driver to ensure you are able to inculcate proper flexibility in the shots
- The driver has been designed with the standard length, in compliance with the USGA standards
- The driver comes with a headcover to ensure your driver’s head is safe from the damage
- The golfers will access the maximized distance coverage even if you are playing off the tee shots
- The driver has been designed to ensure long shots
When it comes down to golf, you will find the majority of senior people because they join such clubs after their retirement. Similarly, this Senior Men driver is suitable for everyone who wants to play off the tee and doesn’t need to worry about forgiveness or mishits because this driver has a 520cc head. However, it’s only available for right-handed players, so be mindful of that!
8. Pinemeadow Golf Command W7X Driver – Best Golf Drivers 100
The Pinemeadow Golf Men’s Command W7X Camo Driver is a new and innovative driver with an oversized design that provides unsurpassed power.Its oversized drivers feature 460 cc heads and graphite shafts, which give you measurably more yardage than mid-sized drivers on average each time you hit it.
The Graphite shafts of this golf driver also provide more stability at swing speeds of 129 mph or less for those looking to control their distance better on long shots or who are coming back from injury.
This Pinemeadow driver is also integrated with the aerodynamic speed slot to ensure there are no compromises on the speed of the shots. With this driver, the golfers will be able to enhance the distance coverage.
This Pinemeadow driver is one of the top choices out there, and we have outlined its features in the section below!
- The driver has been designed with the oversized head to ensure there is a huge sweet spot. This huge sweet spot will help in increasing the forgiveness level
- The driver has been designed with the headcover to ensure there is the highest standard of protection to the clubhead when you aren’t using it
- The driver has been integrated with the aerodynamic speed slot in the driver’s sole to ensure you are able to gain higher speed in the shots
- The distance coverage will be maximized with this driver
- The driver has a white finish on the crown which promises the improvement of head visibility
- The golfers will be able to align the driver off the tee, promising that you can hit the fairway and the accuracy of the shots will be amazing as well
- The driver has a white grip which makes sure there is the optimal and sleek outlook
Whenever someone has to buy new golf equipment, they want to make sure that they have the best driver out there. For everyone out there, this Pinemeadow driver will serve the purpose because you will be able to make accurate and off the tee shots. In addition, the driver provides higher forgiveness for the beginners as well.
9. Dunlop Golf- DDH Driver 11 Regular Flex Driver [Black]
The DDH 11 driver has a 460cc head with the perfect weight distribution that ensures optimal distance and pure balls. The club also features GBB’s Arc technology which is built into the club’s crown to produce a downward force on shots from anywhere on the face.
This driver helps to prevent mishits from going too high and is responsible for providing higher control on the shots without compromising on the strength.
The driver has been integrated with the TPR grip to ensure there are no compromises on comfort and firmness.
In addition, there is a headcover for higher protection of the clubhead. In the section below, we have outlined the features of the driver as well, have a look!
- The driver has been designed with the right-handed orientation to make sure that every right-handed golfer can make the perfect shots with this Dunlop driver
- The driver is designed to optimize the high launch of the shots while creating the low spin
- The driver has been integrated with the stable 460cc alloy clubhead to ensure there is a just-right forgiveness level available for the beginners
- The driver is designed to offer 50% graphite shaft with the prime reason to offer higher control over the shots, and the shots will be powerful as well
- There is a TPR grip in the driver that’s promised to provide the firm yet comfortable holding
- As long as you aren’t buying the camo driver, you will get a headcover in the set to ensure the driver’s head remains safe and protected from every potential damage
Well, too bad that this driver isn’t available for people other than right-handed players because this driver is one of the finest drivers out there. Ranging from the accuracy of the shots to distance coverage and forgiveness level, this driver has been integrated with everything essential.
10. King Par TEC Plus 460 cc Ti Matrix Driver Men’s
Your game will be on point with this King Par TEC Plus 460 cc Ti Matrix Driver Men’s. This driver has a heavier weight than most at 340 g, which you’ll notice when it comes to taking the club back to the top.
The deep face is available for optimum exhaust and tuning your distance to fly just a few yards past where you’re standing. Get more speed, less spin with its graphite shaft, and have maximum confidence knowing that the clubhead includes titanium matrix body reinforcement technology.
This driver can withstand anything from fairway shots to tee-off blasts, so your strokes are always accurate, even if they come from off-center.
In addition, we have rounded up the features of the driver, so have a look!
- The driver has been designed with the right-hand orientation to ensure right-handed golfers can make the shots
- The driver has a 46cc head to ensure there is enough sweet spot, promising optimal forgiveness level and everything is compliant with the USGA
- The driver has a high MOI design to ensure there are highest standards of accuracy and precision in the shots
- The driver has been integrated with the extreme distance shaft as it is designed with a graphite shaft which is lightweight as well
- This driver is pretty exceptional which means it is suitable for the beginners
- When you buy the driver, you will get the headcover as well to ensure there is higher protection of the driver’s head
- The driver has a soft rubber grip to ensure there is a firm grip offered to the golfers and the overall hold of the driver will improve
As long as you are a right-handed golfer, you will be able to use this driver to ensure the highest standards of performance in the shots. In addition, the driver is highly forgiving, and you will be able to make off the tee shots. On top of everything, the driver has a soft rubber grip to ensure optimal hold. So, as long as you are a right-handed golfer, this will be a perfect driver for beginners and pro golfers all the same.
Buying Guide – Best Driver Under 100
Golf is an expensive sport, and there is no denial in that. Be it buying the golf club or the golf ball, membership for the golf court, or any other equipment, the players need to have a ton of money in their bank account because all these things will always cost significant money. However, this money should always provide value for the money.
When it comes down to choosing the best driver under 100, you tend to become overwhelmed. This is mainly because the market is flooded with a wide range of drivers, irons, and clubs. In addition, there are multiple brands in the market, and they are all designed to meet the diverse needs of gamers and golfers according to their skills and golf objects.
If you are on the quest to find the perfect driver for your beginner self, you need to be extremely mindful of the products. This is because you need to consider multiple factors while buying the driver. In this buying guide, we have covered every essential factor that needs to be considered while deciding the best driver out there. So, have a look and make sure that you are paying attention to these details because they will directly impact your final choice. So, have a look!
Forgiveness is the count that helps you see how much the driver will be able to take the mishit or the bad strike. For instance, if you miss the sweet spot with the club, you might struggle with the directional and distance loss. By choosing the forgiving driver, you will be able to reduce the distance consumption, promising straight flights and shots even if there are mishits.
The modern and advanced drivers are designed with higher forgiveness levels because they have understood the fact that beginners tend to make mishits. In contrast, the outdated drivers would lead to finger pains if there was a mishit, and lost ball count was always spiking up. So, make sure that you have highly forgiving drivers for reducing the risk of mishits or bad consequences.
When it comes down to the driver, you need to understand the fact that drivers have the lowest possible loft in the golf bag. With this notion, the straightness of the shots or hitting the shots will become even more difficult. So, if you want to make sure that there is no adverse impact on the shots, always go for the low loft.
The low loft angles range from 7 degrees to 10 degrees, which leads to optimally fast swing speed. With such a loft angle range, the swing speed will range from 110mph to a distance coverage of more than 280 yards. The beginners tend to make the swing speed of 80mph to 90mph, demanding higher loft to reduce the swing speed. If the loft angle is higher, the backspin will increase as well that can limit the movement.
When you are trying to buy the driver, you need to understand the fact that the shaft is the most important factor. The shaft basically predicts how the ball is going to fly through the air. In addition, it will impact the consistency of the shots as well. In the majority of cases, the driver shafts are usually designed with steel or graphite.
The shaft flex includes ladies, senior flex, regular, stiff, extra stiff. The extra stiff flex is also known as a tour. The fast swing speeds usually demand the stiff shaft flex to ensure that you are making consistent shots. If the shaft flex is too low, the shape of the shots will be inconsistent, and the too stiff shaft flex will create a low swing speed.
According to the USGA that happens to be the regulatory authority of the golf community, the maximum allowed driver head size ranges from 440cc to 460cc. If the driver size is bigger than it is not compliant with the authorities, with this notion, the clubface size will increase, leading to a bigger sweet spot. The size of the sweet spot directly impacts the forgiveness level.
Adjustable & Fixed Weights
When we are talking about the latest drivers, the weights are usually attached to the head’s sole, and the golfers have the power to slide them around. This will alter the position of the weight that directly impacts the shape of the shots. This sounds good for sure, and it will pose a direct impact on the MOI value and center of gravity. However, if you need additional ease, you can opt for drivers that have the feature of adding or removing the weights.
Whenever you are trying to invest in a driver, it is needless to say that there are multiple advanced options in the market. For instance, the drivers are designed with an adjustable loft. That’s because you are screw or unscrew the head. With this notion, you will be able to increase or decrease the loft angle from 9 degrees to 14 degrees. This adjustability is beneficial for beginner players as they can adjust the loft according to their skill level.
While choosing the driver, you need to be mindful of the weight because it plays a crucial role in the shape of the shots. For instance, the drivers are either designed with adjustable and fix weights, which means that users will have the liberty to personalize their golfing experience. If you choose the fixed weight design, the control and distance will be optimized.
In contrast, the adjustable weight design helps personalize the golfing experience. However, the weight is majorly impacted by the length, material, and design. As far as the material is concerned, composite and tungsten material has seen an upscale. Tungsten material tends to be heavy, but it poses an impact on versatility and durability. In contrast, carbon alloy is also used to ensure there is a lightweight feature.
When it comes down to the drivers, you need to understand and acknowledge the fact that the USGA has length standards designed for the drivers. The short shafts can improve the feel and control of the shots. In addition, the long shaft is responsible for enhancing the precision and accuracy of the shots.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the reason that beginners need specific golf drivers?
With each passing day, the golf manufacturing companies are designing and launching new drivers. This can make the overall process of finding the right driver correctly. While choosing the golf driver, being precise is essential because it impacts the shape and speed of the shots. The driver needs to be chosen according to the spin rate, launch trajectory, and ball speed.
Is it essential to have the latest technology?
It is needless to say that drivers are regularly updated by the companies so that they can cater to the diverse needs of the players. These new technologies play an integrated role in optimizing high-end performance rates and optimized shots. The latest driver technologies involve the center of gravity placement, adjustability, and adjustable loft sleeve for accurate shots and high distance coverage.
How can one choose the right shaft?
The shaft is a great way of optimizing the flexibility level. When it comes down to choosing the right shaft, you need to think about the swing speed and flexibility. There are ladies, senior, regular, stiff, and extra stiff flexibility options, so every golfer can instill flexibility in their shots.
How many drivers one golfer needs?
According to the USGA, the golfers can only keep 14 clubs in the golf bag. When it comes down to the drivers, you are advised to keep at least two of them in your bag. One driver is needed for shaping the shots, while the other one should help in maximum distance coverage.
What Are The Key Features Of A Perfect Beginner Driver?
The ideal beginner driver includes these features:
- Have a stylish design
- An affordable price tag
- A higher loft
- Large sweet spot
- An oversized clubhead
- Comfortable and pliable shaft
What Driver Head Size Is Appropriate For A Golfer?
The size of a clubhead is calculated by volume in cubic centimeters. The maximum limit of the head size is 460 cubic centimeters. Presently, the majority of drivers available in the market are between 440 and 460cc. The 440cc drivers are made for golfers who love to shape the ball in the air as they create diverse liftoff situations. On the other hand, the 460cc heads are designed for players who are looking for more forgiveness.
What Is The Ideal Material For A Golf Driver?
In the past, persimmon woods and metal woods were used for manufacturing the drivers. However, nowadays, the drivers available out there are constructed of composite or titanium heads. Titanium has become very prevalent because it is robust, lightweight, and long-lasting. It permitted brands to increase the clubheads’ size and reduce the driver’s weight.
The latest drivers allow the golfers to swing faster and generate maximum distance. Besides, they offer a greater margin for error with a higher sweet spot. Different types of materials are used for making composite drivers. Carbon and tungsten are coupled with titanium to boost driver performance.
What Is Meant By Launch Conditions?
It is a good idea to get measured for your driver. During the procedure, you will get to know about “launch conditions.” It is a mix of diverse factors that decides how the ball is hit and what the outcome will be. Many factors create launch conditions, but essential ones are the launch angle and ball spin. The Holy Grail for the launch angle is 17 degrees, and the ball spin is 1700 rpm. The current ideal for ball spin is 3000 rpm, and the launch angle is 12 degrees, depending on your clubhead’s speed.
Does Shaft Flex Have Any Impact On My Driver?
They are imperative in all golf clubs, including drivers. The perfect shaft helps golfers strike the ball farther and straighter with consistency. Many brands provide regular, stiff, extra stiff shaft flexes. However, you can also acquire ladies, seniors, and more extra stiff shaft flexes according to your needs. The less stiff shafts are lightweight, so they generate a higher ball flight. On the other hand, stiff shafts are heavier, so they will create a lower ball flight.
Does Shaft Length Have Any Influence On The Driver?
The legal limit for the driver’s length is 48 inches. Many drivers are 43 to 46 inches long. The companies include all essential features in the driver, but they decrease the length? Why? If the driver is longer, the clubhead will travel further during the swing. As a result, the speed will increase. Many drivers are equipped with a shaft of 45 inches to maintain the balance of control and distance.
Should All My Clubs Have The Same Swing Weight?
You must confirm they have the same swing weight. Even if you deliberate they are a little light or heavy, all the clubs present in your golf bag must be closer to the same swing weight. If they have different swing weights, they will lead to poor performance. You can use lead tape to balance your clubs if they have different swing weights.
Is It Possible To Alter Swing Weight Without Purchasing New Clubs?
If you are a professional golfer with a lower handicap, you might be aware of your swing weight. So, it becomes easier for you to purchase your new golf club set with your desired swing weight. However, novices often invest hundreds of dollars on club sets before knowing their swing weight. If you are a beginner, you can use lead tape to balance your clubs. Add the lead tape’s piece at several points on the clubs to attain the weight that is suitable for you. If you are unable to do so, you can request a professional golfer to do it for you.
How Much Weight Is Required To Alter The Swing Weight?
If you increase or decrease the clubhead’s weight by 2 grams, the swing weight will increase or decrease by 1. Similarly, if you add or subtract 5 grams to or from the grip, the swing weight will increase or decrease by 1. However, when you add or subtract 8 grams to or from the shaft, you achieve the same swing weight.
Can A Driver Be Tremendously Lightweight?
Yes, but many golfers don’t like the feel of an extremely lightweight driver because the swing weight also becomes too light.
The Bottom Line
As you are looking for the best golf driver under $100 that is right for your needs, it’s essential to keep in mind what type of golfer you are. If this is your first time picking up a club or if you’re just getting started in the game, then there are some great options available at lower prices.
You can find drivers with forgiving head shapes and low center-of-gravity features, making it easier to get used to swinging them properly. Golfers who have been playing for years might be more interested in finding an upgrade from their current set of clubs, depending on how much they play each week.
Whatever level of experience you have, we hope that our list has helped point out some quality choices so that anyone could enjoy the game!